fiduciary

Author Topic: Master Replicas Jedi Training Remote  (Read 8757 times)

Offline KAO CEN DARACH

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
  • Force Relics co-founder, Formerly Ki-Djowac
    • Force Relics
Master Replicas Jedi Training Remote
« on: February 27, 2011, 01:54:45 AM »
Hi everyone,
just thought i'd share my Master Replicas Jedi Training Remote. It was still boxed since the big move last year, but i unpacked it today and took some pics.

Here they are :

Those good old MR days  :)

Offline Fetts Vett

• Experienced Force User
  • Star Wars, Skateboarding, and Heavy Metal
Re: Master Replicas Jedi Training Remote
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 08:13:29 AM »
Very nice! I've always wanted one of those, but just never got around to actually getting one.

Offline KAO CEN DARACH

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Force Relics
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 08:47:10 AM »
Thx  :)

I remember a convention back in 2007 where they were selling these at really cheap prices. Nowadays they have become very rare. I hope Efx picks up the pace oneday.

Offline Fetts Vett

• Experienced Force User
  • Star Wars, Skateboarding, and Heavy Metal
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 09:15:33 AM »
Yeah, I hope so too. They're already putting some rad stuff out there!

Offline walken4life

• No Force
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 04:37:37 PM »
Hiya Ki-Djowac.  If you look at this old thread, I was wondering if you might be able to tell me how the stand comes back apart.  I had my remote displayed for many years, and it is pretty well stuck together.  Don't want to risk breaking it.  Does the clear section just pull straight out?

Also, I have been looking to sell a few of my replicas.  This one seems less common, even for the limited editions, any idea what these are going for right now?  The only one I have seen on eBay lately is an Artist's Proof, so hard to compare it to that.

I have been out of replica buying for a while, so I didn't even know Master Replicas was not around anymore.  Any info you have would be great.  Thanks.

Offline KAO CEN DARACH

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
    • Force Relics
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 11:23:04 PM »
Hi walken,
i believe there's a little click if you put the base together, so depending on how well you pushed it in the first time, it may be difficult to pull it back out. One way to go is to try and wiggle the clear plastic portion straight up from its black base.

I remember back in the day those were sold at 130 €, if i only knew then what i know now.  :) Nowadays i'm not sure, i came across one that has a starting bid of 399 GBP on e-bay. You might wanna follow that one up and see what happens if that's anything to go by.

Here's the link :
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STAR-WARS-EP-IV-JEDI-TRAINING-REMOTE-MASTER-REPLICA-MIB-/320736710257?pt=UK_Collectables_SciFi_fantasyCollectables_EH&hash=item4aad65ce71#ht_514wt_1141

Offline walken4life

• No Force
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 07:31:10 PM »
Thanks for the info, Ki.  I will try carefully pulling the clear part straight out of the base, as you suggested.

I had not looked on the UK Ebay for one to compare.  Gives me something to go on for pricing mine.  Thanks again.

Offline Sethski

• Master Force User
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 07:53:45 PM »
Looking at completed listings on Fleabay, the last one that sold went for £215 (UK), which was auction rather than Buy It Now, and the £399 one was there as unsold (now relisted) - so I guess somewhere between the two might be reasonable. Best of luck if you decide to sell it - and with the careful disassembly, too ;)

retrousse