fiduciary

Author Topic: How many different OM Obi-Wans are there?  (Read 1042 times)

Offline mountainjedi

• Force User
  • The force is strong with this one.
How many different OM Obi-Wans are there?
« on: September 22, 2021, 11:38:02 AM »
Hi! Looking for some info on the question in the title - I know there's the Zenkai/OM version, and the FX-one OM did later, but I also saw somewhere that there was a collab he did with Anakin Starkiller that resulted in a static-only version. So my question is, how many different versions did OM make? And what were the defining features/differences of them?

Thanks!

Offline Darth Smorgis

• Master Force User
Re: How many different OM Obi-Wans are there?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2021, 07:59:07 PM »
That’s a good question.  I’m only aware of the maybe 2 runs he did here on FX-Sabers.  I didn’t realize he did any other collaborations.

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2021, 12:41:11 PM »
i have number #2 obiwan tpm by orbital machining

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline Acerocket

• Formerly known as Wat Tambor
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2021, 07:04:51 AM »
There were 4 different runs of the saber. 
1:  The Zenkai run.  This was s small 10 saber run that was offered for sale on THE RPF forum.  These were based on 3D models I traded Zenkai for (sabers in exchange for using models).  The sabers were installed with LED only, no sound.  Light up real shaved 5mm LEDs but the purple hemi and red button were static and the purple hemi did not light up.  I don't remember the source, but the red buttons were an off the shelf button I purchased somewhere and the Presta bike  valve was also purchased.  The cube rings were an actual ring that sandwiched between the pommel parts.  There was a small recharge port in the covertech which also acted as a level to push a momentary switch that kept the saber lit.  They had a 17670 Li-ion cell and a single die Luxeon star LED and used a 7/8" blade.  These sabers were painted black with a two part epoxy type paint.

2: Anakin Starkiller run.  I don't recall the exact number but I want to say there was about 20-22 sabers in the run.  Based in part on the models I used for the Zenkai saber but with some small tweaks and changes per Anakin Skywalker (I couldn't tell you exactly what without spending hours comparing files - I just don't remember them all).  These were to replicate the hero prop with the threaded rod.  The black parts were cut out of black delrin instead of aluminum.  Still had the single cube ring at the pommel and real shaved 5mm LEds, real Presta bike valve and same red button as with the Zenkai saber.

3:  FX Sabers forum 1st run.  35 saber run.  The design of nearly every part of the Zenkai saber was changed or modified.  Some for machining purposes, some for install purposes and others for dimension and aesthetic reasons.  The pommel cubes were now 6 separate pieces that screwed to the pommel neck, the o-ring behind the shroud was eliminated and the emitter neck extended, the red button was made more accurate to a real blanking cap I had pictures of, The grips and shroud were slightly modified, the red button became a functional switch, the LEDs remained real 5mm shaved LEDs, and the purple hemi became a light up switch.  Black finished were anodized black and the red button anodized red.  These were all installed with Crystal Focus soundboards.  4x blue LEDengin 10W LED, double 14500 7.4V pack, and recharge port hidden in the pommel.  When sold, they included the blade, hero blade plug, a clear acrylic stand, case, and CD with instructions and other information.

4:  FX Sabers forum 2nd run.  This was a 64 saber run.  These were all sold as empty self-install sabers.  Based 100% on the first FX saber forum run, just dusted off files and cut parts again.  An option was offered that included parts to make it an Obi AOTC version with non drilled pommel cubes, changed Presta brass valve and brass hemi, and hero blade plug.  Installation was up to buyer but they were supplied with the rectangular speaker, recharge port setup and copper heatsink and LED can.  None of the extras like the case, stand or CD were included with these sabers.

Hop[e that answers your question.

Offline mountainjedi

• Force User
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2021, 07:23:19 AM »
From the legend himself!! This was exactly what I was looking for - thank you!

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2021, 09:20:45 AM »
and still some of the best sabers in my collection
the 2 things i like most about ace rocket sabers are the push towards accuracy and functionality.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 09:22:20 AM by Scorpion »

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline mountainjedi

• Force User
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2021, 11:03:20 AM »
Agreed! I have one of the Zenkai ones, and even though it’s like 14 years old, it’s still probably the best hilt in my collection.

retrousse