fiduciary

Author Topic: Caine's review of his SID.  (Read 6631 times)

Offline EXAR KUN

• SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
Re: Caine's review of his SID.
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2015, 11:48:14 AM »
Jinn, The SID is not a dueler, it has a shallow blade depth and the emitter/blade holder is held on by a set screw. This is a show piece. You can do choreography with it, but blade to blade contact would not be a good idea.

What sithslayer1 said.

Also, with only 1 screw holding on the BH, dueling would not be the best of ideas. I have since replaced the set screw with a thumbscrew for added stability, (since it would get loose from me just swinging it around) but no dueling with it at all.

What if it was treason?

Offline master jinn

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2015, 12:18:13 PM »
Jinn, The SID is not a dueler, it has a shallow blade depth and the emitter/blade holder is held on by a set screw. This is a show piece. You can do choreography with it, but blade to blade contact would not be a good idea.

What sithslayer1 said.

Also, with only 1 screw holding on the BH, dueling would not be the best of ideas. I have since replaced the set screw with a thumbscrew for added stability, (since it would get loose from me just swinging it around) but no dueling with it at all.

Sithslayer1 and Caine, thank you for your comments. I saw that a SID with blade look very much like traditional sabers. Looked liked it can be an excellent "illuminated" training saber with a good balance.  Sounds like dueling is out, though it would be better if the blade holder can be modded to work better.

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2015, 10:21:38 PM »
lol, if this was 2011 I would most likely be trying to find ways to mod it, then filming a vid to prove that it COULD be a dueler, haha (kind of like when everyone said that a MKVI's neck would snap - even if it was aluminum - during dueling (which I proved wrong many a time).

But in this case, there is no need and I a very happy with it (as is my son, haha)

Offline master jinn

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2015, 05:57:28 PM »
In a way I wish that you would try to prove that the SID is duel-worthy. More interesting that way.

Still SID looks like a great little saber that is a loads of fun. Certainly meets you and your son's approval.

Offline Caine

• Kwai Chang Caine master of duel-fu
  • Master Force User
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2015, 06:31:25 PM »
In a way I wish that you would try to prove that the SID is duel-worthy. More interesting that way.

Still SID looks like a great little saber that is a loads of fun. Certainly meets you and your son's approval.

Sorry sir, this dueler is retired. I am more focused on forms these days. However,  I wouldn't foresee it being that hard. One more set screw on each side and I can see it being able to be dueled with.

Offline master jinn

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2015, 11:08:15 PM »
I'm thinking of blade holder revision, though I'll know better when my SIDs show up. Two set screws could be the easiest solution.

Offline Lord Dracus

• Master Force User
  • "The force is mine to command."
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2015, 07:16:04 PM »
Great review Caine! I have been away for so long that I missed out on some of these spectacular lightsaber runs. :-[

retrousse