fiduciary

Author Topic: A real Working Lightsaber concept.  (Read 5342 times)

Offline s28400

• Padawan Learner
A real Working Lightsaber concept.
« on: December 30, 2009, 06:12:34 PM »
I have been thinking for quite a while now and everyone thinks plasma is what makes up the light saber blade. At first I thought no way. But then I looked into it. Plasma being the fourth state of matter is extremely hot which makes it a good fit for the job. On the other hand it is a gas and takes huge amounts of power to create. It is also a gas not a hard solid. Knowing this I decided that the handheld version would be physically impossible unless you can make a nuclear reactor the size of soup can.
What you would have to do is make a magnetic felid that forms a tube according to your blade. Then you would have to make plasma that is propelled out of the "emitter". Since plasma is repelled by magnetism it would in there form a "blade" shape. I think this is in our reach within the near future.  :o :o :o

Offline ASAJJ VENTRESS

• you think YOU have a bad hair day...
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Simple isn't always easy.
    • Gemini Concepts
Re: A real Working Lightsaber concept.
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 06:18:26 PM »
interesting...

You might want to read what everyone has to say in this thread:
http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=7974.0

For everything you gain, you lose something else.

How "Freedom of Speech" works:  you have the freedom to say whatever you want, BUT you also have the freedom to suffer the consequences

Dream Big, Build Bigger.

Offline s28400

• Padawan Learner
Re: A real Working Lightsaber concept.
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 09:22:27 PM »
Yea I saw it. But you know what lots of people thought the titanic would never sink. And look what happend.  Just saying

retrousse