fiduciary

Author Topic: Master Yoda's Graflex Luxeon ANH Luke and ESB Luke  (Read 17049 times)

Offline Flashpoint

• No Force
Re: Master Yoda's Graflex Luxeon ANH Luke and ESB Luke
« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2006, 01:11:52 PM »
I haven't found a spot to display them yet, since I've barely put them down since they arrived!  They never sit still for very long! ;D

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
« Reply #91 on: October 08, 2006, 05:40:13 PM »
Good for you Flashpoint :D

I'm very, very glad you are enjoying them 8)

It's important to me that my Graflexs make their owners feel like they have something
as special to them as it is to me :)

It's not just my favorite hilt... it is the symbol of Star Wars that I personally find almost important
as the Star Wars Logo it self.

MTFBWY
always
YODA

Offline Flashpoint

• No Force
« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2006, 08:55:53 AM »
I absolutely agree.  In my mind, the Graflex is THE lightsaber.

I always prefered the ANH design, but the ESB has really grown on me.  The riveted handgrips make it look so professional...  :D

Offline Timmy-Wan Kenobi

• AKA Timmy-Wan Kenobi
  • Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee win
« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2006, 09:03:11 AM »
I agree. I originally liked the ANH graflex better, but the ESB has grown on me too, and now it is becoming my favourite. I still like the fact that the ANH doesn't have so many buttons sticking out, which makes for easier spinning, but the ESB has the edge in looks, IMHO.  ;)

Offline Flashpoint

• No Force
« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2006, 03:15:56 PM »
Chewbacca, what I've done is switched the second red button on the ESB, the one that acts as set screw, for the glass "eye" bezel set screw fron the ANH.  It may not be 100% movie accurate, but it makes the ESB easier to spin while retaining its look. 8)

I've considered trying to switch around some of the other parts too, such as the grip ends and clamps, to create a unique but still recognizable Graflex.

Offline Knuckle01

• formerly known as Jedi Master Knuckle
  • Master Force User
  • I am a Jedi, like my father before me...
« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2006, 03:30:09 PM »
Chewbacca, what I've done is switched the second red button on the ESB, the one that acts as set screw, for the glass "eye" bezel set screw fron the ANH.  It may not be 100% movie accurate, but it makes the ESB easier to spin while retaining its look. 8)

I've considered trying to switch around some of the other parts too, such as the grip ends and clamps, to create a unique but still recognizable Graflex.

makin the saber custom for you.....outstanding.....what a true jedi/sith would do. nice work flash
The Force will be with you....always.

Offline Timmy-Wan Kenobi

• AKA Timmy-Wan Kenobi
  • Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee win
« Reply #96 on: October 11, 2006, 08:53:15 AM »
Chewbacca, what I've done is switched the second red button on the ESB, the one that acts as set screw, for the glass "eye" bezel set screw fron the ANH. It may not be 100% movie accurate, but it makes the ESB easier to spin while retaining its look. 8)

Yep, I do this too. However, I find that as I become more familiar with the graflex, the extra button doesn't get in the way half as much as it did.  ;)
Anyway, I'm glad you are enjoying your graflexs, Flashpoint. They really are the pinnacle of functioning lightsaber replicas, IMHO, and as Yoda says, they are an important symbol in the Star Wars saga. The magical gift, bestowed on the young and reckless hero by the wise old warrior-classic.  :)

Offline Jedi_Niklus

• No Force
« Reply #97 on: October 11, 2006, 11:38:14 AM »
My ANH just arrived about an hour ago! ;D What everyone says is true, this is THE saber to get. I just compared it to my Anakin, and it made it seem like a fancy Hasbro saber. I'll be posting pics and a review before too long.

Offline levelnext

• formerly known as levelnext
  • Master Force User
  • you are what you is
« Reply #98 on: October 11, 2006, 12:08:56 PM »
super congrats man!!!!!!!! i am so jealous
On a mission to constantly annoy C3PO!

--:CLICK HERE TO SEE MY COLLECTION:--

Offline Knuckle01

• formerly known as Jedi Master Knuckle
  • Master Force User
  • I am a Jedi, like my father before me...
« Reply #99 on: October 11, 2006, 03:46:45 PM »
congratz JN!!! looking forward to your review
The Force will be with you....always.

Offline Timmy-Wan Kenobi

• AKA Timmy-Wan Kenobi
  • Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee win
« Reply #100 on: October 12, 2006, 02:19:38 AM »
Congratulations on joining the club, Jedi Niklus. You are right, this is the saber to get. It is the one I really wanted when I bought my first FX. They are selling really well now and although mine cost a small fortune, I am glad I got my order in before the price goes up. I hope you get as much fun from yours as I have from mine. Look forward to your review.

Offline Jedi_Niklus

• No Force
« Reply #101 on: October 12, 2006, 12:46:35 PM »
My review is up with pictures and all! :)

retrousse