fiduciary

Author Topic: Looking for Blu-ray Steelbooks (future shop) buyer  (Read 1079 times)

Offline djobitwan7

• Master Force User
Looking for Blu-ray Steelbooks (future shop) buyer
« on: March 04, 2010, 09:08:33 PM »
Like the title says. I'm looking specifically for Blu-ray steelbooks that Futureshop (Canada) has exclusively. They do not ship to the U.S. and since I love these Blu-rays, I was hoping to find a friendly canadian that was willing to pick them up and ship them to me. I would pay money upfront, so the buyer would not be out of money at all. There are always 2 versions. French and English, but I'm only interested in the English.

On an exclusive note. I'm looking for that elusive Clone Wars movie (Blu-ray) steelbook. I believe it was released from the Netherlands, but not sure. Anyone that can help out just give a PM or e-mail. Thanks.

Offline pipster79

• Experienced Force User
Re: Looking for Blu-ray Steelbooks (future shop) buyer
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 03:18:34 PM »
what are blu ray steel books?

oh and most blu ray or dvds here have both english and french on the same disk, normaly one package for both they just flip the insert out for quebec sales or put a french sleeve over top for them

Offline djobitwan7

• Master Force User
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 11:00:51 PM »
Basically Pipster, it's Blu-ray media wrapped in metal. They are collector items and have different cover art and such, compared to the regular Blu-ray covers. These are also printed directly onto the metal covers, so that's why they have 2 versions in FutureShop stores. They state this as well on their website. So with me being American and don't speak any French......I wanted to make sure that those are the ones I could receive. A lot of countries have Steelbooks as well, but not all of them are released for the same titles. Here is an example of a Blu-ray steelbook for Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/pirates-of-the-caribbean-at-world-s-end-future-shop-exclusive-steelbook-2007-blu-ray/m2170910.aspx?path=151222ac9b451dc1e46dba1e188b7949en02

I love these things, but like I said before. FutureShop does not ship to USA **sad**.

Offline pipster79

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 04:28:59 AM »
what ones are you looking for? i can take a look and see if they have any in our future shop

Offline djobitwan7

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 08:35:15 AM »
At the moment, I'm looking for Twilight: New Moon (Blu-ray steelbook). I believe that will be released March 20th. It's sold out online.

Mostly I wanted to try and find something that should be there. They are basically the same things as Steelbooks, called Iron Pack (Blu-ray). 2 Movies are Harry Potter: The Half-Blood Prince and Terminator: Salvation. here are the links:

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/harry-potter-and-the-half-blood-prince-2-discs-future-shop-exclusive-ironpack-2009-blu-ray/m2172791.aspx?path=8d4c353f2a3371adaa7585ae321e402den02

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/terminator-salvation-future-shop-exclusive-ironpack-2009-blu-ray/m2172501.aspx?path=e85ebb2e37e91202dc5156637f85242ben02

If they have them I'd appreciate it and I can give the money up front so you're not out or anything. Thanks.

Offline pipster79

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 09:38:47 AM »
alright ill try to stop by there sometime this week and have a look. im pretty sure i seen the terminator and harry potter when i was there last time but that was a few weeks ago.

Offline djobitwan7

• Master Force User
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 11:28:44 PM »
Yeah, these 2 have been out for awhile and online, it says they are in stock, but not necessarily in any store, unless you go in or call them. I'm not even sure if Iron Pack has 2 versions (French or English) for them. From what I've seen visually, they look exactly the same as a Blu-ray steelbook. Just let me know.

retrousse