fiduciary

Author Topic: Finally I've got mine, but it's no winner.  (Read 11079 times)

Offline Andy Anonymous

• Master Force User
    • Andy Anonymous
Re: Finally I've got mine, but it's no winner.
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2007, 07:06:31 PM »
It's thicker than a Graflex hilt, though.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to your side by side comparison to see if there really is a difference.

I have one coming on preorder from MR, and another one that I recieved in June. 
(I bought one for me, and one for my son)
I'll compare them side-by-side when I get the second one.  it hasn't shipped yet. 

from my impressions of the one I got in June, the shell is definitely "real" aluminum.
but its pretty thin,  and aluminum is really lightweight to begin with.     *shrug*

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2007, 10:25:14 AM »
I could not believe this.
I just took the Luke ANH out of the box again.
And yes, I believe it's an aluminium hilt too.
But when it gets warm it feels plastic like.
The creacky sound doesn't help with that either.
It only makes it look like plastic even more.

My English is not that good.
The battery bottom cap, is called pommel, right?

Now, that thing was hard to get in and out, but I took it out and sprayed a tiny bit of oil-spray on it, that you can use for your door-keyhole.
I cleaned it with a piece of toiletpaper, and now it goes in and out verry easy.
I watched the hilt again for details.
The buttons are verry big compared to my Anakin hilt buttons.
I don't know if that's graflex-true.
The details are verry good do.

The creacky sound, I try to fix that with a black piece of paper around the hilt and the rabbit ear-ring.
Because, when I can fix that, than the comparison between Luke and Ani is much real.
When this will work, you'll hear from me later.

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

Son of Sebulaba

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2007, 02:06:48 PM »
Hi,

I'm new here and I would just like to add my 2 cents about the Luke ANH and ask an opinion. I bought mine last month directly from the MR site. I guess again I am one of the lucky ones with no creeks and a mostly metal(aluminum) build. its light which I prefer and great for spinning. Because it is light it does feel like you might break it. I could only assume it would feel alot more solid if they used a heavier based metal. I am a new saber enthusiast so maybe I see things differently. It is not as loud as the Ani but I also have an ultra converted OBI and its louder than that one or  a different pitch. I'm thinkin of giving this one or the ANI to my brother as a xmas gift. All this debate is confusing me as I would like to keep the more SOLID one. He would just think it was cool and not care which one he got either way. I know, that sounds wrong but I'm going to be a selfish giver on this one. If ultrasabers did a great conversion for the luke that might sway my decision. What do you all think I should do?

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2007, 02:47:14 PM »
You already had an Ani,...
I'd say buy a Yoda, that one is so bright and loud that it will blow your eyes out, and explode your ears, hahaha.
Ohhh, sorry you didn't mean that I think.

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2007, 12:00:58 AM »
Hi,

I'm new here and I would just like to add my 2 cents about the Luke ANH and ask an opinion. I bought mine last month directly from the MR site. I guess again I am one of the lucky ones with no creeks and a mostly metal(aluminum) build. its light which I prefer and great for spinning. Because it is light it does feel like you might break it. I could only assume it would feel alot more solid if they used a heavier based metal. I am a new saber enthusiast so maybe I see things differently. It is not as loud as the Ani but I also have an ultra converted OBI and its louder than that one or  a different pitch. I'm thinkin of giving this one or the ANI to my brother as a xmas gift. All this debate is confusing me as I would like to keep the more SOLID one. He would just think it was cool and not care which one he got either way. I know, that sounds wrong but I'm going to be a selfish giver on this one. If ultrasabers did a great conversion for the luke that might sway my decision. What do you all think I should do?

Welcome to the forums Son of Sebulba. :)

The sound on the Luke ANH is actually louder than it seems. This is due to the D-ring mount taking up space that would normally be utilized as sound escape area, but FX's are known to have issues with sound across many Versions of the same model. No two sound exactly alike, much like crystals all have their own unique structure.

Personally, a Luke ANH Ultra FX is MOST tempting, just to see if it resolves some of the issues with the blade.

Your choice of which saber you give as a gift to your sibling is quite subjective. To quote Obi-Wan Kenobi: "You must do what you feel is right, of course."  It really boils down to your tastes in what you consider the ultimate saber design.

Each has their own benefits and flaws, and it is up to you to decide your course of action in this matter. I can relate to your dilema though. Myself... I'd keep the ANH...

I know that I was harsh on it at first, but it's actually starting to grow on me the more I mess with it. Sadly It must go to a new home, to a new master.

I WILL buy another though, just to complete the Skywalker line of my collection. Be it stock or Ultra FX (most likely BOTH in my case).

Offline Darthmischief

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2007, 02:05:40 AM »
Lord Tyranus

Think this could be decent as an Ultra Conversion do you? Hmnnn. Seen it in person I have not....

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2007, 02:46:42 AM »
They will soon be up on ebay... ;)

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2007, 07:07:56 AM »
At the very least, an Ultra Luke ANH will certainly LOOK much better - since Sun Rider's Destiny will actually be a color option for it.  I actually like this FX the way it is now, but the Ultra version will pack a WHOLE LOT MORE PUNCH.  ;)

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2007, 02:19:55 PM »
What is Sunrider Destiny?
Where can I read about this?
Do you have a link?
Is Lexeon 5W the brightest Led for now?

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2007, 04:01:38 PM »
What is Sunrider Destiny?
Where can I read about this?
Do you have a link?
Is Lexeon 5W the brightest Led for now?

Sun Rider's Destiny is one of the colors available from Ultra - (from Yoda too  ;)). 

Its color is Cyan, which is the color of Luke's lightsaber in ANH.  Check out any Ultra listing on ebay and you'll see all the saber colors available.  SRD is one of them.

And I do believe Lux V is the brightest LED that's available now (excluding the hyper system which I think is even brighter)

Keep in mind, however, that standard Ultra conversions are not available in Lux V - as MR FXs don't have enough power to run a
5 watt LED.  :)

For now, the Lux V system is limited to the realm of custom sabers.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 04:04:12 PM by Jedimoves »

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2007, 03:01:16 AM »
I'm getting the Vintage Graflex Luke ESB with the Ultra-board (or the Plecter-board, I'm not sure yet)so the Lux V would be no problem.
I'm happy to hear that the ESB is the brightest.
I only hope because of the bigger batterypack that is needed, the speaker can be big enough for a loud saber.
I like it to be a bit shocking when I turn the saber On.
The sound have to be clear do, not 8-bit sample-like.

I don't know how the sample-quallity is of the Ultra-board compared to the plecter (wich is using 16-bit samples)
I have to read all the topics for it, and XXXX that's a lot of reading that I have to do.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 03:05:11 AM by Darth Matth »

retrousse