fiduciary

Author Topic: Toyfair 2006 .45 minis... take a look  (Read 17248 times)

Offline Snoballz

• Master Force User
  • a toy never played with is not a toy at all
Re: Toyfair 2006 .45 minis take a look
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2006, 12:30:07 PM »
I doubt the edition is limited, these things are really easy to find for about 60% of MSRP. 
I just got my Luke ANH in today... it's so much more detailed than I ever thought it could be at that scale.  A month ago I was wondering why anyone would want one of these, now I have two and three more on their way.   

Offline toos

• Master Force User
  • That's Treason!
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2006, 06:31:40 PM »
I doubt the edition is limited, these things are really easy to find for about 60% of MSRP. 
I just got my Luke ANH in today... it's so much more detailed than I ever thought it could be at that scale.  A month ago I was wondering why anyone would want one of these, now I have two and three more on their way.   

PLEASE supply some nice pics of you're Luke ANH, i'm gonna get one in about 3-4 weeks along with another....probably sidious's
Just a simple man trying to make his way in the universe

Offline AAYLA SECURA

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2006, 08:05:25 PM »
I'm looking forward to recieving my Darth Vader ROTS mini whenever my Anakin FFX arrives. I've never seen this one in person or handled a mini. I've been looking at the .45s on various websites... I'm growing more interested in them. There's a few of them that I'd like to get. The Collectors Society membership is also tempting, with that Mace ROTS matte finish lightsaber.  ;)
Hasbro Signature Series
Luke Skywalker ANH with Removable Blade
Obi-Wan Kenobi ROTS with Removable Blade
Darth Maul TPM with Removable Blade
Kit Fisto AOTC with Removable Blade
Luke Skywalker ROTJ

Jedi TRON

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2006, 10:00:09 PM »
I'm looking forward to recieving my Darth Vader ROTS mini whenever my Anakin FFX arrives. I've never seen this one in person or handled a mini. I've been looking at the .45s on various websites... I'm growing more interested in them. There's a few of them that I'd like to get. The Collectors Society membership is also tempting, with that Mace ROTS matte finish lightsaber.  ;)

I joined the MR collectors society for the first time this year Aalya, and Im excited. I look forward to the mace mini too. I just aquired my first mini (dooku's) and am pretty pleased with it.If you dont make up your mind about joining by the time i get my pack, I can always post pics of all the good stuff I recieved and tell you wether its worth the $$. 8)

Offline AAYLA SECURA

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2006, 04:04:24 PM »
Jedi Tron that would be very nice of you... I'd appreciate that. :)  I'd love to see what that Mace mini is like in some pics other than MR's promotional still. I'd rather it be the movie version, but I guess the matte finish can be pretty cool.
Hasbro Signature Series
Luke Skywalker ROTJ

Offline Snoballz

• Master Force User
  • a toy never played with is not a toy at all
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2006, 10:10:51 PM »
PLEASE supply some nice pics of you're Luke ANH, i'm gonna get one in about 3-4 weeks along with another....probably sidious's

I'll try to get some up tomorrow afternoon in the gallery section, I am on my way to work right now.  BTW, I got the Vader ANH and Windu AOTC minis today.

Offline Darth Pantsless

• Master Force User
  • He's a scoundrel, you'd like him
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2006, 12:36:58 AM »
Oh nice Han! Thanks....now i know the Sidious is actually shiny, not like its photo on the MR site, it looks so dull....SWEET!

I didn't know MR has a pro. store? Do they?

Yeah, I found an obscure reference which covers the discussion about gold being used on the Sidious/Mace sabers.

They are referred to (in canon references) as electrum lightsabers. I thought that this was some different way of making them, like using some electrical focussing device instead of a chrystal until I looked at wikipedia. Electrum is an alloy, comprising of gold, silver and copper in varying quantities, it was used as currency prior to humans being able to smelt efficiently.

So MR, rather than giving a thin gold plate that rubs off in five minutes, give us the real deal!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Dave

Sephiroth

« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2006, 08:32:01 PM »
The more I see these, the more cool I think they are.

I can't wait to complete my collection of .45 SRs.

Offline AAYLA SECURA

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2006, 10:35:25 PM »
I think I'm somewhat hooked... I just purchased the Luke ANH, Anakin ROTS, and Dooku ROTS on eBay.  :D

I wasn't sure about the Anakin, but I figured once the Luke ESB comes out I can get it as well to show the progression of this saber from ROTS to ESB. ;)
Hasbro Signature Series
Luke Skywalker ROTJ

Sephiroth

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2006, 11:18:01 PM »
Why would you not be sure about the Anakin?

The Anakin ROTS is the best lightsaber, period.  Add a D-ring or some kind of belt clip onto it and it's perfect.

Offline AAYLA SECURA

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2006, 11:25:20 PM »
I wasn't sure because I didn't want to spend too much... with the Maul FFX coming out and all. Also, I'm pretty satisfied with the Anakin ROTS FFX, so since I had that I didn't really see the need for the mini, but then I got that idea about setting them up as an evolution.   :P
Hasbro Signature Series
Luke Skywalker ROTJ

Sephiroth

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2006, 11:27:24 PM »
That's actually a good idea, my young Jedi.

I like your style.

The Maul is indeed going to be out soon, but it may be wiser to purchase your other collectible desires first.   The first batch or two on FX lightsabers usually always have some flaws that are fixed after a month or two.

Offline AAYLA SECURA

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2006, 11:38:21 PM »
I may hold off on the Maul for a bit just in case there's some kind of problem with it. The mini that I REALLY want is the Anakin AOTC. It's like my second favorite hilt after the Vader ROTS. The others I got for $20 apiece though, so I can't complain. ;)
Hasbro Signature Series
Luke Skywalker ROTJ

Sephiroth

« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2006, 11:46:41 PM »
I have the Anakin AOTC mini.

It's a nice looking piece, I suppose.   Some don't care for it.   I'm kind of neutral on it myself.   It's just a more chrome version of a Darth Vader lightsaber.   Maybe I would like it more if I had an FX of it, but I doubt that will happen.   :-\

Offline AAYLA SECURA

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2006, 12:00:19 AM »
There was a recent rumor that indicated Toys 'R Us was supposed to carry the Anakin AOTC FFX with updated electronics. That would be great... I'd get one for sure, but so far nothing more has surfaced.

Anyway, what are some of the recommend minis aside from those that I've purchased, Sephiroth? It seems like you have quite a few of them.  :)
Hasbro Signature Series
Luke Skywalker ROTJ

retrousse