fiduciary

Author Topic: FX-SABERS ESB Luxeon Graflex  (Read 13867 times)

Ghost4

Re: FX-SABERS ESB Luxeon Graflex "1st available"
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2006, 06:06:21 PM »
Exactly, It's cheap already... if you think $120 for a new fx, $125 for the Graflex (maybe less if he buys bulk), $40 for holder, $7 blade film, $10 LED, ESB specific stuff, etc...

He's not making huge profits off of this for sure.  In fact it's probably darn near at cost as it is.

Offline TheNewWinduMaster

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2006, 06:20:52 PM »
Really? Than if I can afford it, can you make another?

Is the hilt movie accurate? Is the blade removeable and duelable?
"The abilitiy to destroy a planet is insignificant to the power of the force."- Sith Lord Darth Vader, Ep IV

"When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master."- Sith lord Darth Vader, Ep IV.

"In the name of the Imperial Galactic Senate, you are under arrest."- Jedi Master Mace Windu, Ep III

Offline Dark Skywalker

• formerly known as Dark Skywalker
  • Master Force User
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2006, 06:26:24 PM »
Is the hilt movie accurate? Is the blade removeable and duelable?

Yes, yes, and yes.

Nothing Is Impossible

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2006, 06:35:21 PM »
Who made it? I may be able to afford it.
"The abilitiy to destroy a planet is insignificant to the power of the force."- Sith Lord Darth Vader, Ep IV

"When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master."- Sith lord Darth Vader, Ep IV.

"In the name of the Imperial Galactic Senate, you are under arrest."- Jedi Master Mace Windu, Ep III

Offline Kyp Durron

• Master Force User
  • Member of the Lost 10
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2006, 06:41:57 PM »
It is made by our own Master Yoda.  8)

-Joclad

2010...I certainly hope it's better than 2009 was! ::)
10/10/10~Well, so far with my Father's passing away, I'd say that this year was actually worse than 2009, even the fact that I now have a full time job (For now) isn't anywhere near enough to make up for that...so...maybe 2011 will be better? I'm not holding my breath... ::)

Offline Snoballz

• Master Force User
  • a toy never played with is not a toy at all
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2006, 07:06:26 PM »
Is the hilt movie accurate?

The are a few MINOR things that aren't "movie accurate".  These can easily be fixed yourself. And, keep in mind there are several versions of the ESB saber, so these differences are not on each version.  Check the Parts of Star Wars website for the different versions.

1) the "beer tab" attached to the top red button was removed on some of the ESB hilts.
2) The textured tape is seen on the post-production "Dagobah version" saber, but not the film version.  *THIS HAS NOT BEEN PROVEN*  All *I* can make out in the Dagobah scenes is a smooth strip.
3) The general opinion is that the grips were held on with pop rivets or phillip head screws, depending on the version.  Most all the conversions you see now use the hex head screws, which I prefer.
4) the Kobold D-Ring is mounted backwards or "flipped" on some of the versions. The way this one is mounted is the way it's seen in the Wampa's Cave, which is the way most fans will relate to since it is the only clear picture of it in the movie.

I think this is the BEST dueling version of the Luke ESB there is.  A good combination of all the different versions AND MR sound AND made from a replica Graflex.  You can't get more accurate than that.  If your a stickler for "Screen Accuracy", less than 15 minutes of your own time will make it so, depending on the "version" you want.

• Experienced Force User
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2006, 07:58:37 PM »
Oh I don't care at all about those tiny little things. This saber is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

Jeez, it's really expensive though.

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as MERIDIAN
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2006, 02:29:55 PM »
Is the hilt movie accurate?

The are a few MINOR things that aren't "movie accurate".  These can easily be fixed yourself. And, keep in mind there are several versions of the ESB saber, so these differences are not on each version.  Check the Parts of Star Wars website for the different versions.

1) the "beer tab" attached to the top red button was removed on some of the ESB hilts.
2) The textured tape is seen on the post-production "Dagobah version" saber, but not the film version.  *THIS HAS NOT BEEN PROVEN*  All *I* can make out in the Dagobah scenes is a smooth strip.
3) The general opinion is that the grips were held on with pop rivets or phillip head screws, depending on the version.  Most all the conversions you see now use the hex head screws, which I prefer.
4) the Kobold D-Ring is mounted backwards or "flipped" on some of the versions. The way this one is mounted is the way it's seen in the Wampa's Cave, which is the way most fans will relate to since it is the only clear picture of it in the movie.

I think this is the BEST dueling version of the Luke ESB there is.  A good combination of all the different versions AND MR sound AND made from a replica Graflex.  You can't get more accurate than that.  If your a stickler for "Screen Accuracy", less than 15 minutes of your own time will make it so, depending on the "version" you want.

Thank you for the kind words, and I'm Glad you see it for what it is 8)

With so many versions and variations I felt the one used at the cave with the tab in tact not only looks
the most complete but if any one wanted to fity an ANH bottom it would be appropriate ;)
Combining that with the Silver head hex screws it just gives it that clean new "as first Re-built by" Look 8)

Basically it's all the shiny and New ESB parts from all versions rolled into one similar to the MR LE versions
but able to be turned back and forth between ANH and ESB if wanted.
(However sourcing just 3 cell Bottoms is a pain ::) )

Personally for me... I have both
A New ESB for dueling (I brought it to Com-Con) and a late 30's chromed body Graflex that had just the right
amount of damage to look more like the weathered version on screen.
However I still left the Tab intact because when it's removed... it leaves a rivit ring in the metal.
The Movie ESB is ugly as sin if you've seen the Lucas picts of it (missing buttons and all) and the only way
to achieve it is to use and old beat up original Graflex...
I may do one like that in the future but it will cost more because of sourcing an older weathered looking Hilt.
I'd certainly do a "special Order if some one has an Old Graflex they'd want converted.

I have a couple sabers I'm going to be doing for other members right now so those are going to be in the works
for a week or two because one it a complete ANH/ESB Kit and the other is a special AOTC order.

But in any case Keep a watch on eBay because in the weeks after I should have another ANH and
possibly a dual ANH & ESB Kit for sale on eBay.
I'll keep everyone informed once they are listed 8)

MTFBWY
always
YODA

Offline Knuckle01

• formerly known as Jedi Master Knuckle
  • Master Force User
  • I am a Jedi, like my father before me...
Re: FX-SABERS ESB Luxeon Graflex
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2006, 08:44:32 PM »
yoda...your graflex's are awesome!
The Force will be with you....always.

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2006, 08:47:31 PM »
Thank you :)

Ganjahman just recieved the ESB yesterday and He was very happy with it ;D

I look forward to His review of it 8)

Offline Knuckle01

• Master Force User
« Reply #55 on: August 08, 2006, 08:49:05 PM »
someone needs to post up a vid of your custom lightsabers. i'm sure alot of our members would enjoy such a display!

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
« Reply #56 on: August 08, 2006, 10:07:27 PM »
I'll see what I can do about this... unless one of the Graflex owners beats me to it :D

Ganjahman just got His so He was going to be doing a review, maybe He would add a quick video 8)

I'm sure Boba Fett, Count Dooku, Joclad Danva, Julian, Seth Ski-woo, Laichai ? and others I haven't mentioned...
any one want to do a Video for this? ;)

Offline Gnosis

• Formerly known as Gnosis
  • Master Force User
  • The Bird King of La Mancha
    • This week in geek
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2006, 07:15:31 AM »
Video perhaps when I am back from training

"It is obvious that this contest cannot be decided by our knowledge of the Force... but by our skills with a lightsaber. "
Count Dooku

Sith Lord Adminstrator
countdooku@fx-sabers.com

Offline Knuckle01

• Master Force User
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2006, 08:57:27 AM »
AWESOME....can't wait!!

Offline Yoda

• Jedi Master
  • Administrator
  • Master Force User
« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2006, 10:25:07 PM »
There is a quick video of it in Ganjahmans review under saber reviews 8)

http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=4699.0

retrousse