fiduciary

Author Topic: The Auction Thread- LDM's Scratch-Machined TOR Gladius with CFv7  (Read 7058 times)

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Call 1-800-GENERAL now!
  • SITH/EMPIRE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • The Saber Artist formerly known as LDM
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
LDM's Scratch-Machined TOR Gladius with CFv7

The build album will be available to all bidders on request.

The starting bid is $1500 (paypal fee included) + Shipping

***A 1" blade is NOT included, but available to the winner for $23 (charger not included, but available to the winner for $18). 

*** I reserve the right to end this auction if it sells on my website prior to auction's end.  If there are documented bids here, and I receive an offer on my site, I will post said offer here as a bid in this auction to allow all parties a fair chance.

**This saber includes the stock 12 CFv7 fonts, additional fonts are available for purchase on saberfont.com. 

***The Auction starts now and ends Saturday, March 29th, 2014 at 9:59:59 PM PST (yes, in the evening local time). 
*note: if there are no bids by Saturday, then this auction will remain up until there is an initial bid, at which time the 24 hours clock will start and the auction will end 24 hours thereafter.

**Post bids in this thread. Please post in bid increments of $10 or more  If you bid in less than $10 increments, I will accept that you have read this and agree to the minimum $10 increase ;)
If you want to increase it by $12.37, or $37.84, or $59.69, then by all means...go ahead...

***Please feel free to post questions/comments here as well.  Auction rules are listed below.

Original Thread:
Scratch TOR Gladius with CFv7 by LDM

As in the past, the original description is likely the best, so I have included it below:

Well, this one has been tantalizingly sitting on my build log for nearly a year so I finally just decided to finish it.  I used the hilt to beta test the CFv7 and figured that it deserved to be my first CFv7 saber for public consumption.  This saber started life as a plain aluminum tube.  Machine-fu was employed to craft it into my vision of a Gladius.  A few have been done previously and this one is my take on it.  The fellas at Force Relics helped me out with the 3D design of my double-box set up and it is printed in stainless steel.  The red main switch is stained polycarbonate machined by me. The Aux switch is hidden in the second (smaller) box.  The grip is wrapped in a gorgeous textured brown leather and the saber is matte weathered overall.  I finished her off with a slightly offset CT wheel (yes, on purpose to avoid he box hitting the leg).  The Crystal Pommel is color-matched to the blade.  The font set is the full CFv7 stock set and each has a different blade and FoC color tuned via RICE.  The RICE port is hidden inside the pommel and behind the Machined resonance chamber.  She is small-ish over all (basically a 1:1 replica) at 10.75" long.  I am very proud of this one and I hope folks like it.

Particulars:
100% Scratch LDM Gladius hilt
Crystal Focus Saber Core v7, 3.7V Hack (Stock font package, font and blade color listed below)
Custom BH/Optics Module
12mm red Ring AV switch (main power) with Stained Polycarbonate button
Low profile/Hidden Aux Switch
Luxeon Rebel RGB
Triple-baked matte Weathering
3.7V (dual 14500) 1800 mAh pack
LDM 26mm HO speaker in Machined Resonance
RGB color-matched Crystal Pommel
Leather-wrapped grip
SS 3D printed boxes
Knurled Red-Cone Kill key

The HD BMT (From YouTube...was too big for photobucket):

Gladius, A Scratch "The Old Republic" Lightsaber by LDM - YouTube

The Glams:

This auction will be conducted using the "Wat Rules" (listed below):

With the problems that arose in the auction for the second saber last night, I am amending the auction rules regarding ending time for this final auction.

I honestly had not considered the problems that could arise when a person tries to make a last minute bid and gets the '...while you were posting, someone else posted...' message that would delay their bid.  So, to try and make it a little more fair, here is what I am going to do.

The auction will now end at x:xx PM PST on  xx/xx/201x.  This will give people a chance to read these new rules and make sure everyone is on the same page.  I do not feel it would be right to change the rules with just a little over 12 hours left on the auction.  So I am extending the ending time by 24 hours.

At x:xx PM PST on  xx/xx/201x, bidding will conclude.  But I will allow 'final' bids after that time as long as they fall within a short enough interval between bids.  Bidding will end once a five minute interval has passed between any two bids after the (for example) 8:00 PM end time.

For example, member X posts his bid of 1750 at 7:59:53.  Member Z posts his bid of 1825 at 7:59:55 but gets the recent post message and by the time he resubmits his bid, the time shows 8:00:12.  I would still accept the late bid. 

I will not say that once you place a bid after the 8:00 PM PST deadline, you are forbidden to post another bid.  The reason being, I think it might be abused and someone may wait until a member posts his 'final' bid after the 8:00 deadline and then decides to outbid him by a dollar.  I will let bidding continue as long need be after the 8:00 PM MST deadline so long as the bids keep coming in succession.  Once a 5 minute interval has passed (this allows everyone to refresh the page, post a bid, re-post if necessary and see their post) between two bids, the bidding will end.

Following on with the previous example.  Member Z posted his 1825 bid at 8:00:12.  Member Q also had a problem posting his bid at 7:59:58 and his bid of 1800 was posted at 8:00:16.  Member Q sees his bid posted after 8:00 and it is not the winning bid.  He then posts a new bid of 1850 at 8:00:45.  He is now the leading bid even though he posted after 8:00 PM.  This may continue for several minutes with various members posting, re-posting, and refreshing.  Member A posts his bid of 1945 at 8:07:36 and he is now the high bidder.  All other bidders have decided they have reached their limit.  Now, if one of two things happens, the auction ends.  If more than 5 minutes passes after member A's bid of 1945 and no one else makes a bid, the auction ends and member A is the winner.  Or if member X decides he can swing a little more and posts a bid of 1950 at 8:12:52 it will have been more than 5 minutes and his bid will not count.

