fiduciary

Author Topic: Ultrasound 2.5 manual and notes  (Read 18027 times)

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
Re: Ultrasound 2.5 manual and notes
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2010, 09:17:05 PM »
The quick charger from TCSS will work fine, use the 7.4v setting.

Offline bluerolla

• Experienced Force User
  • Happy Valley Hawaii
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2010, 09:25:36 PM »
hi i have a question , i have a us 2.5 and want to run a lux v green... what rechargeable power supply to you recommend? oh and it's going into an mhs luke rotj hilt. i was thinking 2 ultra fire 14500 3.6v? also iam doing in hilt recharge. thanks

sorry i meant if the 2 ultrafire 14500 3.6v is a good choice to go with US 2.5 in an mhs luke rotj hilt.

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2010, 09:28:30 PM »
hi i have a question , i have a us 2.5 and want to run a lux v green... what rechargeable power supply to you recommend? oh and it's going into an mhs luke rotj hilt. i was thinking 2 ultra fire 14500 3.6v? also iam doing in hilt recharge. thanks

sorry i meant if the 2 ultrafire 14500 3.6v is a good choice to go with US 2.5 in an mhs luke rotj hilt.

yes, it'll be fine.

Offline Darksaber 3

• Master Force User
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2010, 09:28:57 PM »
Yeah, that should work fine. Depending on the space, you also could try out the 18650 Li-ion cells they now carry, along with the 7.2V PCB. That way, you will get a longer run time. But they take up quite a bit of space, so it may not be an option. Still, jsut a thought. I would probably go with the Trustfires myself.

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2010, 09:39:21 PM »
Yeah, that should work fine. Depending on the space, you also could try out the 18650 Li-ion cells they now carry, along with the 7.2V PCB. That way, you will get a longer run time. But they take up quite a bit of space, so it may not be an option. Still, jsut a thought. I would probably go with the Trustfires myself.

The saber would be rather long as you would need to use a 4in double female for the back end to fit a in line 18650 pack.

For a smaller hilt I would go with the 3in DF or a 2in DF, male to male adapter and a 1in DF with an inline 14500 pack.

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline bluerolla

• Experienced Force User
  • Happy Valley Hawaii
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2010, 10:20:01 PM »
thanks for your help i guess i'll go that set up luke mhs rotj v2

Offline Darth_Dadderall

• Force User
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2010, 04:46:26 PM »
Okay, so I got my US 2.5 and I have some issues/questions.
It came direct from the manufacturer and without the "jumper wire" mentioned (and that I've seen elsewhere) but it still worked just fine for a while. Now, I only get about five minutes max of runtime before it does one of three things: the sound quits with just an electrical hum but the LED stays on, and the board stops accepting input from either the motion, clash or button (I have to break the circuit with the kill key in a 4.8 NiMH setup to turn it off), or it will reset itself, or it will go lights out and continue to play the idle hum, and then just say "Three. One." and hum some more with no more input.
FWIW, I'm driving a red LED and an AV switch accent on the L2 pad.
What's going on with my board?

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2010, 05:49:31 PM »
Not a clue without seeing the saber.  You could have a short or it could be a defective board.  Have you contacted Jesse Randall?  This is not an Ultrasabers issue as you did not buy the board from them.

Facebook: VVFB

Offline Darth_Dadderall

• Force User
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2010, 06:09:18 PM »
I'll do that but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas based on description of symptoms. My communication history with JR has been...sporadic at best.

Offline Master Jedye

• The Master of the School for the Dremel-Fu Gifted
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Master Jedye
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2010, 06:15:20 PM »
I'll do that but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas based on description of symptoms. My communication history with JR has been...sporadic at best.

Could be anything for a poorly charged battery (which I assume you've checked) to a borked board.  As Luminara said, without having the board in hand to rule-out some issues, it's hard to say.

PM MH ...  he's fixed a few of these. 

First place winner in the 19 BBY \"Mustafar LavaRock Belly Crawl\"

Offline Darth_Dadderall

• Force User
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2010, 06:17:35 PM »
OK. I should remark that I'm concerned that I've done something unfortunate to the battery pack, as it only charges for about 1-3 minutes. And if I continue to manipulate the saber, the accent LED on the AV switch does get hella-dark. Perhaps I have a faulty battery pack setup?

(MH?)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 06:19:07 PM by Darth_Dadderall »

Offline Master Jedye

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2010, 06:20:00 PM »
Ok.

Then stop for a second before you do some irreversible damage to your board.  As you know, it takes more than 1-3 minutes to charge.... so something is wrong somewhere.

If you think it has something to do with faulty batteries, it's always best to remove them.

Do you have another battery pack to test? 

And yes... MH
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 06:21:51 PM by Master Jedye »

Offline Darth_Dadderall

• Force User
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2010, 06:25:33 PM »
:/ Not...exactly. I have a stack of 1.2V 2/3A cells that have to be packed for another project, but they're still unsoldered and virgins. This setup was 4 AA size NiMH in a 2Wx2L setup with wire spacer to break it apart around an AV switch.

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2010, 06:33:24 PM »
Check that pack again, ...undo it, resolder your points, ......something aint right with that pack.

edit:

actually, check your recharge port wiring while you're in the hilt as well, could be a ground fault.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 06:36:41 PM by CHEWBACCA »

Offline Master Jedye

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2010, 06:36:55 PM »
Check that pack again, ...undo it, resolder your points, ......something aint right with that pack.

That's kinda where I going with this. 
I've asked him to go to GC chat and maybe we can work it though.  He can post the results for posterity after.

retrousse