fiduciary

Author Topic: FREE FONT: Ancient Guardian Sword (Legend of Zelda:Breath of the Wild)  (Read 8260 times)

Offline ded99

• No Force
  • Look ma, no life.
Guardian/Ancient weapons Saberfont, From The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

After searching FAR and wide for any saberfont that even remotely resembled these awesome weapons, I gave up after finding nothing and decided to make my own.

It's for CFX and smooth swing.

This is the first font I made so bear with me.

please feel free to reply with any tips and tricks for saberfont making in the future, constructive criticism welcome.

Don't forget to copy and paste a "font_configs" and "leds" from another smooth swing font before starting up.

Dropbox - ANCIENT_TECH - Simplify your life
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 08:16:10 PM by ded99 »

Offline null

• No Force
Dude! Excellent job!

I just previewed the files on my computer and they sound great; I'm gonna load this one up tomorrow and play around with it (I'm a dead man if I wake the kids up at this time of the night  :angel:)

I'll report back tomorrow.

- Steve
Thank you George Lucas for starting it all...

Offline null

• No Force
Hey ded99

So I loaded the font up and played around with it. The sounds are great - really good quality samples - but there is some choppiness when switching between .wav files. Did you blend a little of the "hum" underneath / into the other sounds?

I'm not using a smooth swing board mind you - not sure if that could be the issue. Hopefully someone with a CFX will chime in with some results.

All in all still a great idea for a font. I can see it being really good (and with your permission I'd like to give a shot at editing it a bit)

- Steve
Thank you George Lucas for starting it all...

Offline ded99

• No Force
  • Look ma, no life.
I think because you're not using a hybrid/polyphonic board it tries to switch between the sound bytes and the hum track instead of playing the hum underneath, I did not mix a bit of the hum underneath each of the sounds.

If you want to mess around with it feel free.

Im thinking of updating this font in the near future because I'm not 100% happy with it, so keep an eye out for an updated version in the coming days/weeks.

Also if you can think of anything this font needs, or would like to see in this font specifically let me know and I might be able to make it happen.

-Dan

Offline ded99

• No Force
  • Look ma, no life.
UPDATE:

It's Pretty much a new saberfont.
Every sound is different. I also included the first version inside the second.

More/different smooth swing pairs.

New: Clashes, Blasters, lockup, endlocks.

CFX smooth swing compatible

Breath of the Wild has been a part of my life for years now and I feel so accomplished after completing this font. It's free because I don't care about the money, I care about spreading art and creativity. Please share this with whomever you feel will enjoy it.

Dropbox - ANCIENT_TECHV2 - Simplify your life
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 03:59:39 PM by ded99 »

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
Thanks for sharing!

Offline Kbug316

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Hello, to my following question, when I tried this with a Xenopixel nothing worked whatsoever, I was just wondering if you could maybe add support for Xenopixel as well?

Ps. this font is the only font I found because I looked everywhere for this exact one and I had no luck whatsoever, on your behalf it would be nice if you could add support for Xenopixel Boards

retrousse