fiduciary

Author Topic: Proffie OS error  (Read 851 times)

Offline mech65

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Proffie OS error
« on: December 07, 2020, 10:47:39 AM »
Hello all
This my first Proffie and I am trying to download a configuration to it. I have been reading extensively on the Proffie site and following some online tutorials. Everything checks out until I hit the arrow button and a few seconds later this error pops up.

Proffie OS :41:2: error #endif without
#if
#endif
^
exit status 1
#endif without #if

Any guidance would appreciated

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
  • Very, Very English Poster
Re: Proffie OS error
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2020, 12:43:32 PM »
Good news, that's simple. That means that somewhere in your file, you have a line of code that terminates with an #endif without the corresponding #if statement to start it.

Bad news: that means that somewhere in the OS files, you are missing an #if. And without knowing where, and what you have modified, that could be anywhere.

The easiest fix is probably to take your ProffieOS folder, delete it, download it again and start configuring it from scratch.
Better late than never.

Offline mech65

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2020, 01:20:38 PM »
Ok, thanks. I will have a quick look at the configuration and if nothing pops up I will delete and start over. Will report back.

Offline mech65

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2020, 05:33:59 PM »
I deleted the config file I made and used the sample configuration file on Fredrik’s install instructions. The result was the same error as above.

Offline SirRawThunderMan

• Master Force User
  • Very, Very English Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2020, 03:04:37 AM »
I deleted the config file I made and used the sample configuration file on Fredrik’s install instructions. The result was the same error as above.

Right, then if it's not in your config file, then it's in the OS. Did you make any changes to any other other proffieOS files? And could you copy your config file to pastebin or something, so I can have a look at it?

The easiest fix is to start again. Delete the proffieOS files, download them again, start over.
Better late than never.

Offline mech65

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2020, 04:10:09 AM »
Thanks, I will start from a clean slate then.

Offline mech65

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2020, 05:37:36 PM »
I started from scratch and tried to download my original config. There were still multiple errors. I then tried the original config stock from the Proffie site. No problem downloading. So I guess I will have to look at my config more closely..
Thankyou SirRawThunderMan for your  help.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 07:19:56 PM by mech65 »

retrousse