fiduciary

Author Topic: Skinnyflex run progress  (Read 56619 times)

Offline Dark Navel

• Master Force User
Re: Skinnyflex run progress
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2014, 01:03:40 PM »
Any updates...not pressing just inquiring to see how to handle funds right now.

Offline Acerocket

• Formerly known as Wat Tambor
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2014, 01:43:21 PM »
Any updates...not pressing just inquiring to see how to handle funds right now.

Not much since the last update.  I've got a few more things finished, and a couple things half done.  I am putting these on the back burner for a while right now.  72 sabers is a huge run and I have been working on these every weekend for at least 4 months.  I am going to do some work on the LEGACY run and maybe try and get the plates milled for the Black Mamba run over the next month or so.  Then I will get back to the Skinnyflex.  I need to balance the workload because I am getting burned out on the Skinny flex and need to take a break from them.  I will try and finish up the last one or two parts I have in progress and then post some update pictures soon.

As far as completion, I have no idea whatsoever.  Probably not until later this year.  They will most likely not be finished in the next three or four months if that is what you are asking.

Offline Obi_Dar

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2014, 06:57:42 PM »
Take your time.  This is going to be an epic saber, and will be worth the wait.

Offline RyDiddy

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2014, 07:15:49 PM »
No problems here. It just means that I'll have plenty of time to save up funds for the awesome install.  ^-^

Offline Dark Navel

• Master Force User
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2014, 05:40:32 PM »
Thanks for the update

Offline basalter

• Experienced Force User
    • A pinch of Salter
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2014, 01:51:09 AM »
I think that the love you have for this hobby, the skill and thoroughness you ensure with each and every part, as well as the desire for advancing saber building, offering people classic, if not improved, sabers ,as well as the most ground breaking designs I have seen since the Killer Penny, is an awful lot for one person to undertake. The quantity is something a small business might take on, but one person, part time?..it is amazing the amount of work you produce Wat, and at a level of artisan. So to find things taking a little longer than you hoped is something (hopefully) that the community allow for.

Offline Darkjedi

• Master Force User
  • I love Star Wars so much ,I married her!
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2014, 03:22:10 AM »
Bravo!  The maestro took a break. No problem.

This is a design that would not happen unless you took it on.

Yes,don't burn yourself out. Everyone needs rest. Those other ones on the plate are so amazing :o Mamba :o. Epic!

Have a good one and good morning!

MTFBWYA

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2014, 07:58:59 AM »
Thanks for the update, appreciate it. No worries, it's ready when it's ready.

Offline Track Faolan

• No Force
  • Trying to find my thing in the universe
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2014, 01:48:24 AM »
I'm still interested in a spot if something falls through I was too slow, but finals ate me:/ please let me know

Offline scottjua

• Master Force User
    • Scott and Tem Photography
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2014, 03:19:44 PM »
what's the progress on this one?

Hasbro Darth Vader Removable Blade
OR Qui Gon CFLS w/Makoto Green
MR Luke V2 LE
MR Qui Gon LE
EFX Ahsoka
Real Parts Obi Wan ANH (90%)

Offline Acerocket

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2014, 03:40:38 PM »
what's the progress on this one?

I will be getting back on to these in a week or two.  I spent nearly 4 months doing nothing but the skinnyflex and I was facing a burnout on it.  I was hoping I would have been back to them by now, but with the recovery from the back surgery and some other personal matters (including adopting our foster son) I found that the other runs were taking a bit longer than I had planned.  Now that the Black Mamba has reached a 'milestone' I can set it aside for a while to work on the skinnyflex again.  I still have some work on the Legacy, but it is mostly mill work so I have the lathe freeing up to get back to the skinnyflex parts in the next week or so.  I can't make any predictions on a time line, but I will be working on them again as soon as I can.

Offline Sith Emperor

• Padawan Learner
  • Let the hate flow through you!
« Reply #56 on: September 15, 2014, 06:41:49 PM »
Hey Wat,
Congratulations on adopting a foster son. Ill start by saying adopting is one of the best gifts you can give any child. You are in for some fun and exciting times man!!

I have a 6 and 1 year old (both boys) we have a blast. I couldnt imagine my life without them...... each day is an adventure as you will come to figure out.
Again Congrats that is awesome!!!! :D

Offline McAllister

• Experienced Force User
  • Evil will always triumph... because good is dumb
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2014, 11:34:18 AM »
Any updates?

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2014, 12:49:13 PM »
just wondering if i can request a progress update wat? its been a long time since anythings been shown

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline Acerocket

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2014, 01:10:58 PM »
Funny you should ask - an update was indeed planned for this week.

With the exception of the grip bars, the rear half section is complete.  And yes, those are numbered covertechs.  With the exception of the rear grip bars, the back half is more or less finished in terms of machining.  The rear grip half, covertech, two different insert versions, knurl section and front band are done.  All I have on the box section is the base box completed.  The blade holder, heatsink, chassis mount, spring plate and threaded rods are also finished.  IN progress I have the blade and hero necks and blade and hero emitter ends.  I have the brass hero emitter detail started.  I made a test front half this past weekend as I need it to test fitment of some of the next parts.  And just for the record, in that first picture, there are already over 1300 parts for 72 sabers sitting there.  My biggest frustrations so far has been that the milling work takes so much longer than turning work.  At one point, I had 8 different parts turned and waiting for time on the mill.  And with the remaining parts, there will be a whole lot more mill time needed on these.  I don't even want to think about how long it's going to take to mill 420+ grip bars.

Up next, after the first of the year (taking a break here for Christmas next week) I will start mill work on the hero and blade necks and emitter parts and start turning the copper eye and copper button bases, bezels and buttons.  After those, I will most likely do the remaining box parts, then the ears and wrap up with the grip bars.

No, I do not have a time frame, so please don't ask.  I am working on them, but 72 sabers with this much mill work is taking a long time to complete (for example, 4 and a half weekends just to turn and mill the rear grip sections alone).

Oh, and because someone will ask:

retrousse