fiduciary

Author Topic: CFX v10 blade color changing help  (Read 468 times)

Offline ViperR

• Padawan Learner
  • Hey all
CFX v10 blade color changing help
« on: May 28, 2023, 04:30:23 PM »
Hey Erv and others,
   When I want to perform a blaster block while swinging the blade or doing a force while hitting or swinging the blade using the AUX momentary switch, the blade color changes like I was twisting my wrist/hilt. Kind of annoying. I try not to rotate, but it happens more than I wish. I know it is a standard feature on the CFX. I still want to change blade colors, but need to have that procedure done by other methods. BTW, board is working fine now via Michael. Thanks Mike!
   Been through the manual and config file several times, bit can not locate a way to change it.
  Thanks!

Offline K-2SO

• Killer Droid Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Congratulations! You are being rescued.
Re: CFX v10 blade color changing help
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2023, 05:08:32 PM »
If you have a late version of firmware, you can change the blade color for any number of effects. They don’t have to be the same color for each effect IIRC.

I find your arguments vague and unconvincing.

Quiet! *Slap* And there’s a fresh one if you mouth off again.

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2023, 11:59:25 PM »
you are most likely triggering Spectrum and browsing / changing the profile on the way, you can :
- change your spectrum mode
- disable the spectrum triggering combo you don't want to use in special.txt (aux + twist) and keep only aux + act to access spectrum
- increase htwist to reduce the sensitivity to the twist motion when you spin and press aux at the same time

Offline ViperR

• Padawan Learner
  • Hey all
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2023, 08:31:31 AM »
Thanks Erv! htwist is set at 350 by default, so I'm going to increase the value. should I go all the way up to 1023 or lesser? I still want to be able to change colors that way.

Offline ViperR

• Padawan Learner
  • Hey all
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2023, 12:55:43 PM »
Alrighty then. I changed htwist value all the way to 1023 and that solved my issue. I really have to twist hard to change colors and my bblock via AUX while swinging is much more gentle, so I believe problem solved. Also, when I swing with for force WAV files (1,2,3,4,etc) it is also a bore gentle gesture.
Now, just have to change ignition speeds on a few sound fonts that are way to slow for me. Any tips? Thanks!

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2023, 10:22:59 PM »
That's quick on settings  in font_config.txt, in the font

Offline ViperR

• Padawan Learner
  • Hey all
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2023, 02:49:24 PM »
Got it thanks! I changed the value of qon from 0 to values of 50, 100 and 150 for the fonts I wanted faster ignitions. Some fonts I left at 0, like NEBULA, TIE and others because they are multi colored scrolling neo pixels.

Offline ViperR

• Padawan Learner
  • Hey all
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2023, 04:35:39 PM »
I was still getting random color changes on blaster/AUX/swing, swing/force and clash+AUX even with the htwist set at 1023, so I disabled it by changing the value to =0 so now I can change colors only by AUX+ACT. it is easy to change colors by activating both tactile switches since the switches are KR Duo Tactile both in one 12mm switch unit. Changing all my CFX hilts to this setting.

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2023, 02:55:56 AM »
you could preserve your twist motion and just disable the combo in special.txt if you want too. Seconded how close act+aux switch boxes can make that combo super easy

Offline ViperR

• Padawan Learner
  • Hey all
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2023, 01:52:34 PM »
It is super easy to use the AUX+ACT since this is the KR Dual Tactile switch I have installed on three sabers now. It works like a momentary rocker switch. one side activates a tactile for AUX and the other side does the same for ACT. If I press in the center, both will activate and color will change to the next one on the list. Only drawback is it will only go forward to each color, but no way of reversing like with twist. That is ok because I would rather have that instead.

retrousse