fiduciary

Author Topic: "High Mounts" by e57  (Read 1438 times)

Offline eastern57

• Neato Jedi Knight
  • Master Force User
"High Mounts" by e57
« on: January 23, 2016, 11:48:00 PM »

They're two mostly-fridge saber hilts.  One is an actual leftover fridge hilt with parts from TCSS scratch&dent auctions, and the other is a TOR Sith Marauder project that I finally fished out of a project drawer from at least 4 years ago.  I got the switches mounted high up on the emitter head, which is why I called them "high mounts".  There's really no secret behind these... just some good old fashion Fu and some layers to work with (vice solid aluminium). 

Video is at bottom of post.

First attempt at the sith marauder.  This was based off the first two TOR centmatic trailers in 2010/2011.  At some point, I decided that the head that I had originally fashioned was too small, so there it sat until just recently.  The head shroud is from a Parks Axis, and the pommel is an MHS tonfa ring and MPI#12 - there's an extra screw in the d-ring mount to keep the d-ring tight.  The grip is also a parks... thing... it was in a graflex that I got from acerocket; it's wicked old.  The rest is raw aluminium and brass.

New fridgesaber

Cannabalized parts from an older fridgesaber and tcss left overs.  Actually, the pommel and chassis disks are technically new, since I had used them in anything yet... but so is the butter still in the wrap.  A little black pc here some brass and filed acrylic there and *poof* fridgy happiness.

Offline sithslayer1

• Master Force User
Re: "High Mounts" by e57
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2016, 09:44:26 AM »
I like them both, Eastern! I also like the high mounted switches. Madcow's been doing them that way for years and it makes for a comfortable, practical, and easily accessible switch solution. Your ability to create so much with old, scrap parts never fails to impress!

Offline garymorris2

• Mining Colony Members
  • Experienced Force User
  • grey jedi
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2016, 03:53:01 PM »
two more awesome builds E57, your style in gnarly and very original, the high mounted switch is a nice touch reminds me of the graflex or the acolyte hilts, too cool for school!

Offline dezmodromic

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 09:19:32 AM »
Both are great looking sabers! I do have a question, and I'm a noob..but what are fridge hilts and fridgesabers?

Offline eastern57

• Neato Jedi Knight
  • Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 02:20:54 PM »
"Made with 'what's left in the fridge.'" :azn: :cheesy:

Offline Scyanix

• No Force
  • {cy•an•ix}
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 06:21:43 PM »
Awesome builds! I especially like the high-mounted switches. I'm looking to accomplish that with my first saber build, but I'm learning as much as I can from the forums first :D

Offline Sini Star

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 06:44:44 PM »
Cool sabers!  Way to put things together.

retrousse