fiduciary

Author Topic: SOLVED CFX with odd OLED behavior: sometimes it activates on boot most times not  (Read 303 times)

Offline MCCLD84

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Good morning,

as mentioned in the title my oled display only works lets say at random. Solderjoints are checked good and if the display is up it works perfect, even while battle no faults what so ever.

A video showing the bootattempts can be found here:

Same behavior with default/shiped soundsfonts and with custom ones.

Any suggestions where to look at?

Best regards
Lars
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 11:45:15 AM by MCCLD84 »

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
your OLED might not have the time to reset properly based on how you put the kill key in and out. It can be also one of those slow oleds that need more time to wait until the power supply is stable, before you can try to detect it

you can use the serial command (only as a command from the serial terminal, not in the config) slowboot=200 to add 200ms of boot delay before trying to sense the OLED and to initialize it. This is a permanent settings that will remain afterwards (hence not in the config). You can revert at anytime to slowboot=10 (min value 10ms)

Offline MCCLD84

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
The in and out frequency was only for demonstration. It happens even if i wait around 5 sec between every "action". Sometimes it works every few times like in the video some times i need 20 or more bootcycles. I'll try the slowboot later today and report back.

EDIT: one correlation i watched is that the accent LED, wired as multicolor LED to Channel 6,7,8 to mirror bladecolor, switches slowly between what i would describe as default bootcolor to bladecolor when oled comes on, and more fast when oled doesn't.

Thx,
Lars
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 11:58:04 PM by MCCLD84 »

Offline MCCLD84

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Slowboot=200 did the job. Now the OLED works on every boot...

Thx, really thats support on an other level, absolutely fantastic...

Lars

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
you're very welcome and I'm happy it works. I got a few OLEDs that need more time to boot up before you can actually talk to them. Like those morning with late coffee cups

retrousse