fiduciary

Author Topic: Outstanding transactions for Outer Rim Armory excluding Overlords  (Read 20973 times)

Offline Shadeslinger

• Master Force User
  • "I will consume your soul before this day is done"
Re: Outstanding transactions for Outer Rim Armory excluding Overlords
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2009, 08:49:35 AM »
Mid-month bump! No need to thank me...no, really, I'm just trying to do my small humble part in the communication process. :)

Anyway, I wonder if anybodies heard word on their own order out of the 75-90 ORA orders that are outstanding yet? If you're one, please feel free to share your experience! After all, ORA is part of the mighty Saber Guild where all manner of proven companies reside....of course, I don't remember an actual announcement on it being nominated or anything, but that's probably because I'm a lazy searcher. :-X

Besides, maybe the reason ya'll have heard nothing is because Tyranus is getting together some of those "extra special goodies" to pack in with certain lucky customers. Makes me kinda wish I actually cared about whatever it was I bought from him. It's like Wonkas golden tickets!! :)

-$5.00

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Great Sith Leader and Hero
  • Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2009, 12:01:18 PM »
You don't have a say in who joins the guild.  That is done by the powers that be.  There is no "nomination" period.

Know your role and slow your roll.  You have a right to be upset about one thing, but get your facts straight.

Offline Shadeslinger

• Master Force User
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2009, 12:20:47 PM »
Aw shucks, it was just an observation. :) Speaking of which, I read up on this:http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=6402.0
and found no mention of ORA, even though a caption from the thread says, and I quote, "All companies Listed are in process of being confirmed and such notice will be given upon confirmations." Could be it was overlooked, but hey, what does it matter anyway? I don't want to derail this thread that much.

....but if I was going to, I'd recommend a recindment in the future yes? ;)

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2009, 12:30:13 PM »
Shadeslinger ~ Obvious troll is OBVIOUS 1/10

....but if I was going to, I'd recommend a recindment in the future yes? Wink

The final tale has not been written, and it may not end as you foresee it.

BACK OT peeps. >:(

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline Darth_Pceptimus

• Force User
  • Don't Ever Judge Me!!!!
    • DP Customs
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2009, 04:48:53 AM »
Why is it i see new posts and think "Cool an update." Only to be disappointed and find its just off topic nonsense there are a lot of people waiting for sabers and parts i think actually getting what is owed is more important than getting constant forum updates notifying us of the same thing over and over. I am confident that things will be sorted at some point no matter how long it takes....

Regards
John

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
  • All things serve the Beam...
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2009, 10:43:58 AM »
Not everyone is as willing to wait an indefinite period of time for thngs together worked out. And not everyone has faith that it will get worked out, especially if it is just left to languish here without people constantly asking for updates. The communication has been less than confidence inspiring of late. People want the lines of communication open, and if that means they need to try to keep them open themselves, that's what they'll do. I don't see a problem with that. I think we need to be a vocal audience. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, so they say...
Honor the man who falls by the sword,
But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2009, 12:18:19 PM »
I wish there were info to share Reaver.  I wish Ultra would come on and give you more news.  I wish you had your saber.  I spoke with Yoda a couple of days ago and sadly there is no news to share.

I'm convinced that the second there is news you will be notified here.

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2009, 01:34:36 PM »
Don't get me wrong, Luke. I'm not saying there is info that isn't being shared. I was only saying that while there might not be any info, any communication at all is better than the radio blackout we're constantly faced with. It's the silent treatment that really gets to me and several others. It makes us feel ignored. Go long enough without decent communication, and we think we've been forgotten, or purposely left out in the cold. It happens far too often, especially recently.

Offline Shadeslinger

• Master Force User
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2009, 05:19:47 PM »
Bah, at this point who needs any more updates from DT? Personally I'd rather not hear the same spew we've been hearing for so long. ::) However, this particular thread deals more with straight ORA deals than Overlords so you can't really blame Ultra here.

