fiduciary

Author Topic: Selecting a helmet...  (Read 12772 times)

Offline Talonclaw

• No Force
Re: Selecting a helmet...
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2009, 12:28:08 PM »
Hmmm, I have a problem. It appears free shipping is to US only, and with $400 to the UK, that's £60 in taxes. Would an American on this forum be prepared to accept the delivery of the helmet, and then forward it to me, putting the price at something like $200-250 on the box? I would of course, pay the postage, but this would really lower the taxes. If not, no problem.

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2009, 02:51:12 PM »
From redfordfilms every single package has arrived to my doorstep and never caught by customs, cannot recall for sure but I believe they mark items as gift or value them low. I have ordered many times and no customs. Whenever I order from elsewhere every single time it goes into customs. I expect to see my bust come directly to my house next week

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Great Sith Leader and Hero
  • Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2009, 05:41:31 PM »
I enjoy my Master Replicas Vader helmet, as well as my LE Vader sabers.  They are some of the highlights of my collection.  However, I also really enjoy the props I've obtained from prop makers off of the RPF and Rebelscum, sometimes for MUCH less than the high markup of companies like Master Replicas.  So I can see why you would choose EITHER route.

One reason why I changed my mind about the eFx McQuarrie Vader they are planning to release.  I originally was excited about this helmet and couldn't wait for its release.  I was in constant contact bugging Amy on updates to its release, before she quit eFx. It irritated me to no end that the piece was slated to be sold in February 2009 and we still yet to have heard word about it. Then a couple of months ago, I can upon Stone's Concept Vader that I linked which is MUCH MORE accurate to the original Vader designs.  (Which is quite odd, because McQuarrie himself had the opportunity to look over the first molds of the eFx Vader and gave his blessing to my understanding.  Vader's original designs had a feel of a cross between cybernetic and insect when looking at him, mixed in with Samurai.  Of course, due to Lucas influence from the Japanese genre which would be later utilized in filming)  eFx's helmet is expected to be at around $1,000+.   Stone's, for $550 plus shipping, I would be getting an awesome cast from a excellent prop maker on the RPF, which to many peoples' eyes is MORE accurate and better constructed than the eFx one is expected to be.

That deal that Wedge found you for the Boba SE is AMAZING and if I didn't have so much money already directed towards other endeavors (2 other Vader Helmets to add to my collection, the life-size Vader replica I"m working on, and my Han In Carbonite desk) I would definitely jump at it myself.

I think she would kill me if I also went for the Boba Fett.  She would be like "But your not even a die-hard Fett fan?!?"  My powers of the Dark Side are strong....yet even I answer to my Emperor.  LOL...

In the end, make sure you are getting pieces that you will enjoy.  If you like the Fett SE, then go for it.  If you would like to get a Mando Helmet that you can customize, PLUS afford to get another piece, then go for it.  In the end, if you choose from purely an enjoyment perspective, you'll never go wrong.

If you can make one-heck-of-a-deal WHILE purchasing that piece you'll love like I did on my MR Vader lid,  then even better.  You get to sit back and bask in the beauty of the piece, and also feel great about the hundreds you've saved at the same time.   ;D

« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 05:46:24 PM by Darth Raijlin »

Offline Luke S.

• under review
  • Master Force User
  • Romans 3:20-26 As simple as it gets.
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2009, 06:03:53 PM »
IF you ever consider a TK lid check out the forums at Whitearmor.net.  There are several makers of the best looking armor out there.  AP, RT to name 2.  I think AP is one of the most accurate Stormtrooper buckets I've seen.  Last I checked if you got one in kit form it was around $200-ish.

