fiduciary

Author Topic: eFX Interview with Bryan Ono (MRBryan) @ Rebelscum Forums  (Read 18208 times)

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
Re: eFX Interview with Bryan Ono (MRBryan) @ Rebelscum Forums
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2008, 07:56:18 PM »
I wouldn't be suprised to see Hasbro make both a mid-grade(normal FFX) and an elite line of FFX-sabers....

interesting indeed :o... it sounds great for eFX and their future looks to be promising with such captian at the helm.

here is a little more on this public announcement.
http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=77&show_article=579&nl=1

Hasbro doing an ultra expensive elite line of sabers?
It actually sounds more like a continuation of the same existing MR line, but more on that here...
http://www.imperialholocron.com/
entry 1-11-07

Wait and see we will ;)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 09:18:08 PM by Yoda »

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2008, 08:07:50 PM »
aww why not just spell it out :D

eFX and Hasbro

If you were upset over Master Replicas losing the prop replicas license for Star Wars, fear no more because two companies have stepped up.

Hasbro and a new company, eFX, will both be putting out replicas.  eFX is a new company headed by former MR employees and will be doing studio scale vehicles and helmets while Hasbro will pick up the FX lightsaber line.  Check out the press release:

Lucas Licensing Teams With Hasbro and eFX to Bring High-End Star Wars Collectibles to Fans

New Agreements Begin This Month for Collectible Prop Replicas, Vehicles and Popular Electronic Lightsabers

SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Star Wars fans and collectors will find new lines of collectibles from Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE:HAS) and newcomer eFX in 2008, it was announced today by Lucas Licensing, a division of Lucasfilm Ltd.

Hasbro, Lucas Licensing’s master Star Wars toy and game licensee, will assume the design and production of the high-end, collectible electronic lightsabers line, called “Force FX” Lightsabers, which was previously made by Master Replicas.

Hasbro’s Force FX lightsaber line will debut in the spring and continues the remarkable popularity of electronic replica lightsabers among Star Wars enthusiasts.  The line will feature replicas of the iconic weapons used by Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Darth Maul and Yoda.

Newly formed eFX will develop, manufacture and distribute collectible, limited-edition replicas of both full-sized and scaled props; studio- and reduced-scale vehicles and ships; full-sized helmets; and high-end, die-cast vehicles and ships that encompass the entire Star Wars universe.

“Working with both Hasbro and eFX allows us to bring Star Wars fans some of the best collectibles we have ever offered,” said Howard Roffman, President of Lucas Licensing.  “These are incredibly creative, innovative companies with a real passion for Star Wars, and we think it’s going to show in the products they offer.”

Hasbro expects the first Force FX lightsabers to be available in the spring, while eFX plans to unveil its first products at Comic Con International in San Diego in July.

Lucasfilm, STAR WARS, “lightsaber” and related character names, vehicle names and properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. TM & © Lucasfilm Ltd.  All rights reserved.  All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.

It sounds like Hasbro will kick off the line with re-packs of some of the more recent MR lightsabers but I'm hoping for some Episode 1 versions of both Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon's lightsabers.

an "elite line" appears to be referring to the Force-FX line of sabers So... what does this mean to us?
Possibly more of the familiar Force-FX line to take apart and convert?

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2008, 08:20:44 PM »
It sounds like it will be a while before we see any new lightsabers from Hasbro as they seem intent on re-releasing all the more recent ones that MR previously sold.

-Joclad

2010...I certainly hope it's better than 2009 was! ::)
10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2008, 08:26:22 PM »
I agree with joclad

"The line will feature replicas of the iconic weapons used by Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Darth Maul and Yoda."

its no coincidence that the only models announced were the very same models that were available at the end of the license from MR.

they're obviously going to rebrand the same product (which is good news for us; the design will stay the same).
"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

Offline GRAND MOFF TARKIN

• formerly pianoman/Admiral Piett
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Fear will keep them in line...
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2008, 08:35:04 PM »
True....It only makes sense for them to sell what is already there...

But Brian did say

" And as for the FX Lightsabers, Hasbro will now be producing that line. This is really exciting since Hasbro has the resources and capabilities to take this item to new heights of innovation and technology.

But agian, I could just be over reading this statement...

Offline SAESEE TIIN

• Formerly known as Lazbum
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • I wish I had quotes as cool as Admiral Ackbar!
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2008, 09:02:58 PM »
They have the resources and capabilities to advance it, but in their eyes why should they seeing as how they still sell well.  It would be bad business for Brian to say anything along the lines of the fx's remaining the same.

Thanks to Darth Nerdold for the sig!
Proud Owner of a Graflex V from Yoda!

Offline Boxster

• Master Force User
  • I like my lightsabers too bright, too loud!
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2008, 09:24:46 PM »
I wonder if the Hasbro FX pricing will be lower than MR's?

xxx, sure like to know that now so I can cancel both the Maul's!

Anyway, looks like they are going all out to please the SW fans. That is great news. I hope they don't forget customers with thinner wallets!

