fiduciary

Author Topic: New Battlefront DLC 2016  (Read 5884 times)

Offline darklordkasim

• Padawan Learner
New Battlefront DLC 2016
« on: January 30, 2016, 03:53:14 AM »
So thought I would start a thread to see what everyone thinks of the new DLC coming for Battlefront. I loved the Battle for Jakku DLC, I think it was a good story filler and brought in a little bit of the Force Awakens background story. However not sure how I feel with the DLC coming this year. I like the idea of new costumes for some heroes, Luke and Han on Hoth. Mainly for the fact you'll get to use Lukes blue saber as opposed to the green ROTJ saber! But I would have liked to see some more content such as space battles, admittedly there weren't that many space battles within the original trilogy which is what they're sticking too.

How does everyone else feel and what would you guys like to have seen for DLC?
There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

Offline Darth Chasm

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
Re: New Battlefront DLC 2016
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 07:48:14 AM »
Other than Turning Point and the Jakku maps, there hasn't been any DLC yet. The costumes etc was just and update.

The DLC won't start until about March I believe. I think if you check out EA they released a schedule and list of what's coming out. Don't recall space battles as part of it.

I personally only play walker assault and fighter squadron. The latter being my favorite. I hated fighter squadron at first, but once I learned the secret  I'm usually a top 3 every time.

Offline bcbishop

• No Force
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 10:47:05 AM »
Okay, I'll bite Darth Chasm. What's the secret? :angel:

(I usually hit top 5 but if there's something I'm missing I want to know!)

I also love Fighter Squadron best, though have rediscovered my love for Drop Zone lately. As for the DLC, I'm really looking forward to the Death Star DLC later this year, and can't help but think the unannounced release towards the end of the year will somehow tie into Rogue One...

Offline Darth Chasm

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 11:38:20 AM »
Slow down. That's the biggest thing. Your shots are more accurate and do more damage at low speeds. Personally, I pull back to the lowest speed when firing. The other thing is to focus on enemies that you are parallel with. You waste a huge amount of time trying to kill the ships crossing your path and they'll usually get away from you. It's better to go after ones that you can get behind or above. Last is to try and avoid grouping up with too many of your mates. Less chance for morons to take a kill from you.

Offline brthegreat117

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 02:10:42 PM »
Hey man. I could not be anymore disappointed in the game. They led fans down a blind road and just announced what actually will be in the DLC for the season pass. Yet, no space battles, single player campaign nor anything to do with the force awakens or clone wars. Which leads me to believe that they will be rehashing the same game for the next couple of years with different eras.
Star Warsâ„¢ Battlefrontâ„¢ Outer Rim (March 2016) - Fight among the factories of Sullust and battle within Jabba the Hutt's palace on Tatooine
Star Warsâ„¢ Battlefrontâ„¢ Bespin (Summer 2016) - It's hunt or be hunted in this action-packed experience set in the Cloud City of Bespin
Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Death Star (Fall 2016) – That’s no moon! One of the most iconic locations in the Star Wars universe makes its debut in Star Wars Battlefront.
Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Expansion Pack 4 – Title TBA (Early 2017) – We will have more details to share about this exciting new expansion pack in the coming months.
Like for realz. Couldn't they have included this in base game. I am already tired of repeatedly playing the same linear maps over and over again. And they have yet to fix the spawn points.

Offline Darth Chasm

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2016, 02:35:54 PM »
Totally agree. It is quite a flat experience. And to have paid the cost of an extra game for the season pass of what are just additional maps is a little frustrating. I also can't stand that the only way to communicate is to be in a party (PS4 don't know about Xbox). Most of the fun in the older versions was chatting with teammates, developing what strategy could be developed and so on.

From what I understand, as of late, EA has been notriously releasing half hashed games and over charging for DLC. They did it with NHL 15 and I hated it. I've bought the nhl games every year for YEARS. this is the first year I said nah.

Offline KingOfDathomir

• Master Force User
  • Call me... Old Master
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 12:06:10 AM »
I would like a true Conquest mode, with multiple scattered capture points and a ticket system. Perhaps also an aerial assault type mode (like TDM, but with starfighters and capitol ships with destructible hardpoints)... more modes essentially. And I bet my money, the final dlc will be Rogue One content.

