fiduciary

Author Topic: **W.I.P.** Luke ROTJ V2 Lux V. *BIG Pictorial Update 12/25/07*  (Read 25904 times)

Offline GRAND MOFF TARKIN

• formerly pianoman/Admiral Piett
  • FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Fear will keep them in line...
Re: **W.I.P.** Luke ROTJ V2 Lux V.
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2007, 11:14:49 AM »
Yes they did. And you'll notice how much thinner the neck will look with it off..

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2007, 11:22:45 AM »
Yes they did. And you'll notice how much thinner the neck will look with it off..

Indeed, I have noticed that.

Actually DT for mine there wasn't as much paint as I thought there was...I'm using some of my mom's finger nail polish removal and it's coming off good.  I'll be using the polish remover on the black spots too.

Oh you think the polish remover might work on the Obi-Wan saber?

Sorry don't mean to go OT a bit in the thread...

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2007, 11:25:14 AM »
It's actually still On topic Greedo. ;)

Since the V2 is still close to the Obi anyway...

You might need something a little stronger for the obi-wan since it is a Laquer based paint.

Offline Vosk

• formerly known as BigT1981
  • Master Force User
  • I do not forgive, or forget...master.
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2007, 03:17:37 PM »
Alright thanks for the info DT.

Man after removing the paint from the neck of my Luke it does make the neck look a lot thinner.  Looking too at the inside of it I don't understand why they couldn't have made the neck a little smaller...  :-\

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2007, 12:55:27 PM »
Hello fellow V2 enthusiasts! 8)

I just wanted to post an update to my Work in progress:

It started with a gutted hilt that I had laying around from a previous conversion that broke on me.

Here is what I started with. It was my old ROTJ Lux III conversion. I snapped the Orange painted section in a gorilla duel, so I replaced that ribbed section and neck portion with one from another hilt tub I had Laying around. Originally I was going to sell it as a "kit" to build a Lux V stunt, but then I decided to build a V2 with sound AND a Lux V.

I used the clamp from an ESB Luke FX for the V2 Appearance Much like Owen Lars's V2 (thanks for the inspiration Owen!)

As you can see this is the first attempt with some weathering. The hilt is now painted as an AFBB and Awaiting electronics.

I will no longer be using the V1.2 CF as per request of the buyer of the saber.

The sound will now be provided with a PlecterLabs Crystal Focus V2.61, and will have a Bin 1 Green Luxeon V to light the blade. There will also be a status LED on the saber for Low battery indication.

Sound Banks
1. Custom Luke ROTJ sound with Lower pitched idle hum (Combination of Shinobi UK and stock sounds from V1.2 CF, mixed properly)
2. Novastar
3. Blackstar
4. Ep. Iv (novastar mix)
5. Ep. II (Novastar mix)
6. Still open, but I am considering tossing the Ancient Saber font on there for kicks.

Since the board will have to sit nearer the middle portion of the hilt than first planned, I will adjust the sensitivity settings in the config.txt file on the sd card to compensate.

The saber will have an in hilt recharge system that utilizes Li-Ion batteries. The recharge port will be located under the cone knob, which will act as the kill key for the electronics.

The speaker will have a resonance chamber, and is the deluxe speaker sourced by Novastar for PlecterLabs and the Custom saber shop. It will be placed at the pommel end with a quick disconnect so the SD card can still be accessed.

The emitter, extension, and pommel will be polished to a high luster, and the paint will remain AFBB (At least until I weather it, I want to get pics of both styles for use to promote my work)

The Bladeholder is a custom machined Darth Maul Conversion kit from TCSS, that will extend past the emitter by .50" to give it the appearance of the extended emitter, and will be held in place using three headless set screws (one of which will be a little longer and act as the blade retention bolt. These will be hidden by the paint, or I may include some cover caps to match.

I still need to get a D-ring in the proper dimensions, and a few little things here and there to finish off the hilt. I cracked the original clamp I was using, so I still need an ESB clamp (working on that now, but if anyone has one PLEASE drop me a PM!)

« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 04:13:38 AM by DARTH TYRANUS »

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2007, 01:17:13 PM »
Wow, you are off to a great start Darth! How did you break your clamp? I know we talked in PM 's about this but my old mind slips now and then. That is going to look sweet with the extended emitter. Wish mine had that. Keep us posted and show us those knobs when you get them! How are you doing the on/off switch? Oh and welcome to the world of the V2!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 01:19:22 PM by OWEN LARS »
Disrespectful and Condescending to Staff.

Offline Aluke123

• Master Force User
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2007, 02:20:53 PM »
Owen, the power switch will be on the side of the clamp without the lever, positioned near the emitter end of the clamp.
The Auxiliary switch will be on the same side of the clamp as the main power switch, but instead at the pommel end of the clamp.

DT made a big mark on the clamp when dremeling off the tabs of the clamp, and then it split when he put it on the saber.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 02:32:25 PM by Aluke123 »

Lord Maul on TCSS

Offline robiwan

• Banned
  • Master Force User
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2007, 03:01:24 PM »
Thanks Aluke. I knew he had a Dremel misshap but didn't realize the clamp had split. That's too bad as they are hard to come by. Interesting choice for the switch position.
Disrespectful and Condescending to Staff.

Offline Aluke123

• Master Force User
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2007, 03:16:33 PM »
With how I grip the saber it'll be perfect. The power switch will be away from my hands, while the Aux button is right by my lower grip hand.

Lord Maul on TCSS

Offline BEN KENOBI

• Crazy Old Wizard
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • The saber scientist
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2007, 03:38:45 PM »
 ;D
Great job dt!!It looks as close as it gets to the real thing my friend. ;)

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2007, 03:49:39 PM »
That is looking great DT.  I can't wait to see it in all its glory.

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2007, 02:43:31 AM »
Neither can I! ;D

Thanks Aluke for the explanation on the clamp. It indeed did crack after the dremel mishap, but not to worry, as I am sourcing two ESB sabers at the moment... 1 to refurb and keep, and the other to cannibalize for parts. ;)

Offline Shade Valryn

• Experienced Force User
  • Sith or Jedi? I'm truly not sure...
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2007, 03:39:55 AM »
Now now, just be sure that when you cannibalize the ESB that at it's in view of the other ESB. Just for torment to show "This is what you could have been" but no, it must die  ;)
Darth Maul Ultra FX

Also have 2 purple Minilords, one Green K2, one Royal Blue K

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2007, 03:43:01 AM »
Now now, just be sure that when you cannibalize the ESB that at it's in view of the other ESB. Just for torment to show "This is what you could have been" but no, it must die  ;)

Spoken like a true Sith Master! ;)

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2007, 04:16:35 AM »
Update POST! ;)

Sorry about the double post here, but I have merged the topic I had in the PlecterLabs Boards with this one sine the sabers are one in the same (hilt wise).

I have made the appropriate changes to the topic, so if it seems longer, it's because it is two topics rolled into one!

**UPDATE ON SABER** 10/17/07

Things are coming along nicely, and parts are coming in from all over the world! ;)

NEW ARRIVALS!
  • PlecterLabs Crystal Focus Saber Core V2.63!!! Yaaay Firmware upgrade! 8)
  • CONE KNOBS (I have a couple of extras if needed!)
  • Li-Ion Smart Charger!
  • Various screws and wires!

More updates as parts arrive and I get my FREAKING camera BACK! :D

UPDATE 10/22/2007

Okay, I am STILL having issues with the CF V2.63 so I hooked up a V1.2 for testing until Erv can give his verdict on what's up with this 2.63 issue.

The new board will work for about a half hor then stops booting the saber.

So here is a short (Crappy) vid of the V1.2 Test in the temporary hilt. (uncomplete back-up hilt)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vvpjp5iMZ0s
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 05:56:16 PM by DARTH TYRANUS »

retrousse