fiduciary

Author Topic: Hyperblade (what is it today)???  (Read 2204 times)

Offline Darth Wraith

• Master Force User
  • Everything Burns
    • Darth Wraith at Star Wars Space.net
Hyperblade (what is it today)???
« on: October 20, 2010, 02:25:51 AM »
Okay, so I know very little about Hyperblades, and their related products, however I have come across several you tube videos of their blades, and I was very impressed.  However, I checked out there website and found that most of their product line has been out of stock, and I get the feeling that they have been out of stock for some time now.  Also after about 5 minutes scanning over some of the topics on the forum here that are related to them, most are fairly old, and have not been touched in some time, and those that had, seemed to be fairly critical of them.  

http://www.hyperdynelabs.com/hyperblade/purchase.php

Now like I said, as far as Hyperblades go, I know very little, but I was impressed by the pretty shiny  :D lol.  Anyone with the status of the company, and it's technology, whether it is living or dead would be highly appreciated.  Please forgive me for my ignorance on this matter, I hope I am not beating a dead horse (poor horse he just didn't see that pot hole  :'( , now he's glue)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 02:29:57 AM by Darth Wraith »

I Am the Lord of Shadow, Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness, So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light.

Offline Matt Thorn

• Experienced Force User
    • Köjin Köbö
Re: Hyperblade (what is it today)???
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 03:48:43 AM »
HyperDyne Labs generate a lot of emotion. ;-) But they are, as far as I know, still in business. I suggest you e-mail them and ask about specific items you're interested in. The service is generally good, and you should get a fairly prompt response. They should be able to tell you when items are expected to be back in stock.

A couple of things to note, based on my own experience.

I was very happy with the green and red blades I got, but not the one blue blade I got, which was quite inconsistent in brightness and had what is called a "corn on the cob" look. Hyperdyne offered to give me a refund. (I just haven't gotten around to shipping it back to them.)

I do not like the blade materials. They may do a better job of diffusing the light than a PolyC blade, but they just don't look very good, they aren't very rigid, and the "Dual Core" system (which is basically a narrow tube inside a wider tube) is flawed, because the inner blade clacks around inside the outer blade. The tips are pretty useless, since they have no shoulder and sit flat on the end of the blade. Get a tip from TCSS. Note that what they call a "complete blade" is just the parts for building a blade, and not a finished blade in the sense that a "complete blade" from TCSS is.

The LED driver is great. SaberSD is great in some ways (you can put any sound font you want into it), but the gimmick of the pitch changing with the angle of the saber is downright annoying, in my opinion, and while you can reduce it, you can't get rid of it entirely. Setting aside the issue of their VERO policy on ebay (Do they even still do that?), they are a reliable company, and they won't take your money and run, or make you wait for weeks longer than promised. I have found them to be quite helpful.

Maybe one reason there hasn't been much discussion about Hyperdyne recently is that people are starting to make their own LED-string blades. I dunno.

Hope this helps.

Okay, so I know very little about Hyperblades, and their related products, however I have come across several you tube videos of their blades, and I was very impressed.  However, I checked out there website and found that most of their product line has been out of stock, and I get the feeling that they have been out of stock for some time now.  Also after about 5 minutes scanning over some of the topics on the forum here that are related to them, most are fairly old, and have not been touched in some time, and those that had, seemed to be fairly critical of them. 

http://www.hyperdynelabs.com/hyperblade/purchase.php

Now like I said, as far as Hyperblades go, I know very little, but I was impressed by the pretty shiny  :D lol.  Anyone with the status of the company, and it's technology, whether it is living or dead would be highly appreciated.  Please forgive me for my ignorance on this matter, I hope I am not beating a dead horse (poor horse he just didn't see that pot hole  :'( , now he's glue)
There's always a bigger fish.

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 07:32:08 AM »
yes they are still in buissnes they just last week sold out all the sound boards...
Hyper is currently putting the finishing touches to a new led strip that has more durable and brighter leds.

Ive recently built a graflex hyperblad. Go check it out (in this section)

Im also just finishing up my latest saber, a vader hyperblade il put up pics n a vid when its done

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline Darth Wraith

• Master Force User
  • Everything Burns
    • Darth Wraith at Star Wars Space.net
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 12:15:39 PM »
Thank You both for all the information, opinions, and advise, it was most illuminating.  I will have to give all of this some more thought before investing in their technology, but now that I have more information, I'm sure that I will be able to make a more complete decision and be able to live with it over the long haul.  Thank You again.

I Am the Lord of Shadow, Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness, So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light.

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 02:03:56 PM »
@ matt thorn

have you tried it in a different blade? (the led strip)
i had a bit of a muddy blade with my blue led strip and i found that the inside of the blade had marks and bubbles in it
once i swapped blades for an ultraedge it was fine.

also other things iv found out since using my hyperblade...
the battery lasts almost twice as long when using one of the shimmer effects, i always used the static blade and the battey didnt last very long between charges
but when on shimmer it lasted much longer
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 02:05:46 PM by darthsteve »

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex