fiduciary

Author Topic: Feedback for Ducos Rossis  (Read 18709 times)

Offline s Rank

• Force User
  • Fighting evil by moonlight...
Re: Feedback for Ducos Rossis
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2011, 08:11:15 PM »
He PM'd me with a WTB I put out on the trade federation.
I needed a 3/4 blade for my V2, and it arrived in ship shape. He even threw in a 3/4 blade plug. Sweet bonus.

5/5 !!!

Offline Obi-Shane

• Master Force User
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2011, 11:56:19 PM »
5/5 Will do business with again in the future!

Shane

Offline Lord Dracus

• Master Force User
  • "The force is mine to command."
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2011, 03:42:56 AM »
 I aquired the Nibiru Sith lightsaber from Ducos Rossis. He went out of his way to make some extra soundfonts and custom boots for me... :)
He is a great Sabersmith and a absolute pleasure to do businees with. 2 thumbs up for communication as well... ;D

5/5

Offline SENATOR ORGANA

• Administrator
  • Experienced Force User
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2011, 09:51:52 PM »
I purchased a custom saber from Ducos Rossis.  Communication was handled very well and was timely. Shipping was lightening fast.  Saber was exactly as described and depicted in the Trade federation sale thread.  Great experience and a great saber.

5/5
NEW FX-Sabers Website! at http://www.fx-sabers.com

Offline Darth Smorgis

• Master Force User
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2011, 05:53:50 PM »
Ducos recently purchased a MR Luke ROTJ control box from me.
Transaction was flawless. Easy to deal with.
5/5
But has still not left any feedback for me :-\
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 03:44:54 PM by Darth Smorgis »

Offline Ladyhawke

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2011, 08:55:42 AM »
I just purchased a custom saber from Ducos and I am thrilled!!  The workmanship is superb!  His communication was wonderful.  An incredibly nice person to work with.  Shipping was super fast and the saber was very well packaged!  Thank you so much for such a great transaction!

An easy 5/5

Offline Darth Xusia

• Master Force User
  • "quit cher whinin' and just build some sabers"
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2011, 10:22:53 PM »
I traded some parts with Ducos Rossis.
Great communication. Packaged very well and shipping was fast.

5/5
Thank you Photobucket for the best Sig ever!

Offline Arkhan

• Experienced Force User
    • IMPERIAL ROYAL ARMS:   RK Customs
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2011, 06:51:16 AM »
I have recently made several parts for Ducos Rossis, but for some reason, failed to leave him feedback.

Among the work has been, Custom Heatsinks, replacement MR pommels, powder-coating and some general lathe/mill work.  We've traded parts for work as well as normal cash transactions. 

He is easy to work with, communications are always good and payment is prompt.  Shipping of parts to me has been quick and everything has been well packaged.

I look forward to working with Ducos many more times in the future.  He is an excellent smith and IMO, it is only a matter of time before his name is mentioned right along side the well-known smiths like VV, LDM, JQ and others.

5/5

AK-47s and Lightsabers, both so fun to build

Offline Dak-Tari

• Force User
    • Gentlemen of Fortune
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2011, 12:36:57 AM »
I am a brand-new-out-the-wrapper saber newbie

I bought some parts from Ducos Rossis, and he absolutely hooked me up and helped me out.

Definitely a 5/5

Great Commo, Fast shipping, Well Packed!

THANKS!

Offline Sandpeople are people too

• Once made Darth Vader Chuckle
  • Master Force User
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2011, 01:23:38 PM »
Just received some sabers back from DR for repairs- touch plate for my V2 as a side-slider had broken; he patched and weathered the hole in the control box so that it blends in great!.  He also did some lens, heat-sink, and battery work on 2 other hilts (Caine's Spice Mines of Kessel and a SF)  Quality work, and the V2 will be trick-or-treating w/ me and my son this year. 

Highly recommended.

5/5

Offline Corran Horn

• Formerly known as Keil Edge
  • Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • CSJ Props an NEC Certified Installer
    • CSJ Props
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2011, 05:46:16 PM »
Just got my sabers from Ducos Rossis.  He did a rework on a Prophecy for me.  He installed an MR board for me and did an LED swap, and in hilt charge.  He also gave it a nice weathering job to make it look all Sithy for me.  Excellent work. (Even though by his own claim, he wasn't "happy" with the final result. Lol.)

Reponse time was great, shipping was AWESOME.  VERY well packaged.  Had a heck of a time opening it without a knife.  He even threw in a bag of acrylic crystals which was a nice surprise since I've been looking for some and had no idea he was planning to send them.

