fiduciary

Author Topic: Ob-Wan FX saber by Robiwon  (Read 13884 times)

Offline AAYLA SECURA

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
Re: Ob-Wan FX saber by Robiwon
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2006, 04:40:37 PM »
Nice review and pics, Robiwon. :)
Hasbro Signature Series
Luke Skywalker ANH with Removable Blade
Obi-Wan Kenobi ROTS with Removable Blade
Darth Maul TPM with Removable Blade
Kit Fisto AOTC with Removable Blade
Luke Skywalker ROTJ

Offline Jedi Kure

• Experienced Force User
  • And you will learn your place young one.
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2006, 12:02:26 PM »
This is one saber you don't want to be holding off on.
"This Weapon Is Your Life"

Offline BIGGS DARKLIGHTER

• Formerly known as Heimidal
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Red 3 Standing By
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2006, 12:55:33 PM »
Just got mine today!!  This thing is VERY nice. Also very easy to get fingerprints all over too =) Even though I had heard that it was entirely metal I was still surprised at the weight of the saber as it really is pretty heavy!

Offline Jedi Kure

• Experienced Force User
  • And you will learn your place young one.
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2006, 09:31:43 PM »
Just got mine today!! This thing is VERY nice. Also very easy to get fingerprints all over too =) Even though I had heard that it was entirely metal I was still surprised at the weight of the saber as it really is pretty heavy!

Congradulations on what i think is the best fx saber to date.
"This Weapon Is Your Life"

Offline Lord Clueless

• Force User
  • Saber Lord
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2007, 09:20:19 PM »
love ur review! :o

Offline Jedi Tom

• Padawan Learner
  • Twisted by the dark side young Skywalker is.
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2007, 11:49:22 PM »
Love the pics and i very much love the review man that was cool :)

Offline SaberLight

• No Force
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2007, 08:29:26 PM »
After reading Robiwon's review I just had to get this Obi-Wan FX saber! Fry's Electronics carries quite a few of these at $89.99 (as well as the Mace Windu at $89.99 and the Darth Maul at $99.99). The Obi-Wan saber I purchased today had some dark spots on the blade and I immediately returned it for one with a much better blade.

INTERESTING NOTE 1: The returns manager at Fry's told me that they get their MR sabers through HASBRO! Has anybody heard that Hasbro is an MR distributor?

INTERESTING NOTE 2: A Fry's salesman told me that a customer had just come in and purchased 67 MR lightsabers! Is he starting his own Jedi militia group or something?

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2007, 12:41:29 PM »
Thanks. I'm glad you like the Obi-Wan. It's a great saber. Oh, and by the way, that sound board is on it's way.
Disrespectful and Condescending to Staff.

Offline SaberLight

• No Force
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2007, 08:06:21 PM »
Thanks Robiwon for sending me the sound board. As of today (Saturday) I have not yet received it.

The second Obi-Wan saber I got from Fry's (it was an exchange for the first one that had a bad blade) malfunctioned! The first day I had it the sound started to fail. The volume would intermittently drop to a low level and was full of static. One time the blade lit up but there was no sound. As I prepared to return it, I fired it up one last time and the bottom part of the blade near the hilt would not light up! So I returned it and got a third one. Third times a charm? I hope so.

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2007, 04:49:49 AM »
If it happens again I would buy from somewhere else. They may be playing with them in the back room. When I buy a saber in a store I would take a fresh set of batteries with me and try it before I walk out. Let me know when the board gets there.
Disrespectful and Condescending to Staff.

Offline Darthmischief

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2007, 11:27:52 AM »
 Hi Saberlight

I just bought a Single Maul and an Obi-wan from Fry's.  The Obi is the brightest blue I've seen from MR-although I call it more blue-white than blue. Which Fry's are you shopping at?

Offline SaberLight

• No Force
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2007, 04:27:25 PM »
Hey Darthmischief-

I agree with you that the Obi is the brightest blue - it is even brighter than my Luke ESB. It is unfortunate that I didn't get to Fry's in time to take advantage of their recent $67 sale on the Anakin saber!

I hope your sabers remain operational. Keep us posted. So far my third Obi-wan saber is still functioning. I fire it up every few days just to make sure it hasn't failed like the second one did.

Offline Darthmischief

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2007, 05:31:05 PM »
 Hey Saberlight

Yup! I ended up DIY converting my Anakin ROTS to a Guardian Blue Lux III- which contrary to most people's experience was not as bright as the Obi-wan Stock MR! The Obi is one nice saber- no doubt about it!

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2007, 11:34:24 PM »
After reading Robiwon's review I just had to get this Obi-Wan FX saber! Fry's Electronics carries quite a few of these at $89.99 (as well as the Mace Windu at $89.99 and the Darth Maul at $99.99). The Obi-Wan saber I purchased today had some dark spots on the blade and I immediately returned it for one with a much better blade.

INTERESTING NOTE 1: The returns manager at Fry's told me that they get their MR sabers through HASBRO! Has anybody heard that Hasbro is an MR distributor?

INTERESTING NOTE 2: A Fry's salesman told me that a customer had just come in and purchased 67 MR lightsabers! Is he starting his own Jedi militia group or something?

REPLY 1: That is strange, but not unheard of, sometimes retail sales people don't know what they are talking about. I've worked with many of them! :)

REPLY 2: Two words...... EBAY SELLER!

Offline Darth Matth

• Master Force User
  • You think I'm mad? Guess what,... I'm Darth Matth!
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2007, 12:14:39 PM »

Note 2.... I think he's preparing a 'take over'.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 12:16:33 PM by Darth Matth »

Signature teleports you to my lightsaber collection

retrousse