fiduciary

Author Topic: Darth Maul Future Run Discussion  (Read 54228 times)

Offline Juansith

• Master Force User
  • The Leeroy Jenkins of the bidding wars
Re: Darth Maul Future Run Discussion
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2011, 12:49:12 PM »
Oh my, you are going to drain me economically if this run takes place in the future.
I will be number one in  line for this run, but please whoever decides, please dont begin the run Right now, wait a few months until i can recover :).

Offline Juansith

• Master Force User
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2011, 12:51:10 PM »
Oh, and i would preffer one CF over 2 PCs, i think the Maul saber must be complete, not separated, since it only divided when Obi hit it.

Offline Rhyen Skytracker

• Master Force User
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2011, 01:01:36 PM »
It will be at least next May or June before I start this run.  This year has drained all of us with all the runs of AWESOME sabers at once.

Offline Acerocket

• Formerly known as Wat Tambor
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2011, 01:12:58 PM »
Like this Maul?

I posted this model drawing a year or two ago and couldn't even get 5 people interested in a Maul saber.  Don't plan on me offering one anytime soon.  The Obi Run is going to be enough headaches to complete before the end of the year.  I have no plans for a Maul, Qui or any other TPM saber right now.

Offline Juansith

• Master Force User
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2011, 01:19:59 PM »
When was that?,anyway, since im a huge fan of CF5 i can say that it would make a world of difference having a run with a CF5 rather than a run  year or two ago.

Offline GreyJedi

• Master Force User
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2011, 01:21:36 PM »
It will be at least next May or June before I start this run.  This year has drained all of us with all the runs of AWESOME sabers at once.

Good cause my savings account is very mad at me right now, lol  ;D Though i am done paying for my cruise this October  :)

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2011, 02:02:47 PM »
awesome!!!
may/june will be perfect and should be a good bit after the 2 current runs (obi/quigon)...

i will be down for these if that time frame happens
happy days

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline Wookiee Man

• Experienced Force User
  • A.K.A Tom Cruise
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2011, 02:21:31 PM »

Good cause my savings account is very mad at me right now, lol  ;D Though i am done paying for my cruise this October  :)
Yes I agree too!! My funds have depleted as well and let's not forget Celebration VI next summer :) I'll defently participate if this run started tomorrow.  Thanks guys!!!  Now I'll like to see one Maul hilt double bladed & prefer CF but if Erv needs a break (LIFE) I'll go with a PC  ;D HISTORY IS BEING MADE ON FX-SABERS - now who's going to make the limited addition saber stands, FX-Sabers SW Episode 1 T-shirts or posters  LOL! BOOM

Offline Rhyen Skytracker

• Master Force User
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2011, 03:37:12 PM »
Like this Maul?

I posted this model drawing a year or two ago and couldn't even get 5 people interested in a Maul saber.  Don't plan on me offering one anytime soon.  The Obi Run is going to be enough headaches to complete before the end of the year.  I have no plans for a Maul, Qui or any other TPM saber right now.

I didn't know you posted an interest thread about it.  I would much prefer you to make the run if you are still interested in making it.   Especially since you already have spent time on getting the render done.

Offline Scruffy Nerf Herder

• #1 supporter of Jar Jar for EPVII main lead character
  • Master Force User
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2011, 04:17:33 PM »
I'm in the mindset that it should be one solid hilt with the option of running one led or both at the same time with seperate fonts for each scenario.  IMHO there is no better sound than when Maul spins his staff with both blades ignited, that sound on a full THX certified sound system gives me shivers.  As for the logistics of the build, I'm no smith so I'll let whoever takes on this build decide the details.  Just keep it at a reasonble price range!

Offline djobitwan7

• Master Force User
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2011, 08:52:11 PM »
Yes! Someone is making this happen either way. My bank doesn't like me just yet either, so take your time in getting this one started. Especially since the Qui-gon Jinn run is starting as well.

Since i don't have the Maul from Korbanth's run in the mail yet, how is that accurate wise? All his other ones were smaller than the accuracy sized saber. Plus hardly any id room to spare. I'd rather just light his up for some spinning, since they fit nicely in the hands and use the CF or PC for accuracy to show off. Get the best of both world's.

Offline nartules

• Master Force User
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2011, 09:49:24 PM »
Maybe its best that a run takes until next year, by then there may be more sound board options...that may function better for a staff, with a single output than a CF.  :)

Time will bring the real end of our trial.  One day they'll be no remnants

Offline Rhyen Skytracker

• Master Force User
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2011, 04:08:06 AM »
I don't know if there would be enough interest to make a run of these or not.  IF I did make a small run I would probably have it with a single CF with one button to turn on both blades, but have the second blade have a small delay to turn on after the first one and have a power on font to reflect that.  This also means that it would be the whole saber staff and not the battle damaged versions too.  That is option 1, Option 2 would be to use 2 PCs and have the saber unscrew in the middle so that you could have 2 battle damaged sabers.  (NO QUICK DISCONNECT OF THE SABERS)   The quick disconnect would take away from the accuracy of the hilt and I want it to be as close as possible IF I do the run.

Offline COUNT DOOKU

• Manufacturer VIP
  • Master Force User
  • The Count formerly known as Sollus Vir
    • Calvary Custom Sabers
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2011, 06:42:15 AM »
I don't know if there would be enough interest to make a run of these or not.  IF I did make a small run I would probably have it with a single CF with one button to turn on both blades, but have the second blade have a small delay to turn on after the first one and have a power on font to reflect that.  This also means that it would be the whole saber staff and not the battle damaged versions too.  That is option 1, Option 2 would be to use 2 PCs and have the saber unscrew in the middle so that you could have 2 battle damaged sabers.  (NO QUICK DISCONNECT OF THE SABERS)   The quick disconnect would take away from the accuracy of the hilt and I want it to be as close as possible IF I do the run.

Thisi s quoted so someone will read it twice.

To begin, I would not be able to afford a run like this, just like the obi and the qui-gon. However, I would like to see this hilt come into fruition because it is one of my favorites. Let's be real, Darth mauls staff never ever ever came apart in the movies. so why would we want it to for a custom? So we can have the "battle damaged" replica? I would definetely prefer the hilt be one staff than two unscrewing pieces.

as far as the soundboard. I would vote one CF, with a custom font for double bladed sabers, and a delay power on. like ryhen mentioned.

Price range. This would be extremely tough to make, so I would not be surprised OR offended if this hilt cost more than the current obi run saber. There is more metal, advanced wiring... it would be an expensive saber.

my thoughts

Pass on what you have learned. Strength. Mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is. We are what they grow beyond. That is the true burden of all masters. ~Master Yoda~

Offline Scruffy Nerf Herder

• #1 supporter of Jar Jar for EPVII main lead character
  • Master Force User
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2011, 09:20:57 AM »
Battle damaged no...I have two MR's and two Hasbros that do that job just fine.  What I would like (should there be a run) is two soundboards so I can ignite one blade (such as when Qui Gon fought Maul in the Tattoine desert) or as a doube bladed staff a la the final fight of TPM.  The part that needs a lot of attention is getting those sound boards to work together when they are both on so that the sound and CoF or whatever options installed work with each other instead of against each other.

retrousse