fiduciary

Author Topic: Crystal Focus Saber Core V2  (Read 50422 times)

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
Re: Crystal Focus Saber Core V2
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2007, 03:12:20 AM »
V2 is out !
except that some thieves robbed everything ! First little batch was sold in a bout 12 hours, spread on various time zones   ;)
I'll assemble more today,
check the website by the end of the day !

BtW, making some audio test on my V2, I discovered that the latency between motion and sounds is... EVEN BETTER THAN V1 !  :o
Got an average of 30-35 ms on clashes. Means that I DIVIDED by 2 the latency compared to V1. Not to say that this works as well for Omnisabers, since it's based on the CF board  :D
Motion detection has never been so fast on this board !

Erv'

Offline Sandstrom

• Force User
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2007, 03:38:37 AM »
yeaaahh....I can't wait to have it in my hands Erv'!!!!  :o  ;D

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2007, 04:08:33 AM »
Soon I will get to see Kit Fisto's Saber at C4 so I hope it represents some of the latest technology as well.

Maybe point out the few things that are different if any ;)

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2007, 04:53:51 AM »
Good point Yoda, right moment to sup up the differences :

Kit fisto saber :
- Crystal Focus V1
- 8 bits sounds / single sound bank / 8 swing sounds / 8 clash sounds / power on-off sounds / hum / blaster / lockup
- low battery LED
- force feedback rumbling motor

V2 major addons:
- 16 bit sounds. Clearer. More "accurate" sounds. No background quantification noise (well, hard to hear it anyway when the hum was played, on V1).
- 4 differents selectable sound bank. Each one can be of course populated with the sounds you like. Each bank has a sound to describe it so that you can difference them when browsing the banks. Vocals like "dark side sounds" etc.
- boot sound. The default one says "yes my master". My next hilt will have a little electronic sound used to symbolize an holocron. Found that one in a famous video game (JA).
- Individual configuration file PER bank. Not only with the selected bank the saber will sound in a particular way, but will behave differently as well, depending on the configuration file settings.
- bargraph and blinking LEDs sequence. Additionnal config file to setup the sequencer. Individual LED sequence config file per sound bank. Tons of possibilities from static patterns to random patterns with K2000 effects right in the middle  ;)
- improved responseness between motion / sounds. Divided by 2 the latency. Only 30 ms for a clash.
- FORCE PUSH effect ! (YES !)
- dynamic pitch shifting on swing sounds
- orientation of the blade can control pitch of hum & blade lockup (so cool to change the pitch when bending under the pressure of the opponent's blade during a blade lockup !)
- reboot the saber with the aux button. Sounds like a gadget but : allows you to reboot the saber to go back to the bank selection menu. No need to power off the module. Like all the described Fx, it's possible to make this optional, in case you want to avoid for sure rebooting the saber while standing for photo sessions. However, note that you must do a "complex" combo to reset the saber. Aux button pressed during 3 sec. Little beep. Release and press again within 3 sec, or reboot will be cancelled. Works ONLY with blade OFF ! (can't happen during a fight).

Well, I might sound like saying things that were listed in the first post of this subject, but I hope it helps anyway !
Erv'

Offline HAN SOLO

• Jedi/Alliance General aka FX-Sabers' "The Most Interesting Scoundrel"
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Meet my business parter. His name is DL-44.
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2007, 07:14:00 AM »
N-I-C-E. I'll have to check your website later. 8)

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2007, 03:26:21 AM »
a customer sent me a little video of the saber he made using CF V2... I'm so pleased to see the force effect executed by someone else !!! he does it with the two hands, but the best looking way to do it is to push away the saber from your body while pressing the aux button (let's say left hand at 9'o clock) while "pushing" virtually your opponent with the right hand (at 12' o clock). The clash effect and movie flicker are not well displayed on the video, I suppose it's been made with a 15 frame/sec webcam.

