fiduciary

Author Topic: Internet outages in area between 11-16-2009 and 11-24-2009  (Read 10197 times)

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
Re: Internet outages in area between 11-16-2009 and 11-24-2009
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2010, 12:03:18 PM »
STILL current saber guild member

We understand the confusioin but ORA is not part of the GUILD and has not been for quite some time.

GUILD member list.

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=6402.0

ORA is still listed on the main page to allow members a point of update and contact.

Offline Andy Anonymous

• Master Force User
    • Andy Anonymous
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2010, 08:09:14 PM »
Well, I sent you the email, Derek, and it's been two weeks, and you haven't responded again.

Come on, man. Just an email. What happened to that fire that was lit under you? I'll give it another week, and then it's back to emailing Ultrasabers for a refund and hoping they answer for a change.

Offline Andy Anonymous

• Master Force User
    • Andy Anonymous
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2010, 08:02:27 AM »
...So is this whole thing now being sort of quietly swept under the rug now, with this board move?

Offline darth_call

• Master Force User
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2010, 08:15:25 AM »
...So is this whole thing now being sort of quietly swept under the rug now, with this board move?

no Andy,
You will see that 2 new sections were created last night by MAster Yoda.

These are to help streamline the sight and keep clutter to minimum.

Several mods and members who still have contact, (somewhat) with Derek are actively pursuing any and all outstanding issues and have gone out of the way of the regular duties of a moderator on a forum to help with this issue.
Several Mods are in the same boat as you and many others, ...waiting on parts, sabers, services.

To imply that we are sweeping ANYTHING under a rug is insulting to the efforts we make to help resolve this issue.

Im not sure how many times we need to say that we, the mod staff, are TRYING to help out in the issue, please stop biting the hand that is trying to help.

We all want to see this resolved, we all want everyone to get their sabers back, but ultimately, the only one who can really that is Derek, ......

« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 08:46:13 AM by CHEWBACCA »

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2010, 09:34:05 AM »
 I was going to send you a pm explaining everything but since other members may have similar questions I feel a public post is more suitable.

No nothing is being swept anywhere as Chewie said.  I had a long talk with Yoda last week and we agreed the site needed a new section.  The new section serves to separate active sabersmiths from inactive.  You will notice that along with ORA you also see Equinox and Judge Sabersmith.  This is an inactive smith section.  Several members were getting confused at who was and who was not in the GUILD.  Many members saw ORA on the sabersmith list and assumed they were still on the GUILD because they were on the list with everyone else.

What this does is move ORA and others away from the front page listing so as not to confuse new members as to who is active and recommended by FX-Sabers.

From the main page go to:  Jedi Temple - FX-Sabers Archives - Inactive Manufacturers-     http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?board=129.0

The FX staff has been actively engaged in this situation and others to find resolutions for the members.  We have and always will work for the members, if you ever feel like we don't please pm any mod, arbiter or admin with your concerns.

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2010, 11:01:00 AM »
I would just like to add that we are actually doing the total opposite of sweeping things under the rug at this time.   ;)   I'm happy to say that Derek has started setting things in motion to begin getting sabers and parts sent to their owners.  One individual here actually received what was due him yesterday, and my own items are scheduled to be sent to me shortly.  Now it may still take a little more time before every outstanding transaction has been fulfilled, but at least the wheels have begun turning.  We'll keep everyone updated, and hopefully this will be the start of the resolution that everyone has been needing for a long time.

Thanks.

Offline Andy Anonymous

• Master Force User
    • Andy Anonymous
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2010, 08:45:54 PM »
Okay, thanks. And for the record, I wasn't trying to insult anyone or "bite" anyone's "hand" by asking that question; I simply was responding to the board having been placed a couple of extra levels deep in the forum hierarchy. And there was, after all, no post on here explaining any of this before today. After so much time going by with no apparent activity, questions like mine are fair ones. Hopefully the wheels are indeed in motion.

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2010, 12:12:49 PM »
All questions are fair Andy.   It could have been an oversight.  Thanks for asking so we could clarify.

Offline Shadeslinger

• Master Force User
  • "I will consume your soul before this day is done"
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2010, 01:12:15 PM »
Yes, the pitchfork wielding "customer" is here. ::)

Well, it's officially been over a year since the "Ships Thursday!" I received from DT when he sold me the ancient. Happy Anniversary Inefficient shipper! :)
This will be my last post about this situation (probably) because even I'm tired of it. I haven't counted how many times you've made the same post in the last year about how you're trying, and stuff will ship soon, and blah, blah, blah, but I'd guess somewhere around, what, 6? 7?

And in case you show up here to post again, NO I will not send you my shipping address or paypal address again. That might buy you some time with others that you've screwed, but I've gotten tired of that mind trick. You have the info, and if you still don't....tough. I'm officially washing my hands of this thing.

I had some other things to write, but honestly I just don't care enough to try anymore. Ya hear that Derek, you crook? You've managed to get out of one more responsibility. Congrats.

/end

~Jango
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 01:23:35 PM by JANGO FETT »

Offline OBI-WAN KENOBI

• Resident Negotiator
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • You don't want to sell me death sticks.
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2010, 08:49:58 PM »
I wish I could post another "the wheels have begun turning" speech like I did before (in good faith), however, Derek has chosen to ignore every single email sent to him from me the last month, this after a series of pretty quick email replies.

We are working with the Admins to solve this problem, and will keep everyone updated with any developments.

We apologize greatly for the toll this has taken on many of our members.  Do remember that several staff members also have outstanding transactions.....with one particular transaction to the tune of well over a thousand dollars in items and parts all by itself.

Offline Andy Anonymous

• Master Force User
    • Andy Anonymous
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2010, 08:31:02 AM »
Are we back to square one again, then?

At this point, I wish Ultra would just reimburse me for the loss (my business was with him originally), so I could have done with it.

Offline Shadeslinger

• Master Force User
  • "I will consume your soul before this day is done"
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2010, 08:56:58 AM »
I wish I could post another "the wheels have begun turning" speech like I did before (in good faith), however, Derek has chosen to ignore every single email sent to him from me the last month, this after a series of pretty quick email replies.

We are working with the Admins to solve this problem, and will keep everyone updated with any developments.

We apologize greatly for the toll this has taken on many of our members.  Do remember that several staff members also have outstanding transactions.....with one particular transaction to the tune of well over a thousand dollars in items and parts all by itself.

Obi-wan, the mod and admin staff have gone well beyond thier way to try to help and rectify this situation. But it's not anyone's fault besides ORA so there's no reason to apologize. Like they say, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make 'em drink. The powers that be have been more than gracious with every aspect of this freak side show.

Offline forcer99

• No Force
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2010, 05:07:53 AM »
What the current situation? I have no news in mailbox aswell here...

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2010, 09:11:52 AM »
What the current situation? I have no news in mailbox aswell here...

There is no current situation.  As a site we have exhausted ALL options up to and including offering to fly out, pick up all the items and distribute them at our own cost.  A free ticket to Outer Rim Armory if you will.  Our efforst were in vain.  ORA has not even logged on for several months.

IMHO, sadly, this case is pretty much closed.  It is doubtful that anyone will ever receive their items or a refund.

As a site we continue to keep these threads alive, "in case", xxx freezes over or pigs fly.  :D

Offline Senti Xamas

• Master Force User
  • When the light is green, the trap is clean.
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2010, 10:28:26 AM »
Well that just bites, I already have a replacement but, there goes my money. On another note, Burger King has the new commercial with the flying pig, so maybe something will happen  :D

retrousse