fiduciary

Author Topic: Custom boot sound for a ROTJ Hero build...  (Read 3057 times)

Offline nUcLeArEnVoY

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Custom boot sound for a ROTJ Hero build...
« on: December 15, 2016, 10:05:54 PM »
Hey everybody!

Great to be here at FX-Sabers. I'm going to be sending off a KR/OR Luke Hero soon for an install with a PCv4, and I'm thinking I'm going to be purchasing Madcow's Hero font for my main soundfont, but I want a custom bootup sound.

In the deleted scene where Luke is putting the finishing touches on his new lightsaber, there is a beeping/digital-like sound that plays while the lit arrows on the control box of his lightsaber are sequencing. On youtube, you can view the scene and on the video file uploaded by Marcelo Zuniga, you can hear the sound between the 01:32-01:39 mark. I'm pretty sure there is some other scene in the original trilogy somewhere that this sound is used, but I could be wrong.

I want that sound to be my custom boot sound with maybe a half-second fade at the end after it plays for 4-5 seconds. It'll be perfect, since once the kill key is pulled, the arrow LEDs on the control box of my Hero hilt will begin sequencing as well, so it will be just like this deleted scene.

Onto my question; what program could best be used to isolate that sound effect, clean it up, remove the background noise, and make it as clear as possible for a quality bootup sound, or maybe someone do it for me (I'd be glad to compensate)?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks, everbody.

Offline Darth Xusia

• Master Force User
  • "quit cher whinin' and just build some sabers"
Re: Custom boot sound for a ROTJ Hero build...
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 07:02:12 AM »
Ummm.... that's R2D2 in the background. That would've been the spot that he loads his saber into R2 before sending the Droids to Jabba's palace.
Thank you Photobucket for the best Sig ever!

Offline nUcLeArEnVoY

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Re: Custom boot sound for a ROTJ Hero build...
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 09:54:59 AM »
Ummm.... that's R2D2 in the background. That would've been the spot that he loads his saber into R2 before sending the Droids to Jabba's palace.

What I'm talking about doesn't sound like R2-D2 in the background. Yeah, I hear Artoo beeping right after Luke turns the saber on for the first time, but before that when he is finagling the control box with the tool and the arrow lights are sequencing, there is a softer beeping relay that's playing and it sounds like it's meant to be coming from the lightsaber itself, especially since the sound stops immediately when he slides the activation card shut. That's the sound I'm looking to have ripped.

retrousse