But! For those that really need to hear an update, I might be able to give you your fix. :) *DISCLAIMER* The following is not, I repeat, NOT an official update. It should be viewed purely as a reasonable guesstimate and/or paraphrase. After all, I don't want to put words in anybody's mouth. ;)

~ahem~
I realize that things have been taking longer than I'd like, but I assure you I'm doing the best I can to get these out. It's just that lately it seems like..*blah blah blah blah blah*. However, I should be able to ship some stuff when I get the time to...*blah blah blah blah blah*. To those that have got stuck, er, I mean have stuck with me, I appreciate....*blah blah blah blah*. For those certain individuals (you KNOW who you are) *blah blah blah blah* [self edit] *blah blah blah blah* [your stupid worthless toys] *blah blah*. As far as the overlords go, Ultrasabers has been...*blah blah blah blah blah* and I'll update in the appropriate thread. Understand I'm not like Aladins genie with unlimited wishes at my disposal, these will get done whenever I get around to doing them. Period.
...*blah blah*.

Hope that helps!

-$5.00

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2009, 06:43:33 PM »
Bah, at this point who needs any more updates from DT? Personally I'd rather not hear the same spew we've been hearing for so long. ::) However, this particular thread deals more with straight ORA deals than Overlords so you can't really blame Ultra here.

But! For those that really need to hear an update, I might be able to give you your fix. :) *DISCLAIMER* The following is not, I repeat, NOT an official update. It should be viewed purely as a reasonable guesstimate and/or paraphrase. After all, I don't want to put words in anybody's mouth. ;)

~ahem~
I realize that things have been taking longer than I'd like, but I assure you I'm doing the best I can to get these out. It's just that lately it seems like..*blah blah blah blah blah*. However, I should be able to ship some stuff when I get the time to...*blah blah blah blah blah*. To those that have got stuck, er, I mean have stuck with me, I appreciate....*blah blah blah blah*. For those certain individuals (you KNOW who you are) *blah blah blah blah* [self edit] *blah blah blah blah* [your stupid worthless toys] *blah blah*. As far as the overlords go, Ultrasabers has been...*blah blah blah blah blah* and I'll update in the appropriate thread. Understand I'm not like Aladins genie with unlimited wishes at my disposal, these will get done whenever I get around to doing them. Period.
...*blah blah*.

Hope that helps!

-$5.00

LOL!

Offline Darth_Pceptimus

• Force User
  • Don't Ever Judge Me!!!!
    • DP Customs
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2009, 05:00:44 AM »
What annoys me is that i got my board and it was DOA so i posted in the ultrasabers section with my problem. An ultrasabers representative responded and told me to post it to him for repair, i was then told it would be best to send it for upgrade as this would fix the problem....

I while later no board no responce to any communication. after a while i got in touch with ultrasabers who told me i had to contact ORA (Like i had not bothered for the past year).

I think ultrasabers has a responsibility in this situation as i sent my board to one of there representatives NOT ORA I'm just a little annoyed that just like the MFX starkiller i'm supposed to accept the loss and lose more money i can't afford....

I am annoyed at the lack of communication and the lack of updates but i would rather get my board than have posts updating us every second of the day. someone please just tell me that my address has been noted and my FIXED US2.1 is on its way.........

Regards
John

Offline Andy Anonymous

• Master Force User
    • Andy Anonymous
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2009, 10:01:48 PM »
US2.1                                     Date paid                         Last communication                 Estimated delivery
LuxV green                              5/24/07                                  1/22/09                                 None given
UltraEdge blade
Install service
Custom switch

In January 2007 I purchased from Ultra the DIY kit for a LuxIII conversion on the Luke ROTJ saber. However, the kit was designed for the 2005 LED saber, whereas mine was the 2003 EL saber. Ultra offered to have me send the saber to him and perform the install himself, which he did and then he shipped the saber back to me.

