fiduciary

Author Topic: Ship times for limited edition Kyber crystal saber?  (Read 1573 times)

Offline Dark Lord 4

• Padawan Learner
  • Powerful the dark side is.
Ship times for limited edition Kyber crystal saber?
« on: December 23, 2019, 08:50:29 AM »
Merry Christmas everyone! I was wondering if anyone who purchased a Kyber edition of a limited edition saber can tell me how long it took to ship? I purchased the VDR Kyber edition 9 months ago and it os still in process. I know this has been a real tough year for Alan and Deanna. I hope they are well and my thoughts are with them. I just want to have a ballpark idea for this order. Btw, this is my dream lightsaber. The kyber editions are just so incredible. Whatever the wait is it will be well worth it I'm sure. My Son and I are in Love with our Vaders Vault sabers!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 08:55:52 AM by Dark Lord 4 »
JM

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
Re: Ship times for limited edition Kyber crystal saber?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 01:46:38 PM »
Your best bet is to go to Vader's Vault's  FaceBook page and ask them or take down their W# and call directly. The # is on their Facebook page.

Offline K-2SO

• Killer Droid Extraordinaire
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Congratulations! You are being rescued.
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2019, 02:31:06 PM »
Your best bet is to go to Vader's Vault's  FaceBook page and ask them or take down their W# and call directly. The # is on their Facebook page.

The shop is closed until after New Years.

I find your arguments vague and unconvincing.

Quiet! *Slap* And there’s a fresh one if you mouth off again.

Offline Dark Lord 4

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2019, 09:41:56 AM »
Thanks for the responses. I will contact them in the new year.
JM

Offline Dark Lord 4

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 10:35:02 AM »
I'm going to bump this thread. I'm still waiting on my VDR Kyber edition for over a year. Has anyone recieved a Kyber edition of any saber? I haven't seen any reviews on youtube for VV Kyber editions. I'm worried there is a problem with the Kyber editions amd CFX. After new years they posted that the VDRs would be going out after the Mace's. I spoke with someone at the Vault in December but they couldn't give me any estimate of how long I will be waiting. Recently on FB they said the VDRs would be shipping soon but IDK if that includes the Kyber editions.
JM

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 04:35:20 PM »
We are in the middle of a pandemic. 

When we spoke in December, I explained to you that all the chassis had to be redone to accept CFX.  This meant the wait was going to increase significantly.  It also meant that ALL the 2019 runs with the exception of the Ahsokas were getting an automatic CFX upgrade with NO additional cost. This is a HUGE free upgrade.  While I understand your concern the timing feels a bit off to me as 2/3 of the country is shut down with shelter in place orders and obviously China where we get a lot of small parts and pieces was shut down for 3 months. We are short staffed, we have had disruptions, everyone is scared and we are having to do things very differently than we are used to in order to ensure our safety and the safety of our staff and that is undoubtedly adding to the slowdown.  We would plead for some grace during this time.

As we discussed, we did not have the CFX until late August and then the chassis had to be re-engineered and produced.  This is an EXTREMELY complex chassis with a ton of parts and pieces. 

Again, we are in the middle of a pandemic.  Supply chains have been disrupted, things like pixel strips and switches and leds were not shipping at all for almost 3 months.  This has slowed down everything.  All sabers. 

On a positive note, both the VDR chassis and the Starkiller chassis finally arrived about 3 weeks ago.  The Flex and TFU II chassis are still outstanding but on the way and I expect them relatively soon. 

On the VDRs specifically, almost all of the standard VDRs from the run have shipped while we were waiting for the Kyber chassis.  Those (Kyber VDRs) have JUST started shipping and you should start to see vids hopefully soon or at least posts of people getting them.  I would imagine they will be very excited and eager to share.  They are pretty stunning and, to toot our own horn a little, I do not know of any production saber with this level of complexity ever done in anywhere close to this pricepoint.  As folks start to receive these I think you will be blown away because in the past to get a saber of this caliber you'd be paying at least twice what these are costing.

I hope this eases your concerns.  We are very committed to continuing as best we can to continue moving forward.  VDRs are in good shape as they are being worked now so you should get that happy shipping notification in the next few weeks  :grin:.

Facebook: VVFB

Offline Dark Lord 4

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2020, 06:38:47 AM »
Hi Luminara,

Thanks so much for responding. I didn't think you still posted here as the FB forum is much more active. I am well aware of the pandemic as I work on the front lines in the biggest hotspot in the country. That being said I hope your family is safe and sound in this crisis. I was actually surprised to see when Allen posted that they are still working through this situation. If you decided to close shop I would have understood completely. I know your family had a tough year last year. My sincerest condolences.

Yes your associate mentioned the CFX delay in December and I was thrilled that we were receiving it! That is a huge upgrade and I have a feeling my Son is going to want his Double Rival to be upgraded now. I'm so excited for the news that the Kyber VDRs are so close! And from Allen's video, the saber seems to be absolutely amazing! I can't wait and I already have an LED stand awaiting it. I agree that there is no other company that is doing the amazing work that is being done with VV sabers and especially the Kyber models! I hope to see more variations. Maybe an Obi Wan, Mace, or Sidious one day?!?! So exciting!  :cheesy: :laugh: :azn:

Offline LUMINARA UNDULI

• Master of the purple blade
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly Known As Allaerra
    • Vader's Vault
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2020, 05:33:50 PM »
I greatly appreciate your service.  You folks on the front lines right now are doing an amazing job and performing such an integral, valuable, and valiant service.

We are still open, we do have almost 6000 square feet with only 10 of us so we are able to social distance, but it is definitely not the way we are used to working. 

We are a tight knit crew so it feels a bit weird and less friendly, if that makes sense?  We also are now scrubbing things, scrubbing hands more frequently, having to walk further distances.  We normally work as a team, in general no one person builds a saber, multiple people have a part in each build so where they used to just pass it to the desk next to them we are all getting a lot more exercise :cheesy:.

Anyway thank you for your patience and thank you again for what you are doing helping the folks most impacted by this terrible situation.

Facebook: VVFB

Offline Dark Lord 4

• Padawan Learner
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2020, 03:46:56 PM »
Thank you so much! I really appreciate that! I'm hoping we're past the peak here.

It is good you have a large amount of space. And your smart to be constantly washing everything. Same here! Don't be afraid to glove and mask up either! And glad to hear your getting your exercise in! :smiley:

At the same time I very much appreciate the amazing work you and your crew does, especially during this time! My order gives my family something to look forward to during this crazy time thanks to you and the Vader's Vault crew! :cheesy:

Most importantly I hope you, your family, and your colleagues stay safe!!! :azn:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 03:52:11 PM by Dark Lord 4 »
JM

retrousse