fiduciary

Author Topic: Luke Skywalker TESB Force FX (2004) Review and Pics  (Read 45508 times)

Offline rob

• Experienced Force User
  • What Would Porkins Do?
Re: Luke Skywalker TESB Force FX (2004) Review and Pics
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2005, 10:43:20 AM »
The Anakin was the first saber that I bought.  I didn't plan on buying a Luke ESB until I saw my brother's close up.  I sold my Anakin the next day on eBay and ordered a Luke ESB.  This hilt really makes the Anakin look cheap and plasticy.

Offline todd4566

• Force User
  • I'm thinking.
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2005, 11:18:18 AM »
Hello everyone, this is my 1st post here.   :)

Bandit-Jedi, I read your post about not buying the new Anakin Fx.  I have now owned every Fx saber made with the exception of the Mace (sorry guys, I dislike the hilt and lack of actual purple LEDs), the the ROTS Anakin is one of my favorites.  I greatly prefer the ROTS Anakin Fx to the TESB Luke.  The Luke has an issue with the hum loop, where you can here the break in sound; the hilt larger than the Anakin, and the overall sound quality is the worst I've heard yet.  When I picked up the ROTS Anakin, it was a GREAT improvement over the luke.  I do have a few complaints about the Anakin though: the end "looping clip" piece that protrudes through the hilt on the Luke is functional (as in it truly loops around the blade and comes together at the top of the hilt), whereas the Anakin piece is clearly not.  Not a big deal, but something worth noting.
My collection:
2002 Anakin AOTC
2003 Vader ANH  **Sold**
2004 Luke ESB  **Sold**
2005 Anakin ROTS **Sold**
2005 Vader ESB **Sold**
2005 Luke ROTJ **Sold**
2006 Maul TPM
Custom 5w Luxeon (Green/Royal Blue)
2006 Obi-Wan ROTS  **Sold**
2007 Yoda
2007 Luke ANH
2008 Obi-Wan TPM
2010 Anakin ROTS (Removeable Blade)

Offline rob

• Experienced Force User
  • What Would Porkins Do?
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2005, 11:27:05 AM »
Welcome to the forum!

The Anakin definitley does have superior sound.  I just can't get over that overall plasticy look which seems to be most evident in that end piece that your talking about and the grey plastic piece that wraps around the middle.  I guess it is a matter of taste.  I prefer the overall realistic look of the brushed steel. 

Offline todd4566

• Force User
  • I'm thinking.
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2005, 01:08:05 PM »
Good points.. I do agree and wish that the anakin hilt had the same overall quality, but the superior blade color (IMO) and near-perfect sound sold me.  Also, the Luke hilt is bulkier and heavier.   :o  I'm over-anxious to see what improvements the new Obi-Wan FX will have; I still don't get why there hasn't been an EPI Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon though.   :(
My collection:
2002 Anakin AOTC
2003 Vader ANH  **Sold**
2004 Luke ESB  **Sold**
2005 Anakin ROTS **Sold**
2005 Vader ESB **Sold**
2005 Luke ROTJ **Sold**
2006 Maul TPM
Custom 5w Luxeon (Green/Royal Blue)
2006 Obi-Wan ROTS  **Sold**
2007 Yoda
2007 Luke ANH
2008 Obi-Wan TPM
2010 Anakin ROTS (Removeable Blade)

Offline trexy

• General of the Old Republic
  • Master Force User
  • At last we will have revenge!
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2005, 01:31:58 PM »
i think it is a MUST that MR  does the wui-gon ep1 or the obi ep1 ,
there has been a VERY HIGH demand on those, a lot of people want to see those as fx's

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• Formerly known as Bandit-Jedi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have a way with...the Force.
    • My other love...2002 Trans Am Collector Edition
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2005, 09:00:28 AM »
Welcome to the Forums

I can understand the points about the sound on the Anakin since it is a newer model, but like rob its tough to get past the Plastic look and feel to the whole saber.  I don't like how light it is either..  The 6-battery models have more of a realistic feel to them whereas the Anakin (and even the Vader TESB) feel like a Hasbro saber in some sense.   A lightsaber is a nice hunk of metal and it should feel as such.  I will probably get an Anakin, but I won't pay full price for it cause there are so many out there and to me its just a pretender-to-the-throne compared to the Luke.

May The Force FX Be With You!

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2005, 01:57:48 PM »
Once again you have doned it, excellent review, one of the best. Luke ESB is one the most if not the most beautiful force fx lightsabers out there. 

Offline Mace101

• Padawan Learner
  • I am your master, Mace Windu.
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2005, 02:35:29 PM »
Good points.. I do agree and wish that the anakin hilt had the same overall quality, but the superior blade color (IMO) and near-perfect sound sold me.  Also, the Luke hilt is bulkier and heavier.   :o  I'm over-anxious to see what improvements the new Obi-Wan FX will have; I still don't get why there hasn't been an EPI Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon though.   :(

Sorry, that's incorrect. The blade brightness is the same, but Luke's color is better.
"In the name of the Galactic Republic of the Senate, You are under arrest."- Mace Windu, Episode 3.

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• Formerly known as Bandit-Jedi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have a way with...the Force.
    • My other love...2002 Trans Am Collector Edition
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2005, 03:02:19 PM »
Well, he did say "IMO - In My Opinion" so to him the blade does look better.  From what I remember when MR described the differences in the blade they said the Luke was a pure sky blue as opposed to the Cobalt Blue of the Anakin.   Not one is brighter than the other in reality, just two shades of blue which causes one to seem brighter.

May The Force FX Be With You!

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2005, 03:03:06 PM »
Yes the brightness is quite the same, the colors between Anakin ROTS and Luke ESB are just different kind of blues. Anakin's a bit more darker blue.

Offline Mace101

• Padawan Learner
  • I am your master, Mace Windu.
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2005, 04:05:44 PM »
Well, in Star Wars, isn't a blue blade usually lighter?
"In the name of the Galactic Republic of the Senate, You are under arrest."- Mace Windu, Episode 3.

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2005, 04:16:06 PM »
I think it is. I dont really remember darker shade of blue lightsaber in the movies, but I can't recall for sure...

Offline darthmaddy

• formerly known as Darth Malak
  • Master Force User
  • BATMAUL
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2005, 08:51:23 PM »
Anakin- does the D-ring on the bottom attached with rivets or hex bolts?  Like to know if its removable(not sure if it'll fit on my saber stand).  Thanks for the review, too.  Made me want to get one of these.
I'm not wearing hockey pads.

Offline skizzoid

• Formerly known as skizzoid
  • Master Force User
  • At last, we shall reveal ourselves to the Jedi...
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2005, 09:59:21 PM »
darthmaddy, the D-ring at the bottom is attached with rivets.  You could probably pry it off, but it might get ugly.
Master Replicas Force FX Collection:
2004 Mace AOTC
2004 Luke ESB (in pieces)
2004 Luke ESB
2005 Luke ROTJ
2005 Mace ROTS

Offline rob

• Experienced Force User
  • What Would Porkins Do?
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2005, 10:07:26 PM »
Sorry, that's incorrect. The blade brightness is the same, but Luke's color is better.

I agree, the Luke color is better.  The Anakin ROTS was the first saber that I owned and I always felt that the blue was to dark.  When I got the Luke ESB I was surprised to see how much lighter the color was, much more screen accurate.

retrousse