Definitely giving him a 5/5

And not only WILL I do business with him again, but I already am!

"It's only stupid if we die doing it, otherwise it's heroism." -Corran Horn-

Offline dgdve

• Force User
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2012, 09:06:18 AM »
Lets start the new year off right.....

I contacted ducos in early spring of last year (March to be exact).. I know the project was rather daunting (but I ofcourse was helping), YET he assured me it could be done.. (it may cost me) BUT he could do it!!

Happy I paid (IN FULL on Apr.24, 2011)

...... Now... (dont let the darkside take over)... Rather then start the usual thread bashing or whatever Im going to skip to the end.. with the absolute TRUTH...

OVER 8months have past (at this point)... Ducos stopped responding or replying to my PM's about a month ago.. (Has NOT logged in to fx for almost 3wks.. INbox full... Number he gave me.. fake...)...

He has NOT sent or given me ANY pictures updates (EVER over the 8mo).

He has NOT sent me anything EVER (No refunds, No items, Nothing..) 

OUT of options... this is what its come too.. (you guys know the deal)..

BEFORE PAYMENT!

Ducos was terrific with his initial conversation.. 5/5
Ducos was terrific in his presentation.. 5/5
Ducos was fast to reply.. 5/5
_________

AFTER PAYMENT!

..................................... 0/5 BABY!... (ok sry Im still trying to master suppressing my darkside)

_________

Disclaimer: I will allow TOTAL transparency and inspection of all my PM's regarding the matter AND I do have every PM (and I saved my replies as well). BUT lets not go there (thats childish kid stuff)

IF Ducos (OR any friend of his who can send this to him) is reading this PLEASE just contact me, Im always around.. (How can you throw away this stack of happy customers/friends/community members and people who respected you like this?)... lOOK I know.. (irl) Stuff happens, to the best of us.. AND I still want to see a positive resolution from the situation. (But for now.. and, Ross, you know it for yourself.. 8months/no pictures/no replies.. the 0/5 sticks).

(Im old) and Ive found that in life its NOT about if your going to get knocked down (it happens to everyone).. the true measure of a person is in how bad they want to stand back up.

Everyone here has had (atleast) one deal go sour... Can we both stand up, fix this and put it behind us??.. (OR does it all end here... *poof no more Ducos.. with this single post?, Really?.. Dont sit back and let that happen.. please, contact me.. and lets figure this out)

~Dave

Offline IndustrialAction

• Master Force User
  • IAC - Elegant designs with a more civilized edge
    • IndustrialAction Customs
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2012, 09:45:01 AM »
Dave, shoot me a PM with your number for texts. I'll get you in contact with him. He has some personal issues and no Internet service. I'll help you get it squared away.

BTW - it isn't a fake number, he has a new one (you may not have)

Offline daddy solo

• Master Force User
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2012, 11:06:19 AM »
Very Interesting  ???........ I commissioned Ducos to rework a saber and do a CFV5 install for me back in Sept. Communication was beyond excellent in the beginning ( I called him 1st at the number he gave me - it worked back in Sept) - even a bit too much for me (if there is such a thing) as I was getting texts from him constantly about an item he was going to take in trade as partial payment. Suffice to say, his communication has since dried up almost completely except for the occasional text. Yes, he has told me he has been w/o internet for over a month. I am not aware of any serious personal problems on his part, nor are they any of my business really, although I honestly wish him well.

@IndustrialAction - if you have any way to shed some light on what's going on w/ Ross, &/or any willingness to intervene, please let me know - your help would be much appreciated!

@Ducos - if you can read this - I truly hope things are OK w/ you. I turned to you for this project because of your rep, and the quality of your work. I would love to end our relationship on a positive note and I will be more than happy to edit this post further  to reflect an amicable outcome when one occurs

****POST EDITED 1/2/12****

I recently heard from Ducos - he seems a bit swamped and inundated. Rest assured everyone who has commissioned builds with him WILL get taken care of in due time. It sounds like he needs our support and understanding at this time, so everyone (including myself) just sit back and let nature take its course. I have faith he won't disappoint!!
        Daddy S
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 08:07:32 AM by daddy solo »

Offline IndustrialAction

• Master Force User
  • IAC - Elegant designs with a more civilized edge
    • IndustrialAction Customs
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2012, 11:20:42 AM »
I can get in contact with him and get questions answered. I'm not going to air his personal business out here but I will say times are rough. Anyone that needs info from him can PM with their info and I'll get updates.

retrousse