fiduciary

Author Topic: Enhanced Amber Day Blade Photos  (Read 1471 times)

Offline jbkuma

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • Pixels, everywhere.
    • Mad Science Workshoppe
Enhanced Amber Day Blade Photos
« on: December 13, 2016, 10:25:31 AM »
I know a lot of people have been interested in this.  I took a scrap of clear, a scrap of the enhanced amber, and 5ft of gift wrap.  For demonstration purposes I mated the two pieces of tubing around the gift wrap and left about half of the amber blade without diffusion.  All of the LEDs were run off a 3.3v bench supply with no resistors.
Blue
Green
Red
Amber
Red-Orange

The Red and Red-Orange photos are almost worthless despite my best efforts, but the others are fairly accurate to my eye.  Red and Red-Orange look identical here, but look very different in person.

The blade fluoresces with the blue LED and the tip is a brilliant yellow.
For green the tip didn't match well, but may do better if the reflector is removed and beyond that if the tip is cored out.
Overall the cloudiness of the blade causes a diffusion effect that may be desirable for red, orange or amber.  The tip lights up to match these colors very well.
Blue and green had an interesting coring effect, with the blue shifting to a much paler hue.  Red, orange and amber had very little coring effect with the blade material diffusing the light rather effectively. 
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 03:29:20 PM by jbkuma »

retrousse