fiduciary

Author Topic: The Highly Anticipated HYPERBLADE VIDEO  (Read 26923 times)

Hootini

Re: The Highly Anticipated HYPERBLADE VIDEO
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2007, 02:17:25 PM »
Very cool. Does the sound only come thru a PC for these? Thanks

Offline GRAND MOFF TARKIN

• formerly pianoman/Admiral Piett
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Fear will keep them in line...
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2007, 06:29:54 PM »
There is two options, either a speaker in the hilt or a wireless bluetooth option.

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2007, 07:35:25 PM »
And they run about a thousand dollars when I last checked.

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2007, 07:40:23 PM »
While they may look nice, honestly Hyperblades are way too rich for my blood...

Offline Jedibum

• WOLF IN SHEEPS CLOTHING
  • Force User
    • Hyperdyne Labs
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2007, 10:54:16 AM »
LOL!  Hi guys!  Hyperblades are expensive, but they aren't quite $1,000.  They are about half that.

For a FULL Hyperblade set-up with standard sound:                      around $470
For a FULL Hyperblade set-up with amplified sound:                      around $500
For a FULL Hyperblade set-up with Bluetooth wireless sound:        around $570
Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2007, 11:43:01 AM »
Is that installed or just the parts?

Offline Jedibum

• Force User
    • Hyperdyne Labs
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2007, 12:03:47 PM »
That is for the parts (Blade is assembled for you).  There is an extra charge for retrofitting.  The charge depends on the FX Hilt you want converted.
Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2007, 06:49:06 PM »
That doesn't include the hilt I believe so you need one of those. And the extra for the install.  You have to at least be pushing 800 I would think.

I remember reading that the install is a bit difficult as some people were having issues.  Someone had one here for sale about 5 months ago that they never got installed.

I just ran the checkout and came up with $580.  That included batteries and charger and no bluetooth.  So add a hilt, shipping and install and I bet you are going to push $800. Shipping was $24, if you go graflex add about $150 for a parks and then $35 for the conversion kit so now you are at $790 and still need to get it all installed.  That has to be at least 50-100.  So you are now at $850-900 ish.  The cheaper option is use an MR but that is still costing you about $100 for a hilt that you will gut.  Total cost is still pushing $1000.  We're not even talking about throwing this into a custom like the Overlord.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 07:06:15 PM by Stormtrooper TK-421 »

Offline HAN SOLO

• Jedi/Alliance General aka FX-Sabers' "The Most Interesting Scoundrel"
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Meet my business parter. His name is DL-44.
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2007, 07:27:01 PM »
Isn't Master Yoda's sabers like half the price and have more accurate reactions? But, I guess a Hyperdyne has the scroll effect..... ::)

Negotiator 007
More to follow.........

Offline Aluke123

• Master Force User
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2007, 07:29:15 PM »
........ Total cost is still pushing $1000.....

That is a very unfair statement in my opinion. Around 900$ max for a non-custom hilt is not pushing 1000$. Adding a hundred bucks is some pretty extreme rounding.

Lord Maul on TCSS

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2007, 07:37:26 PM »
........ Total cost is still pushing $1000.....

That is a very unfair statement in my opinion. Around 900$ max for a non-custom hilt is not pushing 1000$. Adding a hundred bucks is some pretty extreme rounding.

OK maybe it is a hundred off but $900 is a lot closer to a grand than the previous $570 mentioned.  My only point was that the full package is still a huge sticker shock.

They are very bright I will give them that but so is my lux v.  The only difference I can see is when you are in lighter conditions that it really takes off.  IMO it is a huge price to pay for the lumens received.  My entire vintage Graflex project ran me about half that.

If anyone is really serious about these sabers run through the checkout for yourself here is the link.

http://www.hyperdynelabs.com/hyperblade/purchase.php

Offline Jedibum

• Force User
    • Hyperdyne Labs
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2007, 04:02:35 PM »
TK-421 ... I think you are having a Math malfunction.

1).  The price doesn't come out to $580 ... $89 for V2 Driver; $189 for V2 Blade; $18 for Blade Tubing Kit; $119 for Amplified Sound Card; $39 for 11Volt Battery; $35 for Battery Charger; $24 for shipping w/insurance ... add all that together and you get: $513

And how did we jump to $800 - $900????  I can get a New Luke ANH for under $100 with shipping.  So if I bought one and sent that to them, add another $110 ... so that comes to around $625.  The retrofit might be 50 bucks ... or less depending on how hard it is to install.  So now we might be at $675.  I don't know how you got over $800 ... or even close to $900. 

I mean, I guess you could have someone make you a super expensive custom made saber for $250 or $300 and try to get them to install the Hyperblade in that ... but I don't see how it's Hyperdyne's fault if you decide you want some super expensive hilt.  You get a nice hilt for under $100 and have it all installed.  I just don't see how your numbers add up and I don't see how they get pinned on Hyperdyne if you decide you want some expensive custom hilt ... you have free will ... I just don't see your logic.

And my Overlord cost me $190 ... so if I decided to by a new Hyperblade set-up for it AND have them install it (which you wouldn't need to do because the Overlord is just 3 pieces ... Emitter, Body, and Pommel ... and it would be very easy to install) ... it would come out to $760 (or just over $700 if I did the install myself) ... I still haven't hit $800 - $900 yet ... or that big $1000 that seems to be thrown around.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 04:18:01 PM by Jedibum »
Amendment I

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2007, 05:26:55 PM »
I think his price also included to have Jim put the kit together.

Offline cha0s73

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2007, 05:31:54 PM »
I should be getting my hyperblade in a week or two..Its being retro fitted in a Luke Anh graflex..Its going to be a blue one piece blade with the v2 driver and the in the hilt amplified sound with L6 sounds..Ill post some pic and reviews when I recieve it..

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2007, 07:38:18 PM »
I should be getting my hyperblade in a week or two..Its being retro fitted in a Luke Anh graflex..Its going to be a blue one piece blade with the v2 driver and the in the hilt amplified sound with L6 sounds..Ill post some pic and reviews when I recieve it..

Wow, so Jim's going to be installing it into a Graflex? Can't wait to see your review of it.

-Joclad

2010...I certainly hope it's better than 2009 was! ::)
10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

retrousse