fiduciary

Author Topic: FINALLY! Overlord Mega Update!  (Read 46641 times)

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
Re: FINALLY! Overlord Mega Update!
« Reply #195 on: August 21, 2009, 12:10:38 PM »
Sadly tobu you know as much as we all do.  This thread is the update thread and as you can read there is no update.  :'(

Offline Shadeslinger

• Master Force User
  • "I will consume your soul before this day is done"
« Reply #196 on: August 21, 2009, 01:22:04 PM »
Luke is correct tobu. I believe if you read this thread you will pretty much get a grasp on the status of your saber. You might have to use some deductive reasoning though. ::)

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
  • All things serve the Beam...
« Reply #197 on: August 21, 2009, 01:23:25 PM »
Just curious, as ORA seems to be defunct, and this is now an Ultrasabers problem, maybe we should move this particular thread back into the US category? All of the ORA threads dealing with US products, I'd think. That's where they should be, and maybe Ultra might be inclined to pop in every now and then if he saw how many people constantly check and reply on this thread alone...
Honor the man who falls by the sword,
But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
« Reply #198 on: August 22, 2009, 03:07:17 AM »
I agrea.
We need a Moderator for that.
Anyone?

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #199 on: August 22, 2009, 04:10:48 AM »
For now Master Yoda wishes to keep the status quo.   ORA will continue to remain.  I can't go into all the details but Yoda is correct and wise in his reasoning.

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #200 on: August 24, 2009, 10:11:02 AM »
No offence to master yoda or yourself, but the "status quo" hereis no responses, no action, no updates, from DT or Ultra. It is obvious that no one sees this situation as something that needs to take priority. It is obvious that we, the customers, and people who paid in advance for goods and services, are being ignored. I have serious doubts that anything will ever get done.

So I suggest that we impliment our own plans. If Ultra/DT (yes, I lump them together now, as they are both equally responsible for the current situation) are unable or unwilling to make thing right, we ask for refunds. Total, start-to-finish refunds. This means on the sabers, the soundboards, and install/shipping fees. These are all ultimately Ultra's responsibility, as ORA was contracted by US to do the installs and assembly. Refunds can be done almost instantly through paypal, so there should be no great delay.

If we are met with resistance and/or more silence, then we start exploring other options to recoup our losses. Truth be told, I'm already looking into a few, but it's tough when I don't know how many people and how much money we're talking about.

What say you, fellow neglected and ignored overlord purchasers? Am I the only one ready to stand up and say enough?

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
« Reply #201 on: August 24, 2009, 11:13:58 AM »
What I want to know,...

Before the Overlords, there seem to be Bane sabers in the order and even more.
I only found out two months ago when people are writing that they where waiting much longer than we are.
If this delay's where already in the known before the Overlords, why did the Overlord install where pointed out to DT?
Is there ever been a saber installed by DT before this whole issue started?
Was he ever capable of making sabers to begin with?
I honestly don't know.

Just before the Overlord install, I had ordered two UltraFX sabers and those where for me the first custom sabers ever, and I trusted him cause Ultra pointed him out and it seemed that everyone knew him for being capable of doing that.
I only knew DT for his comments he made on my Ultra-saber-review and some reply's he made.
Before that I didn't know him that well cause I was not interrested in costums before.
I was all into the MR saber reviews here.
When MR loosed their licence, I did not come here for almost a year.
Now I'm all into the custom sabers.

So again, is there any proove that DT can solder and install sabers?
Did someone ever received a working saber from him?
I really hope so, otherwise this is a big blunder.
Also for me, for being a blind believer.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 11:22:07 AM by Darth Matth »

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #202 on: August 24, 2009, 11:35:53 AM »
You know, Matth, I honestly can't answer that. He has a lot of knowledge, and good info on electronics, LEDs, power consumption, etc., so I assume he knows his stuff. But have I ever received anything from him? no. To assume hejaz never done it, when so many people supported/recommended him, well, that would imply a conspiracy...

Did everyone know beforehand? Was all of this a grand scheme to get thousands of dollars out of unwary customers? Has anyone ever met Ultra or Derek? Are they the same person? I can't answer any of those questions. Could there be a huge deception goin on? Absolutely. Could anyone prove that it is or isn't? Not that I can see.

The fact that we are even discussing it is an indicator of how bad this has become. And how much worse it will get.