Korbanth Sid
Korbanth MW3
Korbanth DM1 v2014
RomanProps Inception Elite
MR 2005 Anakin ROTS LE
Korbanth Duke
HFFX ANH Darth Vader
SF Luke ROTJ Hero
Korbanth Crossguard
Korbanth Graflex v2.0 (Finn-flex)
AHS w/ Crystal Shard v1
Pachstore Shadowblade (SWR Darksaber)
VyleOne TCW Asajj Ventress (3-D printed, 1:1)
VyleOne TCW Pre-Viszla Darksaber (3-D printed, 1:1)
KR Sabers Kenobi ROTS

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2016, 12:58:54 PM »
I look forward to playing the single player campaign since I don't have friends and don't want to play with humans...oh wait, they don't care about potential customers who aren't party animals...well then I guess i'll have to look to Halo and Mass Effect franchises who care about solo players and fuggedaboud Battlefront...

Whenever they do develop a single player campaign let me know eh? LOL
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline DarthKerrigan

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2016, 03:17:27 AM »
I can't wait for Fall when we get a Death Star map.  I have been trying to play different matches besides Supremacy and Fighter Squadron. 
Out of the things I lost in my life..... I miss my mind the most.  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline brthegreat117

• Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2016, 06:57:21 AM »
The game is dead on PC. Battlefield 4 has more dedicated players and servers than Battlfront and Hardline together lol.

Offline Spieguh

• Padawan Learner
  • A guy living in a place, doing things.
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2016, 06:37:22 AM »
The game is dead on PC. Battlefield 4 has more dedicated players and servers than Battlfront and Hardline together lol.

Yeah, I'm a PC gamer and haven't bought Battlefront yet due to it having such limited single-player options. When the game + DLC eventually drops below $30, they'll probably see a surge of players again. Or if they add a real single-player campaign.

Offline brthegreat117

• Master Force User
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2016, 08:15:10 AM »

Yeah, I'm a PC gamer and haven't bought Battlefront yet due to it having such limited single-player options. When the game + DLC eventually drops below $30, they'll probably see a surge of players again. Or if they add a real single-player campaign.

I doubt it. All support will be going to Battlefield 5.

Offline Spieguh

• Padawan Learner
  • A guy living in a place, doing things.
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2016, 10:52:40 AM »
Supposedly they're working on some sort of update to the offline content, so I'll still hold out some hope for now. 

Offline timtil18

• Padawan Learner
  • "I've got a bad feeling about this..."
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2016, 02:15:22 PM »
I feel like the more content we can get, the better everything will be. I don't think we will see anything truly story-driven or with a string of narrative in this game, but possibly the 2nd iteration. I just want more maps, weapons, characters and things to do! So bring on the DLC!
"How can a man die better, than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, and the temples of his gods?"

Offline KingOfDathomir

• Master Force User
  • Call me... Old Master
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2016, 11:39:05 AM »
There is an exclusive space battle mission for Sony's PS4-VR. too. Lame :sad:

Hopefully the sequel will be Battlefield: Star Wars, which was originally what I wanted.... Like Battlefront II redone in Frostbite 3's engine, complete with Levelution events. And no more power-up pick-ups, at least for vehicles and heroes. Vehicle should be in the spawning zone, and heroes should be acquired through skill, not random dumb luck.

Korbanth Sid
Korbanth MW3
Korbanth DM1 v2014
RomanProps Inception Elite
MR 2005 Anakin ROTS LE
Korbanth Duke
HFFX ANH Darth Vader
SF Luke ROTJ Hero
Korbanth Crossguard
Korbanth Graflex v2.0 (Finn-flex)
AHS w/ Crystal Shard v1
Pachstore Shadowblade (SWR Darksaber)
VyleOne TCW Asajj Ventress (3-D printed, 1:1)
VyleOne TCW Pre-Viszla Darksaber (3-D printed, 1:1)
KR Sabers Kenobi ROTS

retrousse