fiduciary

Author Topic: Vader ANH-Quick thoughts  (Read 6455 times)

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
Vader ANH-Quick thoughts
« on: May 15, 2007, 06:52:15 PM »
Just recieved my Vader ANH from the Sycor group order. Wow, what a great saber. I was a little thrown off at first by the offset clamp but then checked and realized it is accurate. The red blade seems to be a little brighter than my Vader ESB. It looks to be a shade lighter than the ESB. Could be the batteries too. And, of course, I took the whole thing apart! Comes apart just like the ESB but does not use the "socket" like some ESB's had. Oh well. Overall great saber. Now just waiting for the Luke ANH to come out! Cheers! Pics to come later.
Disrespectful and Condescending to Staff.

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
Re: Vader ANH-Quick thoughts
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 06:56:54 PM »
Mine also appears a little bit brighter as well. I think it's the best Vader saber made yet.

-Joclad

2010...I certainly hope it's better than 2009 was! ::)
10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 06:58:18 PM »
Mine however does not have the semi pointed tip that my Obi-Wan has though. Strange.
Disrespectful and Condescending to Staff.

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 07:00:24 PM »
And neither does mine. I too thought that was strange since my newly acquired Anakin ROTS does have the semi-pointed tip on it. I can only assume that my Anakin was from the very last run of them...

-Joclad

10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline Aluke123

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 07:03:57 PM »
the pointed tips look the same to me...the best rarity (only one i know of), is a STOCK MR ani aotc, but in LED  :o 8) :o 8)
the guy who has it sent it in to MR, and they confirmed their goof, and gave him a COA for it  8) 8)

Lord Maul on TCSS

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 07:05:05 PM »
Nice short review.  The Vader ANH is a nice saber to have. :)

BTW as far as the tips go I noticed the Obi-Wan has it and I think my Anakin ROTS also has the different style tips so I think my Anakin ROTS was one of the last runs.

Edit: I too have the Luke ANH on preorder, can't wait for it.

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 07:11:41 PM »
And I as well have the Luke ANH on pre-order. This thing with MR not renewing the license makes me want to get another Vader ANH and two Luke ANH's so I can have one of each to keep sealed mint. They are after all the 30th Anniversary edition FX sabers.

ALuke, I too heard about that guy getting an Anakin LED AOTC...wasn't sure if it was true or not.

-Joclad

Offline Aluke123

• Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 07:13:35 PM »
he's a member at TCSS. said he'd give me pics when he got a new camera, but i trust he's telling the truth. very nice person  :)

Lord Maul on TCSS

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 07:18:51 PM »
If he is telling the truth I wonder if the Anakin AOTC saber is a prototype and was going to be a new release with the current electronics and smaller hilt..... xxx YOU CORGI!!!!

Sorry....

Offline Aluke123

• Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007, 07:21:50 PM »
no, he got it back a while ago, when the anis were still for sale at MR i think. he got it off ebay, and the seller thought it was a defect  :o

Lord Maul on TCSS

Offline Jedi Tom

• Padawan Learner
  • Twisted by the dark side young Skywalker is.
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2007, 05:37:16 PM »
Cool review man nice one ;D :D ;) :) 8)

retrousse