fiduciary

Author Topic: MR 2002 Yoda AOTC Limited Edition Replica  (Read 21081 times)

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• Formerly known as Bandit-Jedi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have a way with...the Force.
    • My other love...2002 Trans Am Collector Edition
MR 2002 Yoda AOTC Limited Edition Replica
« on: March 08, 2006, 05:17:42 PM »
"May the Force Be With You"
-Yoda to Obi-Wan Kenobi, Star Wars: Attack of the Clones

Yoda Lightsaber from Episode II: Attack of the Clones

The very first Yoda Lightsaber seen onscreen in a Star Wars movie

Limited Edition Lightsaber replica Number 193 of 2500 produced worldwide.

The design for Yoda's lightsaber as featrued in Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones comes from an unexpected source. Master Replicas' VP of Product Development, Steve Dymszo, originally produced the lightsaber, and his model appears in the Episode I Visual Dictionary. Eventually, that design was adapted by Lucasfilm and used in Attack of the Clones. It is interesting to note that no physical lightsaber prop was ever produced for filming because the Yoda character and his lightsaber were both completely computer generated for the first time ever in a Star Wars movie.

The original Yoda lightsaber model was made from an old flashgun. The black emitter was a wheel from a 1/16 scale sprts car model and the control box was an oil pan from a 1/12 scale sports car kit. To create the grips, machined-metal master patterns were first produced. Resin castings were then pulled from molds taken from these patterns. The small silver control switch on the top of the lightsaber was a PEM nut. The center black band was originally the top of the flashgun. Later, it was relocated to the center of the lightsaber to better fit the overall design.

Upon reviewing the original design for use in the film, the Lucasfilm designers felt that the movie lightsaber should be slightly longer so that it would be more visible on-screen. Therefore, the design was stretched to about one inch longer. Some of the minor details on the flashgun were also eliminated, as they wouldn't be seen in the film anyway. The detailing on the 1/16 scale wheel was also eliminated and the film prop's emitter shroud was also enlarged. Two LED's and a second, smaller control box detail were also added to complete the design.

Item #: SW-104
Suggested Retail Price: $249.00
Release Date:  April 23, 2002
Dimensions (6.7"L X 1.65"H X 1.15"W) and weight (approx. 1lb) are to scale for the original prop.
A museum quality walnut and acrylic display case is included with purchase of the replica.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 06:10:44 PM by Anakin Skywalker »

May The Force FX Be With You!

Offline ani104

• Master Force User
Re: MR 2002 Yoda AOTC Limited Edition Replica
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 06:26:58 PM »
A nice saber this is  ;)

I wish LE's were still $250  :(

Offline Dark Skywalker

• formerly known as Dark Skywalker
  • Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 06:31:30 PM »
Geez, nice pics once again. You should show a comparison of size between an normal LE and the Yoda.

Nothing Is Impossible

Offline AAYLA SECURA

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 06:46:02 PM »
Wow, even the PT lightsabers have interesting stories about their origins.  :D  I was under the impression that they were all just being designed and built... it's so cool to know that this isn't the case.  :)

It does look really nice. I just got the mini in the mail today... glad to know how the design came about now.  :)
Hasbro Signature Series
Luke Skywalker ANH with Removable Blade
Obi-Wan Kenobi ROTS with Removable Blade
Darth Maul TPM with Removable Blade
Kit Fisto AOTC with Removable Blade
Luke Skywalker ROTJ

Offline Bandit-Jedi

• Formerly known as Bandit-Jedi
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I have a way with...the Force.
    • My other love...2002 Trans Am Collector Edition
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 06:59:22 PM »
Geez, nice pics once again. You should show a comparison of size between an normal LE and the Yoda.
I'll have to do that, thanks for the idea. 

Wow, even the PT lightsabers have interesting stories about their origins.  :D  I was under the impression that they were all just being designed and built... it's so cool to know that this isn't the case.  :)

It does look really nice. I just got the mini in the mail today... glad to know how the design came about now.  :)

Congrats on gettin the mini.  It is definitely a special replica considering it was made by MR for Lucasfilm and then used in the movie.  Too cool.

May The Force FX Be With You!

Offline Dark Skywalker

• Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 07:03:50 PM »
I'll have to do that, thanks for the idea. 

Can't wait for those pics. ;)

Nothing Is Impossible

xwingband

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 07:35:05 PM »
They know all the parts it just sucks that they didn't bother to replicate them correctly. :-\  A lot of details are off.  I have a bolsey (right handed version of a praco) just sitting around, but those car parts are hard to find.

Offline Dark Skywalker

• Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006, 07:39:30 PM »
I don't really get what you're saying.

Nothing Is Impossible

Offline benlurkin

• Master Force User
  • aka benlurkin
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2006, 08:51:15 PM »
Xwingband is making his own Yoda saber from the flashgun, but not all of the parts as used (I assume in the digital Yoda saber) are exactly the same as how they look on the saber.

xwingband

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2006, 08:55:30 PM »
Yup, I guess that's how MR can say it's an AOTC saber because the only "real" yoda saber was the one created for the EP1 Visual dictionary.  Allows them the liberties in the design.

Offline benlurkin

• Master Force User
  • aka benlurkin
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2006, 09:04:35 PM »
It could just be that difference between the real prop and the digital version, but I think the idea of an EP1 Yoda saber is just as interesting as the LE, more unique really.  Though it does bring back memories of those jokes that any ROTS studio scale ship from MR would come on a disc. :D

Offline jack3auer

• Do or Do Not there is No Try
  • Master Force User
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2006, 12:35:40 AM »
It could just be that difference between the real prop and the digital version, but I think the idea of an EP1 Yoda saber is just as interesting as the LE, more unique really.  Though it does bring back memories of those jokes that any ROTS studio scale ship from MR would come on a disc. :D
:D
thats a good one i had not heard it before.

i like that look of the yoda saber, it looks functional.  i am surprised they did not give his a more "otherwordly look" like sidious's though.

Offline ani104

• Master Force User
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2006, 01:02:40 AM »
It might have been because hus saber was about 600 years old. :)

Offline Knuckle01

• formerly known as Jedi Master Knuckle
  • Master Force User
  • I am a Jedi, like my father before me...
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2006, 09:18:35 AM »
lol little saber packs quite a punch!
The Force will be with you....always.

Offline ani104

• Master Force User
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2006, 09:36:45 PM »
lol little saber packs quite a punch!

Just like its wielder  :D.

retrousse