However, the saber had problems which Ultra said were due to quirks of the EL sound board, so I shipped the hilt back to him for repair. Around this time the US1.0 had been announced for preorder, so I asked him about an upgrade to the US1.0 (to make moot my saber's board problems) and a green LuxV LED. He had already attempted to fix the EL board and shipped it back to me, but agreed to install the USB1.0 when it arrived, along with the LuxV. I paid for the new board and the LuxV, and shipped the saber (which was still having problems in any case) back to Ultra once again in May 2007.

In October the US1.0s were shipping at last, and Ultra informed me that my converted Luke ROTJ would ship during the second week of the month. I didn't hear anything more until January 2008, when Ultra shipped me back my saber with the LuxIII and an MR board installed. He told me they'd had problems installing the US1.0 in MR hilts and that I could get a refund for the LuxV and US or wait for US2.0 and send the saber back then. I elected the latter.

Time passed while the US2.0 was in development. In September 2008, when the board was finally supposed to be nearing release, I emailed Ultra about my saber. He informed me that Derek would be handling US2.0 installs for him. I emailed Derek and arranged to ship my saber to him in a month's time, when the board was supposed to be ready for install. We also discussed rigging a custom power switch for the Luke ROTJ to make the power on/off process less awkward; I offered to pay extra for this but Derek said there was no need. I shipped it to him in October, along with an UltraFX blade which I had ordered from Ultrasabers some months before which had arrived with damaged film installed, so that it could be exchanged for an undamaged one.

Months went by with no word, and in January 2009 I communicated with Derek again, to request that the replacement blade be an UltraEdge instead of the standard UltraFX. By this time the US2.1 upgrades had been announced, and I agreed to hold off on my saber so that Derek could get my board upgraded; I offered to pay the upgrade fee but Derek said it was on him. This was the last time I heard from Derek. The last emails I sent were in March, to inform him that my shipping address had changed, and in July to wish him well through all his hardships. And that is where things stand today: my Luke ROTJ saber is presumably at Derek's workshop where it has been since last October, and I don't know where "my" US board, which I have never actually had in my possession, is, or even if it has ever truly existed.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 10:23:17 PM by Andy Anonymous »

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2009, 11:00:58 AM »
If this delay's where already in the known that time, why did the Overlord install where pointed out to DT?
Is there ever been a saber installed by DT before this all started?
Was he ever capable of making sabers to begin with?
I honestly don't know.

Just before the Overlord install, I had ordered two UltraFX sabers and those where for me the first custom sabers ever, and I trusted him cause it seemed here on the forum that everyone knew him for being capable of doing that.
I don't knew DT for that long also because I was not interrested in costums before.
I was all into the MR saber reviews here.

So again, is there any proove that DT can solder and install sabers?
Did someone ever received a working saber from him?

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2009, 11:51:45 AM »
You guys are ridiculous.

Look in the Feedback threads and the TF to see DT's builds
DT's you tube page
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthMorbius1977

Ultras youtube page
http://www.youtube.com/user/UltraSWG

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline GMLumpy

• Master Pastor
  • Experienced Force User
  • Christian Jedi
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2009, 01:17:24 PM »
If this delay's where already in the known that time, why did the Overlord install where pointed out to DT?
Is there ever been a saber installed by DT before this all started?
Was he ever capable of making sabers to begin with?
I honestly don't know.

Just before the Overlord install, I had ordered two UltraFX sabers and those where for me the first custom sabers ever, and I trusted him cause it seemed here on the forum that everyone knew him for being capable of doing that.
I don't knew DT for that long also because I was not interrested in costums before.
I was all into the MR saber reviews here.

So again, is there any proove that DT can solder and install sabers?
Did someone ever received a working saber from him?

I will respond to you here since I have nothing to do with the overlords...
but yes I have electronics that were made by DT himself.  I 1st contacted Ultrasabers about a complete electronics package and they forwarded my message to DT.  he set me up with a Lux III blue with a buck puck and did all the sobering and everything for me.  i installed it into an MHS saber and it works great and looks great.  infact I have been thinking about entering that saber into the newest forums contest. 
May the Lord of the force be with you.

Being a Game Master means all your rolls are natural 20's

retrousse