fiduciary

Author Topic: Review by Nartules of a Judge Saber Smith Custom P.C. 1.2 Saber  (Read 1377 times)

Offline nartules

• Master Force User
I recently picked up a saber from GreyJedi from an ebay auction.  I originally saw the hilt when Judge Saber Smith posted it on the forum.  I loved the design then, but was in no position to purchase it, so when I saw it come back up on the market I jumped at the opportunity to own it.  I remember Judge Saber Smith commenting how it had once been his own personal saber, I scoured the forum trying to locate its name, but I don’t know if it was ever given one.  Since all my other custom sabers possess a unique name I decided to provide this one, with a nod to its creator.

So without further ado I present

‘Judgment’

Statistics:

Seoul P4 Green LED
7-color RGB crystal chamber LED
7.4v battery pack
Plecter Labs Petit Crouton v1.2.
Shatterpoint sound font loaded

Additional Pics:

When I first turned on the hilt I expected the Crystal Chamber LED to cycle through the colors one by one, but did not expect how dynamic a range of combinations it would yield.  I must say I was pleasently surprised by this. 

I have commissioned a few custom sabers from smiths on the forum in the past, and I know when putting up the initial designs that I thought good and hard about how I would hold the saber and so when I played with the saber for the first time with my son outside I could not help but wonder how did John hold it?

After a few swings I decided I liked a two handed grip with one hand on the lower grip section and the other half on/half off the crystal chamber.

This is the first P.C. powered saber I have held and the sounds are crisp and clear from the pitch of the hum to the blaster blocks.  The clash and lockup effects are impressive as well.  While not as responsive as a Crystal Focus board the P.C. handled remarkably well, the swings were better than a MR board and just as good as a US board, but unlike a US board the clashes responded remarkably well and never accidentally triggered while swinging the saber.

All in all, the saber was given a great design and I feel privileged to own it.  It is a long hilt like the watchman (they are exactly the same length for any who are wondering) and it seems to be heavier towards the emitter but this is a good thing and makes it handle different than most of my other sabers which are usually heftier along the rear grip section.

So here is a small video I shot of the saber lit up, I hope you all enjoy.

Time will bring the real end of our trial.  One day they'll be no remnants

Offline Darth Kevin .T

• Master Force User
  • At last the Snugi are no more!
    • My youtube page
Re: Review by Nartules of a Judge Saber Smith Custom P.C. 1.2 Saber
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 06:46:15 PM »
You got one really cool saber there! :o

Ive been watching this saber when it was on ebay, im glad to see it went to a good home. Very nice review btw and im digging the name you gave it hahah!

I really like the crystal chamber I think its the best feature on it  8)

Offline pimpinx7

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 09:58:34 PM »
i really like how clean and simple it is, yet it has enough detail to keep it interesting!

Offline hullbreach

• Master Force User
  • Too dangerous to be kept alive
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2011, 10:56:06 PM »
so you're the lucky duck. nice price on that saber too. grats!

retrousse