fiduciary

Author Topic: LEGACY – The Killer Penny tribute run  (Read 44524 times)

Offline basalter

• Experienced Force User
    • A pinch of Salter
Re: LEGACY – The Killer Penny tribute run
« Reply #120 on: November 25, 2014, 07:26:30 PM »

I picked up an unassuming box from the PO this morning, but what contents it held! Apologies for rough pics (hand shaking) The workmanship, the precision of every part, could not slip a piece of tissue paper in between the switch plate and its mount. I wonder whether a new topic is suitable for Legacy owners to post arrivals and progress? or keep them all here? Anyway, my thanks Erik, I will not bother trying to describe the feelings experienced upon first seeing and holding this piece. I would not do justice to the wonder of the moment. Look forward to other images from those lucky enough to be in on this run.
 Please note: the blu-tack 'gunk' on a piece in photo five is my work, just to hold it there for a second.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 07:31:51 PM by basalter »

Offline Corbin_Das

• Force User
  • Keeper of the Killer Penny
« Reply #121 on: December 05, 2014, 11:00:54 PM »
Looks great.  I can't wait to receive mine.

Basalter:

Instead of the "blu tack gunk", why not use something like epoxy or E6000?

Offline basalter

• Experienced Force User
    • A pinch of Salter
« Reply #122 on: December 06, 2014, 02:09:54 AM »

Basalter:

Instead of the "blu tack gunk", why not use something like epoxy or E6000?
Well Corbin, as you are the designer and owner of the Original Killer Penny, I will take this as sage advice. I have given the Legacy a polish since the last photos (even though Wats' finish was fine enough, with no real visible machine marks whatsoever) and these materials (that the Legacy is made of) are so beautiful together. Brass and copper have such a worldly, almost alive, charm. I am chafing at the bit to see others when they arrive. I guess now I just have to wait for the next run of CF 7s'. Not that that has stopped me from running around the backyard swishing and swooping at imaginary foes.
Is this any way for a 50 year old man to be acting?
'YES!' I shout, from the highest slippery slide I can find!

Offline Darth Smorgis

• Master Force User
« Reply #123 on: December 06, 2014, 05:28:02 AM »
I am chafing at the bit to see others when they arrive. I guess now I just have to wait for the next run of CF 7s'.

Mine is with my installer at the moment, but as you mentioned everyone is most likely waiting for a fresh batch of CFv7's before we see any completed installs.  It will be very interesting to see what direction everyone goes with these.  Mine will be fairly basic: GGR tri-led, full green bargraph, CFv7.X, possibly a CeX for blade colors green through red.  No fancy crystal reveal for mine planned at the moment.  I dont believe a hilt of this quality needs a lot of bells and whistles to make it shine.

Offline basalter

• Experienced Force User
    • A pinch of Salter
« Reply #124 on: December 06, 2014, 05:58:37 AM »
Thanks for that info Darth Smorgis. I had talked to a few others about theirs, would they be interested to chip and and mention what they had planned? And actually, come to think of it, I would love to know if Wat is going to leave his as a tribute to his machining skills, or do an install of some sort?

Offline Darth Smorgis

• Master Force User
« Reply #125 on: December 09, 2014, 03:57:45 PM »
Received an unboxing video from my installer today.  Took a few screen shots of the unveiling.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 04:09:07 PM by Darth Smorgis »

Offline basalter

• Experienced Force User
    • A pinch of Salter
« Reply #126 on: December 09, 2014, 04:51:42 PM »
Very happy for you mate! Would LOVE to see a video, or even some shots of it lit. (I loved the aluminium cylinder/blade plug that Wat used to protect the brass shroud, it was almost a small saber in itself!)

Offline Darth Smorgis

• Master Force User
« Reply #127 on: December 09, 2014, 05:13:08 PM »
The saber is not finished, so there won't be any pics or video with the blade lit up.  This was simply my installer taking the saber out of the box as received directly from Wat.  Did not mean to confuse you.  Will be a while still before the installation is done.

Offline Clark Kent

• Master Force User
« Reply #128 on: December 09, 2014, 05:16:57 PM »
wow that is nice. makes me wish i got one now  :(

Offline basalter

• Experienced Force User
    • A pinch of Salter
« Reply #129 on: December 09, 2014, 06:35:38 PM »
The saber is not finished, so there won't be any pics or video with the blade lit up.  This was simply my installer taking the saber out of the box as received directly from Wat.  Did not mean to confuse you.  Will be a while still before the installation is done.
My bad Darth Smorgis, did not read post correctly. Hope you get to enjoy it (relatively) soon!

Offline Sith Emperor

• Padawan Learner
  • Let the hate flow through you!
« Reply #130 on: December 10, 2014, 08:57:42 PM »
Man I can only imagine how awesome one of these looks in person. The nicest hilt I have ever seen. Congrats to those who got them! Enjoy :D

Offline Acerocket

• Formerly known as Wat Tambor
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #131 on: December 12, 2014, 04:10:40 PM »
Wow, talk about snail mail shipping.  It's only been two and a half weeks but those 'freebies' finally showed up today.   The remaining boxes are all packed and will be shipped tomorrow.

Offline basalter

• Experienced Force User
    • A pinch of Salter
« Reply #132 on: December 12, 2014, 05:12:22 PM »
I am truly excited for my fellow Legacy owners soon to receive their sabers. I practiced (for about thirty seconds) last night twirling mine, and this morning I think I have damaged something. I want to write 'ha ha' after this, but it hurts! WHY, why did I think I had in my little twig arms (wrists) the power to yield such an AWESOME saber!!!!

Offline JediWizard

• Master Force User
  • You cant have a droid Phil
« Reply #133 on: December 12, 2014, 05:16:50 PM »
what did you damage Basalter?

Offline basalter

• Experienced Force User
    • A pinch of Salter
« Reply #134 on: December 12, 2014, 06:45:50 PM »
Pride mostly, but my wrist seems to ike, 'click' when I turn it. Are you (he asks hopefully) a doctor by chance?

retrousse