fiduciary

Author Topic: BUILD LOG: artvic's Luke V2 Project.  (Read 2685 times)

Offline darthmorbius

• Master Force User
BUILD LOG: artvic's Luke V2 Project.
« on: January 30, 2009, 01:25:29 PM »
Well, it has been a while since I have gotten to work on anything V2 related, so I figured today would be a good day to post up the first page of the build log for a client saber.

This saber is one that I have been chasing for some time now, and I finally got a chance to obtain one.

The new owner, artvic, had sent me a Parks Arc Wave to convert.  Though it is close to a Luke, I had some reservations about converting it, due to some of the inaccuracies to actual canon material.

After a bit of searching, and a touch of luck, I came to find that one of our very own moderators (Obi-Wan Kenobi) had in his possession one of the rarer Parks models: The coveted Luke ROTJ EL.

I quickly snatched that hilt up, and set forth into researching things.

Right now as it sits, the saber hilt is in the stock form.

This will be a build log for this saber, and I ask that everyone try to keep commenting to a minimum.  A few comments here and there are okay, but if it gets out of hand I will have to split the topic up into a build log and comments section.

It is so much different from an MR FX hilt, in the fact that you are pretty much limited in batteries, and space. Not to mention a 3/4" blade.

So here are some pics of the base hilt to begin with.

I do plan on using a CF in this saber with some custom sound fonts.  I need to get ahold of Madcow and Novastar regarding this, because there are a few things that I want to do in the realm of making them special for this saber.

I will most likely be changing a few things in regard to sizing here and there to make the hilt more receptive to holding the needed board and battery configuration, and to allow for sound escape.

I may just use this existing hilt as a reference, and custom machine one that is a TINY bit larger to accommodate my needs, because I really like this hilt, and may just keep it for specs.  I have an affinity for this particular Saber, and every ounce of loving care will be taken on this build.

Keep an eye out for updates as I post them!  ;D

Offline R5 D4

• First Saga Droid Casualty
  • No Force
  • What can I say, I've got a bad motivator.
Re: BUILD LOG: artvic's Luke V2 Project.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 06:26:43 PM »
Darth Tyrannus ~ anything new on your build?

Offline Andymac84

• Force User
Re: BUILD LOG: artvic's Luke V2 Project.
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 07:09:15 AM »
Would like to hear some news, too.
The hilt looks very promising. This is a parks one? Didn't know that they've made this hilt, too.
The beginning and end of the quest are defined moments. Between these two points lies a world of strange adventure, wonder and mystery....

retrousse