Thalree Saber on youtube

I'll be soon posting some pics and video of my last saber, designed specially for Celebration Europe, it will have everything CF proposes : force effect, blinking LED bargraph, luxeon K2 @1500 mA (or lux V I don't know yet), loud as xxx, recharge port, rumbling force feeback motor and 4 bank of sounds, with droid voice selection menu.
I'll soon add something specific to this saber : an audio player !!! (let's play the imperial march whenever you want it during a convention !)
Erv'

Offline Sandstrom

• Force User
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2007, 04:46:36 AM »
a customer sent me a little video of the saber he made using CF V2... I'm so pleased to see the force effect executed by someone else !!! he does it with the two hands, but the best looking way to do it is to push away the saber from your body while pressing the aux button (let's say left hand at 9'o clock) while "pushing" virtually your opponent with the right hand (at 12' o clock). The clash effect and movie flicker are not well displayed on the video, I suppose it's been made with a 15 frame/sec webcam.

Thalree Saber on youtube

I'll be soon posting some pics and video of my last saber, designed specially for Celebration Europe, it will have everything CF proposes : force effect, blinking LED bargraph, luxeon K2 @1500 mA (or lux V I don't know yet), loud as xxx, recharge port, rumbling force feeback motor and 4 bank of sounds, with droid voice selection menu.
I'll soon add something specific to this saber : an audio player !!! (let's play the imperial march whenever you want it during a convention !)
Erv'

Wow Erv' that's GREAT!!!! an audio player!!! ....and than why not a GPS?!?!??!
...so I will wait for my saber from you now that you have the right alu bar!

GREAT!!!!

:D :D :D

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2007, 04:55:43 AM »
sure, now I have the right materials, so I'll be able to machine the emitters this WE !!
GPS is useless for Jedi, since the can use the Force to know where they are.... some of them even can see the future ! however, CF V2 can be a nice AM radio under certain circomstances (I managed to receive the BBC on mine... the marvel of a screwdriver used as an antenna when tuning the volume  :o ;D)
Erv'

Offline Sandstrom

• Force User
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2007, 05:25:20 AM »
sure, now I have the right materials, so I'll be able to machine the emitters this WE !!
GPS is useless for Jedi, since the can use the Force to know where they are.... some of them even can see the future ! however, CF V2 can be a nice AM radio under certain circomstances (I managed to receive the BBC on mine... the marvel of a screwdriver used as an antenna when tuning the volume  :o ;D)
Erv'

BWAHHAHAHAHAHH!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Sandstrom

• Force User
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2007, 12:27:34 AM »
I saw also the second video with the V2, finally the pitch shift is clear and thr force push done properly!

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2007, 03:58:05 AM »
yep, right on the money. I'm glad this customer tried every single features of CF V2 !
BtW, I've posted my last saber using the prototype of CF V2, see in the Plecterlabs thread one step above in the topic tree.

Offline Sandstrom

• Force User
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2007, 04:11:28 AM »
yep, right on the money. I'm glad this customer tried every single features of CF V2 !
BtW, I've posted my last saber using the prototype of CF V2, see in the Plecterlabs thread one step above in the topic tree.

Amazing Erv, just amazing...a masterpiece.
That's it.  :o

ps: what do you mean with CF V2.1?

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2007, 04:44:51 AM »
V2.1 means that I've made little modifications on the firmware, no big deal. It's being tested right now. Your saber will have that one  :)

Offline HAN SOLO

• Jedi/Alliance General aka FX-Sabers' "The Most Interesting Scoundrel"
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Meet my business parter. His name is DL-44.
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2007, 08:37:27 PM »
Erv, your technology never seems to amaze me! 8)

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2007, 10:56:48 PM »
Now, I put all my videos on youtube, to avoir my server to be overcharged, and also because I had a lot of people wondering how to read divx videos.

You can see all my videos here :

Irvin Plecter Youtube Channel

subscribe if you wish to be automatically notified for updates !

like my last delirium !!! check this out ! my english locution is not so good in impro facing the camera, but well, recorded just after the first coffee, at work in my office, in 5 min or so.
A fake TV commercial about.... a real FEATURE of crystal focus V2 (neophyl, you're gonna like that one)

The next step for Crystal Focus

(and please post comments on youtube, it helps !). Feel free to share and to forward to friends !
Erv'
« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 10:58:37 PM by erv »

retrousse