fiduciary

Author Topic: Chassis Design with Proffieboard  (Read 602 times)

Offline petriomelony

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Chassis Design with Proffieboard
« on: August 25, 2020, 01:13:18 PM »
Hi all,

Been working on a 3D model of a chassis for my graflex replica.  Does anyone have advice for how to hold a Proffieboard in place?  I don't want it jiggling around while swinging the saber.

I was thinking some sort of slot to slide it into, or a cutout section with a cover, held in place by the hilt (or I can try to figure out how to model a snap fit, perhaps).

Tried to post a picture of my work in progress but I can't post external links apparently.

Would love some input :)

Thanks!

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
Re: Chassis Design with Proffieboard
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 12:22:13 AM »
I usually use a snug slot with just enough of a lip to hold things. Use a small file of necessary to fine tune the fit.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 09:51:10 AM by jbkuma »

Offline petriomelony

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 08:50:45 AM »
Thanks for the help!  Also thanks to Kolgrima and his work on the open chassis system, which I used as inspiration.

newbielink:https://ibb.co/2KZd1w9 [nonactive]

I made an adapter for my chassis to accept an aviation connector, as my old blade holder was designed by TCSS for a Luxeon Rebel heatsink base.  Countersunk some holes for those screws, and going to print some fins for a crystal chamber also.  Oh I forgot I need to add a spot for accent LEDs.... hmm.

On the right is the speaker holder, proffie/battery holder, and recharge port / kill switch sections.  I designed it for a keystone 1042P holder, and extended the section / door to match the length.

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2020, 09:52:06 AM »
Nice! I am a big fan of of aviation connectors!

retrousse