fiduciary

Author Topic: How would you rate ROTS?  (Read 46570 times)

Offline GioFX

• Master Force User
  • so say we all ...
Re: How would you rate ROTS?
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2006, 03:39:02 AM »
10!

Very emotional and dark film.  I love it, it's Star Wars!

same for me, star wars at the best (and finally some emotion from actors!!!! lol)

Offline toos

• Master Force User
  • That's Treason!
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2006, 06:43:19 PM »
I thought it was awesome, resulting in me giving it a 9! the end where he turns is really dark and evil
Just a simple man trying to make his way in the universe

Offline Dark Skywalker

• formerly known as Dark Skywalker
  • Master Force User
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2006, 04:57:49 PM »
I gave it a 10

Nothing Is Impossible

Offline The Professor

• Experienced Force User
  • "I will do what I must"
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2006, 07:17:33 PM »
I gave it a 10 just because of the single fact that Darth Vader was introduced and you get to see that famous end battle between him and Obi-Wan.  But had that not been in it I would of easily gave this film an 8 or a 7 despite all the good duels.  The reason I say that is because there is a TON of bad mistakes.  Particularly the lightsaber switches like seeing Obi-Wan switch from his saber then seeing him hold Anakin's hilt was rediculous.  And when Sidious was all of sudden holding Anakin's hilt.  That stuff made the editors look like novices.  But overall I liked the film.  I still think Mace should of been shown as actually beating Sidious.  But the way they did it was just awesome in how it fit into how to eliminate Mace and go along with the story.
"I don't believe it." -Luke Skywalker
"That is why you fail." -Yoda

Offline Powered Convoy

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2006, 07:29:19 PM »
Wavering between 9 and 10.  My favorite Star Wars movie.  I gave it a 9, only because there are a couple things I would have liked a little more of.  Like the Jedi purge in them temple, a couple of the cut scenes.  But it's nearly perfect.
I mean come on, Anakin vs Obi-Wan, Mace vs Sidious, Dooku vs Anakin & Obi-Wan, and Yoda vs Emperor Palpatine.  So many legendary battles, it's like they were giving us just about every thing we wanted to see through out the whole Star Wars movies.  I'm not ashamed to admit this, but I really teared up when I saw the movie in the theater.  The scene where the Clone Troopers were executing Order 66, killing their Jedi commanders, got me choked up as did the ending when Padme had died, Anakin was overseeing the Death Star creation now as Darth Vader (in the suit), and Luke and Leia's fate really got to me.  In fact, after seeing RotS, the wedding scene and the scene were Padme reveals her feelings for Anakin in AotC get me choked up now because of what becomes of them in RotS.

Randy

Offline Jaden Korr

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2006, 07:47:45 PM »
ya i will admit that whole scene where it shows all the jedi being hunted down and ends up at the scene where he is in the room with younglings does get ya a bit

Offline The Professor

• Experienced Force User
  • "I will do what I must"
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2006, 08:04:46 PM »
Yeah it's pretty powerful for me it was just like a drop in my stomach.  Because you never imagined yet how that was gonna take place.  Like sure you heard about it and knew it was gonna happen from the beginning years ago but actually seeing all the jedi get killed was like how is this happening?  In all the other movies it's always the hero or the heroes coming out on top but in ROTS it's like evil rules and does it by blood and no mercy.  The Mace Windu death scene did it for me I was shocked actually seeing that.  Because after all that time you never think he could die or such a thing could happen.
"I don't believe it." -Luke Skywalker
"That is why you fail." -Yoda

Offline ani104

• Master Force User
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2006, 12:30:29 PM »
I gave it a ten for the same reasons as the Professor ;)

Offline HAN SOLO

• Jedi/Alliance General aka FX-Sabers' "The Most Interesting Scoundrel"
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Meet my business parter. His name is DL-44.
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2006, 02:08:16 PM »
By far the best of all the SW films. I feel that th CW cartoons added to this, but the movie stood out alone. ESB is close, but TPM I felt was better layout than ESB and comes behind ROTS. (From a story structure point of view) To be able to go back before EP IV and lay it out as a fantasy adventure following the trial and tribulations of two great friends is a great accomplishment. However, because of that laid out story, ROTS benefits from both sides of the two halves. Never has there been a film that is made at the end for the middle that can link both the past and future of this great saga.

BTW, Portman's acting was not that bad. I've watched other films with sappy scenes like those in ROTS and they are no worse then others.

Unfortunately, the majority of the fans on this site appear to be male, so this statement really cannot apply to us. However, ladies........How would you react to someone you have loved for three years and was carrying their child, all of a sudden becomes a monster, even though you have raced to be embraced by him, while he is the only thing that comforts you in a tragic event in your life?

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline ani104

• Master Force User
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2006, 09:52:44 PM »
Good point.

Offline Jedi_Qaid

• Experienced Force User
  • My Ally Is The Force And A STRONG Ally It Is...
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2006, 06:32:39 PM »
This one gets a 9 it was amazing the only reason i denied it a 10 is because i thought it could have shown a little more and answered a few more questions, all in all it was great

There's a different feel now that I've seen Episode III at home and was able to understand the direction.
My Collection

*Episode I*

Offline ani104

• Master Force User
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2006, 01:48:12 AM »
What do you mean?

Seth Ski-Woo

« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2006, 05:34:51 PM »
Mmmm... I really rated ROTS. I had very high expectations of it and expected to enjoy it but be a bit disappointed nonetheless. I thought it would just be too difficult to make Anakin's turn to the Dark Side credible, but it really had a pleasantly surprising emotional wallop and resonance for me. Brilliant film!
Professor, you articulate the surprise well for me in describing Mace Windu's death as shocking - I think I was shocked by that too, and other stuff... and I didn't expect to be shocked by something that for me has always worked as extremely well imagined and realised escapism... ho-hum... :)

Offline Knuckle01

• formerly known as Jedi Master Knuckle
  • Master Force User
  • I am a Jedi, like my father before me...
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2006, 01:36:21 PM »
ummmmm translation  ::)
The Force will be with you....always.

Seth Ski-Woo

« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2006, 04:49:18 PM »
OK - I really wanted it to like it a bit better than TPM and AOTC, as however much I'd enjoyed the other 2 prequel films, I found them disappointing in some ways...  whereas ROTS essentially did blow me away ...no reservations! So definitely my favourite of the prequel trilogy.
and I found it more dark and "grown up" in places than I expected as well. Which I liked. Hope that makes my feelings about the film a bit clearer  ;D

retrousse