Offline JANGO FETT

• Owner of Kilsythe Customs
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #203 on: August 24, 2009, 11:51:06 AM »
You guys are ridiculous.

Look in the Feedback threads and the TF to see DT's builds
DT's you tube page
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthMorbius1977

Ultras youtube page
http://www.youtube.com/user/UltraSWG

Council notified-reopened.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 12:05:55 PM by JANGO FETT »

Have you heard the tragedy of Mark Hamill the Wise?

My thoughts and prayers to the padawans of Coruscant - Master Jeselnik

Offline QUI-GON JINN

• Also known as Jay-gon Jinn!
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Your focus determines your reality
« Reply #204 on: August 24, 2009, 12:07:11 PM »
You guys need to get a grip here....of course DT knows how to solder and construct lightsabers.  Also,  you are not the only people awaiting merchandise....a few of us Moderators are as well.  If Yoda has his reasons for leaving ORA on the forums,  then that's all we need to know.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 12:09:16 PM by QUI-GON JINN »

Offline Master Jedye

• The Master of the School for the Dremel-Fu Gifted
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Master Jedye
    • Gemini Concepts
« Reply #205 on: August 24, 2009, 12:10:07 PM »
As far as DT and Ultra being the same person.... no.  They are not.  I've spoken to DT.  and you can still see Ultra's videos on Youtube.  They are NOT the same person.

While the situation has been horribly handled, to say it's a conspiracy is a bit a reach.   :-\

First place winner in the 19 BBY \"Mustafar LavaRock Belly Crawl\"

Offline Reaver

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #206 on: August 24, 2009, 12:23:56 PM »
I didn't say it was a conspiracy, or that I personally thought they were the same person. I was using the illustration to mark the similarities in how we're being treated by both sides, as far as no communication, no action, no seeming concern with putting things right. I said that to assume he hadn't done any work himself would be to imply a conspiracy, not that there was one.

Offline CybKnight

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #207 on: August 24, 2009, 12:49:43 PM »
No offense, but can people stop posting their rants here.
I have put notify on this thread to keep up-to-date on the topic, and better things to do than read all off these paranoid ramblings...
This was supposed to be a news/ update thread...

Thank you.
CybKnight - Saber fanatic
---------------------------------------------------------
--=Sabers=--
---------------------------
AwesomeSauce X11000 #17 & 18
VV Starkiller run 2 #17
SC/VV Qui-gon TPM
Orbital Machining Obi TPM #3
Yoda's Graflex V 2010 version
Yoda's Obi Wan TPM Negotiator #2
Yoda's Qui Gon TPM Ambassador #1
JSS Starkiller
Many, many MR sabers.
Multiple MHS parts and hilts for future projects.

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #208 on: August 24, 2009, 01:17:27 PM »
I have to agree with Cybnight...I see there are new posts here and open it hoping for an update but all I see is 'venting' [polite term for it].

Which I can understand since this situation is frustrating [It is to me and other patient customers and I bet it's frustrating to mods here, Master Yoda, Ultra, I'd guess even DT] but the venting is NOT an update...it doesn't HELP anything for people to in effect come here and post "I'm still frustrated" - we ALL are.

There IS a 'vent' thread elsewhere...though maybe mods would rather this matter be 'vented' here - I don't know - but this thread isn't an UPDATE thread anymore and I kinda wish it were.

Or that a real update-only thread were created because the way this thread is now is ADDING to the frustration not ameliorating it.

'Conspiracy theories' are certainly not updates nor are they HELPFUL in any way...can we ask if our post is that before posting maybe? hmmm

Just my $0.02 and now I go back to hopeful patience waiting for REAL updates, trusting the many good folk here will find a solution in time.
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
« Reply #209 on: August 24, 2009, 02:04:44 PM »
Yes I'm very sorry.
It's because members are writing about sabers for more than two years ago, so I wanted to know.
Indeed I forgot he was using the name Darth Morbius before.
Sorry, my mistake.
In that case the illness explains a lot.
Only the fact that he doesn't ship the finished stated sabers.
That is very strange.
I cannot understand that, cause that is the thing most people are angry and suspicious.

You can take my last post and everything that came from that away if you please.
Don't want to make things more worse.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 10:55:19 PM by Darth Matth »

retrousse