fiduciary

Author Topic: BACK ONLINE!  (Read 2619 times)

Offline DARTH VADER

• SMF tech support
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Turtle Shell Productions
BACK ONLINE!
« on: February 09, 2017, 08:56:22 PM »
Apparently this site has become so popular and active that it ran over the limits imposed by the previous hosting service.

Never fear, though! The amazing Yoda was on top of things and got a new service set up.

Then I (Vader) had the grueling task of moving all of the content form the old server, to the new server and confirming that everything was in place.

It looks like this is now complete and the site is active and happy in its new server home.

One thing I did note, while moving the database -- many of you folks have personal messages dating back ages.... some, all the way back to 2005.
It would be a great help if y'all could start thinking about pruning some of those older messages -- copy the text to a file on your local drive, if you feel it is important to keep the content.

One other note... in an effort to clear the logs and save a little time in my transfer - all messages for all users were marked as "READ".
Sorry for any inconvenience, but removing the topic-read log saved me at least 30 minutes of work in getting the site back online.

If you notice anything amiss, please report it to me in the Repair Bays board.

MTFBWY!

--Darth Vader

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
Re: BACK ONLINE! Thank you Lord Vader!
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 10:04:45 PM »
Hello everyone

As you can all see the forum is back up and running once more and has been migrated
to a new and larger server to better handle the needs of the community.

I have to extend my most humble thanks  :azn: to our Lord Vader for working with me and
our hosting service since Noon yesterday to get this all back up and running properly.

And a very appropriately said...  :vader: impressive, MOST impressive :cool:

Thank you all for being patient while this was taken care of and for your continued support
and participation here at fx-sabers  :yoda:
MTFBWY
always
YODA

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
Re: BACK ONLINE!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 04:54:12 AM »
Thank you for all of your great work!