Here it is: >Helmet kit alone (untrimmed like photos) $275 + $20 CAD$ shipping (oversea $65)

Offline Talonclaw

• No Force
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2009, 02:14:17 AM »
From redfordfilms every single package has arrived to my doorstep and never caught by customs, cannot recall for sure but I believe they mark items as gift or value them low. I have ordered many times and no customs. Whenever I order from elsewhere every single time it goes into customs. I expect to see my bust come directly to my house next week

That's good to know, I ordered a Master Chief replica helmet a while ago and customs was horrible...! Oh, and Emperor... Do you know where to get the Utapau Shadow Trooper .45?

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2009, 02:55:03 AM »

That's good to know, I ordered a Master Chief replica helmet a while ago and customs was horrible...! Oh, and Emperor... Do you know where to get the Utapau Shadow Trooper .45?

Yes ofcourse, since hunting down MR items used to be my expertise, here you, directly from your own country  ;)

http://www.clonestores.com/acatalog/scaled_helmets.html

Offline Talonclaw

• No Force
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2009, 03:46:20 AM »
You are good!  ;) ;)

Oh, and I know how I'm starting my collection! With these! I just need to save up a bit. I think this is all the MR stuff I'll try and track down though, then I'll concentrate in eFX. Utapau Shadow Trooper should really go up in value!

Boba Fett, Signature Edition
501st Clone Trooper, Weathered
Utapau Shadow Trooper, .45
Qui-Gon Jinn LE, Hilt
Yoda .45
Sidious hilt
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 12:42:20 PM by Talonclaw »

Offline WEDGE ANTILLES

• formerly known as Cobalt60
  • FX-SABERS VIP II
  • Master Force User
  • May the LAG be with you
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2009, 11:21:49 AM »
here's your Qui-Gon LE hilt -- brand new in sealed box --  for only $159 (ebay "buy it now" price) !   :o  (you'll find the display case alone is worth that much)

http://cgi.ebay.com/MASTER-REPLICAS-STAR-WARS-QUI-GON-JINN-LIGHTSABER-LE_W0QQitemZ190286222126QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2c4df1532e&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1205|293%3A1|294%3A50

-===============-

and hey since you're in the UK check this out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-STORMTROOPER-1-1-HELMET-BUST-PROP-REPLICA_W0QQitemZ260445584202QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_DVD_Film_TV_Film_Memorabilia_LE?hash=item3ca3c43b4a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1205|293%3A2|294%3A50

this one ships from the UK  :P
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 11:23:36 AM by WEDGE ANTILLES »
"The Star Wars story is really the tragedy of Darth Vader. That is the story.
Once Vader dies, he doesn't come back to life, the Emperor doesn't get cloned, and Luke doesn't get married..."
- George Lucas

Offline Talonclaw

• No Force
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2009, 11:52:46 AM »
Cheers Wedge!

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2009, 12:05:36 PM »
That's an awesome deal for the Qui-Gonn.  I went back to check my PMs because the Emperor had found one for me awhile back for $120.00, however the company doesn't have any more in stock   :(

Awesome find Wedge.

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2009, 12:11:14 PM »
I remember that my friend, I was extremely stupid not to order one, since I needed a case for Obi-Wan AOTC  :(

Offline Talonclaw

• No Force
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2009, 12:18:04 PM »
You would pay $120, for a case?!

Offline Hamill82

• under review
  • Master Force User
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2009, 12:19:45 PM »
You would pay $120, for a case?!

Yes, even more

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2009, 12:28:20 PM »
The Emperor had found me a Qui-Gonn LE for $120 at the time at that site.  It was an awesome deal cause I was looking for one to go with my Parks Obi-Wan since I wasn't able to find a Parks Qui-Gonn at that time.

Offline Darth Raijlin

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
    • White Dragon Academy
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2009, 12:41:22 PM »
Here's a guy on the RPF that is selling his for $160 shipped.

I'm not sure if he'll ship overseas or not.  You may want to contact him to find out.  The only issue I could see is that he wants to have the person pay using a Money Order.    I am always leery of that, but he also has 1,766 posts on the RPF so he's been around awhile.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=66596

retrousse