I am trying to be as fair as possible. I realize this forum is not eBay, but I want to give customers as much of a chance as possible. 

Offline MACE WINDU

• Formerly known as Nightstorm
  • JEDI/ALLIANCE Master MODERATOR
  • Master Force User
  • Do you have a problem with purple?
Re: The Auction Thread- LDM's Scratch-Machined TOR Gladius with CFv7
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 05:00:45 PM »
$1,500 :)

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 06:11:11 PM »
3:49 left to go...

Offline Xene

• Master Force User
  • Sup?
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 09:34:04 PM »
if you didnt already has all my monies id be offering XD
"What I lack in finesse I more than make up for in blanket ruination.."

Offline Turgon

• Master Force User
  • Epic Bear sez " Can I haz two?"
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 11:32:21 AM »
I like your auctions that start at $350. This is an awesome saber but to pricy right now.

I've broken Juggers in half, smashed their bones, left the ground behind me wet with brains. There's nothing I wouldn't do to win. But I never hurt anyone for any reason other than sticking a dog's skull on a stake.

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2014, 03:25:02 PM »
I like your auctions that start at $350. This is an awesome saber but to pricy right now.

LOL, yeah I can't start all of them there ;)  MACE really wanted this one.  I knew it was academic that he would win...trust me, I know how that brotha's mind works and y'all didn't stand a chance on this one.  ^-^

Congrats MACE...I am sure I have a PM from you.  On the road (PM's on my phone suck), will grab it when I get in tonight.

Offline Turgon

• Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2014, 09:34:00 PM »
Had I known that I would never have won,  I would have bid.  LOL. Retroactive $5576.47!

I've broken Juggers in half, smashed their bones, left the ground behind me wet with brains. There's nothing I wouldn't do to win. But I never hurt anyone for any reason other than sticking a dog's skull on a stake.

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2014, 09:44:27 PM »
Had I known that I would never have won,  I would have bid.  LOL. Retroactive $5576.47!

Woooooohooooooo!  Go get him MACE!!!  Oh wait...it ended?  Crud. ^-^

Offline MACE WINDU

• Master Force User
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2014, 03:18:50 AM »
LOL, well I was prepared to do my best to Outbid anyone, but I'm just as happy I didn't have to :)  Other expenses being what they are and all. 

This is an expensive hobby.  And sometimes its best not to think how many sabers one actually owns.  Over fifty and counting.  When you start to run out of space to display them....meh.  You just might have a problem.

"Hi I'm Mace...and I'm a saberholic."  *Hi Mace!*

I dunno...collect responsibly :D  There are a lot of more destructive things I could be doing :)

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2014, 09:47:48 PM »
LOL, well I was prepared to do my best to Outbid anyone, but I'm just as happy I didn't have to :)  Other expenses being what they are and all. 

This is an expensive hobby.  And sometimes its best not to think how many sabers one actually owns.  Over fifty and counting.  When you start to run out of space to display them....meh.  You just might have a problem.

"Hi I'm Mace...and I'm a saberholic."  *Hi Mace!*

I dunno...collect responsibly :D  There are a lot of more destructive things I could be doing :)

True indeed.  There are many more destructive things than collecting really cool electronic devices. 

Offline Turgon

• Master Force User
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2014, 12:28:02 AM »

True indeed.  There are many more destructive things than collecting really cool electronic devices.

Well, I for one can buy sabers and build my doomsday device as well.  But hey, I don't have any friends -- well, except for my wife and kids but I pay them so they don't count -- so I have plenty of time to build my planet buster and train my clear visored stormtroopers in in marksmanship.

Offline GENERAL GRIEVOUS

• Master Force User
    • ldmcustomsabers.com
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2014, 02:45:08 PM »

Well, I for one can buy sabers and build my doomsday device as well.  But hey, I don't have any friends -- well, except for my wife and kids but I pay them so they don't count -- so I have plenty of time to build my planet buster and train my clear visored stormtroopers in in marksmanship.

But your situation is unique.  Not many have the time to build a planet buster AND collect sabers.    ^-^

Offline MACE WINDU

• Master Force User
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2014, 09:12:42 AM »
I wanted to post and say how freaking awesome this saber really is.  LDM you did an incredible job on this.  Totally from scratch and bang on to the concept art.  The color matching crystal pommel is a beautiful touch.  And it matches the main LED PERFECTLY.  Not even a slight difference in shade.  I converted all twelve of my TOR fonts to full CF7 compatibility and loaded this baby up.

Well done sir!

Offline EXAR KUN

• Master Force User
  • Formerly known as SpaceWindu
    • My YouTube channel: youtube.com/spacewindu
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2014, 11:22:50 AM »
I wanted to post and say how freaking awesome this saber really is.  LDM you did an incredible job on this.  Totally from scratch and bang on to the concept art.  The color matching crystal pommel is a beautiful touch.  And it matches the main LED PERFECTLY.  Not even a slight difference in shade.  I converted all twelve of my TOR fonts to full CF7 compatibility and loaded this baby up.

Well done sir!

That's awesome! Congrats Mace!

This saber is exeptional.

retrousse