Hasbro wise, my source told me that they will produce mini FX lightsabers too! :D :D Just kidding, guys!

Just hope they improve the sound and light of the FX and of course new range of FX.

Too bad Hasbro people won't read what's said in forums of the FX line. Otherwise, they can pick up a lot of what's definitely gonna be hot and what's not... wait..., FX not hot? Unheard of! :D

Hack, even if they put out ACCURATE but off screen or tiny role characters like Mara Jade, Zett, Luminara, Bariss, Aayla,  Agen, Saesee, Fisto, Stass, Shaak Ti or even Baltar Swan FX, they will still be snapped up! I know I will!

No need to even talk about those TPM Obiwan, Guigonn, Ep2 Dooku etc etc etc etc etc etc

Wait, even FX from the game KOTOR series, will be super hot!

Man, imagine if one of you guys are holding the rights to produce FX lightsabers. You are sitting on a mountain of gold!

B

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2008, 09:30:40 PM »
Hey everyone please remember we now have a hasbro section for discussing this so perhaps continue on
that topic in there about force-fx's you should.

Here is where bryans company eFX that is doing the prop replicas should be discussed...

such as what kind of studio scale items would be cool to see them do ;) ;)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 10:12:15 PM by Yoda »

Offline levelnext

• formerly known as levelnext
  • Master Force User
  • you are what you is
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2008, 07:05:36 AM »
Interesting that they said that they wouldn't be doing what was done before unless they could add something new to the table...I guess that means that whatever minis that MR did, EFX won't be doing unless it's in a different scale. Like say, .50 instead of .45.

Hey there Joclad!  I really hope you are wrong on this one, I think what he ment with the "not doing what's been done before" was
that they wouldnt be releasing say Luke ANH, ESB LE hilts, as an example. 
So I am optimistic on the idea that they might release a ROTJ mini Vader or EU mini lightsabers, as in the interview he also
states eFX got the license for "scaled" replicas and scaled vehicles and ships.   Clearly distinguishing "replicas" which can mean
mini lightsabers and blasters, from scaled "vehicles and ships".   What's clearly stated also is that they lost the mini helmet line.

So please... be wrong Joc  :D.  Let us have mini Mara Jade hilt, and Yoda AOTC, Obi TPM, Vader ROTJ, Luke ROTJ V2 (AFBB and weathered lol),
Sidious ROTS V2, Mace TPM, Fisto, Grievious minis, etc etc.

Cause I kinda like the minis  ;D

Oh well, we'll see. 
On a mission to constantly annoy C3PO!

--:CLICK HERE TO SEE MY COLLECTION:--

Offline Aluke123

• Master Force User
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2008, 09:29:47 AM »

Hmmmmm...

1. Red Five Xwing SS
2. Tie Fighter SS
3. Star Destroyer SS
4. Die Cast ATAT, Millenium Falcon, Red Five Xwing, Tie Fighter

Thats all I can think of right now. ;)

Lord Maul on TCSS

Offline Boxster

• Master Force User
  • I like my lightsabers too bright, too loud!
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2008, 05:27:54 AM »
Not trying to be a schmuck here but I think if they can push out a SS SSD, it will be a hit!

What I would like is the Jedi Transporter from Ep1.

B

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2008, 06:31:45 AM »

Hmmmmm...

1. Red Five Xwing SS
2. Tie Fighter SS
3. Star Destroyer SS
4. Die Cast ATAT, Millenium Falcon, Red Five Xwing, Tie Fighter

Thats all I can think of right now. ;)

Add a Speeder bike (Or Swoop) to that list! ;D

To expand, why not an Xwing SS with interchangable identification badges? Inlude ones from the prominent fighter jocks! (Biggs, Wedge, Porkins, Luke...etc)

Do up the TIE's (Vader, TIE, Interceptor, Bomber) and have an optional piece of "Death Star" Matting with mounts so you can display them properly!

Others:

1. B-WING!
2. Y-WING (with Gold Leader badging)
3. A-WING!
4. Arwing from starfox... J/k! :D
5. AT-ST
6. Luke's Landspeeder
7. Slave-1 (Both versions)
8. Vulture Droid
9. ARC 170
10. Star Destroyer (With properly scaled Corellian Corvette) WHY weren't these done defore?
11. Jedi Starfighters...

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2008, 06:51:59 AM »
A Star Destroyer with the appropriately size Acrylic display case that will have a scratch resistant top laminate of the case
to double as a coffee table and display piece all in one ;D

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2008, 08:04:00 AM »
A Star Destroyer with the appropriately size Acrylic display case that will have a scratch resistant top laminate of the case
to double as a coffee table and display piece all in one ;D

Now THAT would be AWESOME!

Seth Ski-Woo

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2008, 07:58:54 AM »
Definitely a good idea - and hopefully slightly more acceptable/less obtrusive for those who live with a wife or other significant other who isn't quite as mad about their Star Wars goodies as they ideally would be  ;)

retrousse