fiduciary

Author Topic: shipping lithium ion batteries  (Read 1170 times)

Offline garymorris2

• Mining Colony Members
  • Experienced Force User
  • grey jedi
shipping lithium ion batteries
« on: February 01, 2016, 06:39:07 PM »
Hello everyone  :smiley: I was looking around the web about shipping lithium ion batteries (in the saber) and it says that USPS is shipping LI-ion batteries again, does anyone know if this is true or if there is a way to ship li-ion batteries (in a saber)overseas?

thanks,
Gary

Offline sgcdialler

• No Force
  • The truth depends upon our point of view.
Re: shipping lithium ion batteries
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 06:54:22 PM »
AFAIK USPS never had a problem with shipping Li-Ion batteries as long as they were "part of a product" (meaning pre-installed). That being said, the package has to be clearly marked with the appropriate labeling. Each shipping service has its own policy section on their websites--check there first. And when in doubt, call an office and ask.

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2016, 08:34:01 PM »
AFAIK USPS never had a problem with shipping Li-Ion batteries as long as they were "part of a product" (meaning pre-installed). That being said, the package has to be clearly marked with the appropriate labeling. Each shipping service has its own policy section on their websites--check there first. And when in doubt, call an office and ask.
It actually was illegal a few years ago....we discussed it in this topic here: USPS and lithium batteries

Offline bombarta

• Master Force User
  • Impressive..... most Impressive!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2016, 11:25:35 PM »
FedEx is the only way i can ship a saber out of the uk with batteries fitted now unless i lie about the contents, they are the only ones who will take them now (probably somthing to do with them owning their own aeroplanes and the fact they pay to clear customs instead of waiting for the recipient to pay the fee ) no other companies don't offer this.
I don't know, i gotta bad feeling about this!

Offline anakin2000

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 01:13:31 PM »
I have shipped multiple sabers overseas all with batteries included. I always put on the package what they were but none of them ever got confiscated despite the techical illegality of it. Guess I'm just lucky or something

Offline escobar

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 02:26:56 AM »
I have shipped multiple sabers overseas all with batteries included. I always put on the package what they were but none of them ever got confiscated despite the techical illegality of it. Guess I'm just lucky or something

I guess the people checking just couldn't be bothered with the extra paper work lol.

I hope that UPS don't confiscate mine.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 05:00:00 AM by escobar »

Offline garymorris2

• Mining Colony Members
  • Experienced Force User
  • grey jedi
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 04:14:46 PM »

I found this

http://www.shipwire.com/w/blog/usps-to-resume-international-shipping-of-lithium-batteries/

The United States Postal Service has announced that starting November 15th, they will once again be accepting international shipments of products containing Lithium batteries. Earlier this year, USPS banned Lithium battery shipments to all international destinations as they posed a fire hazard when improperly packaged. This information is especially important for merchants hoping to send electronic products internationally. International USPS shipping many international destinations and also Army (APO), Fleet (FPO) and Diplomatic Post Office (DPO) locations.

USPS has provided a list of acceptable products that now qualify for international shipping. These products include but are not limited to: cameras, video cameras, mobile/smart phones, Bluetooth headsets, laptop computers, shavers, portable DVD players, tablets, two-way radios, GPS devices and most other small electronic devices requiring lithium batteries to operate.

It is important to note that some Lithium battery-powered products still do not qualify for international shipping. To qualify, products must adhere to IMM and DMM guidelines and must have their Lithium batteries installed in the product they are intended to power. Domestic fulfillment of Lithium battery-powered products will see no change in restrictions or regulations.

Shipwire is committed to ensuring that your order fulfillment and shipping run smoothly this holiday season so please be sure to properly identify which of your products use Lithium batteries. Make sure you follow USPS guidelines if you use Shipwire for USPS international shipping.

retrousse