fiduciary

Author Topic: My first real issue with a lightsaber build  (Read 537 times)

Offline etcstevebruce

• No Force
My first real issue with a lightsaber build
« on: July 10, 2020, 10:38:48 PM »
Hello,
Today I attempted my first, fairly complex build with a Crystal Shard v4.5 that I purchased online; and I am experiencing trouble.

For this saber I installed 2 illuminated AV switches, an in-hilt recharge port, RGB LED, bass speaker, and single 18650 battery.  When I powered the lightsaber on, the Red and Green LED's are on constantly and the switches blink twice, go dark for a second, then blink twice again.  The saber responds to the switches (blaster sounds, lockup sound, bootup and shudown sounds) except that the red and green led's are always on and the switches blink.  In order to turn the led's off I have to either insert a kill key or remove the battery.  The switches are illuminated, and their LED's are powered via the middle "accent" pad, and return to the switches ground (the switches are not utilizing resistors).  My main LED's are have resistors: 0.3 Ohm (1W) on Blue and Green, 1.5 Ohm (1W) on Red.  I have successfully used these resistor values on other Plecter Labs soundcards with success.

I have re-soldered the LED wires, the power wires (both to the battery and to the board) with no luck.  The LED's and switch LED's all worked fine when tested before assembly.

Hopefully there is an oversight on my part, and not a fried board or driver circuit...  Any help would be greatly appreciated!
A U.S. Navy submarine Electronics Technician turned lightsaber enthusiast!

Offline etcstevebruce

• No Force
Re: My first real issue with a lightsaber build
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 11:26:35 PM »
Well, how embarrassing  :huh:  It looks like I posted this in the wrong group...

I have re-posted my dilemma in the Plecter Labs Forum.  Thanks anyway, and may the force be with you all!

Admins: I apologize for the oversight, and if this thread needs to get deleted that is fine.
A U.S. Navy submarine Electronics Technician turned lightsaber enthusiast!

retrousse