fiduciary

Author Topic: Korbanth 2016 run - MPP 2.0 / DV6 / OWK / K4 / DM1 updates NOW SHIPPING  (Read 37769 times)

Offline Forcepush

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Re: Korbanth 2016 run - MPP 2.0 / DV6 / OWK / K4 / DM1 updates NOW SHIPPING
« Reply #135 on: February 15, 2017, 11:17:42 PM »
Oh okay glad to see I'm not crazy haha. Thanks for the fast response!

Offline Forcepush

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #136 on: February 16, 2017, 05:25:03 PM »
I'm looking to build my first saber with this MPP 2.0. Does anyone know if this build would work with this saber? YouTube [nofollow]
Thanks

Offline Darth Chasm

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
« Reply #137 on: February 16, 2017, 09:08:19 PM »
Probably not without some level of modification or variance on the configuration. The largest MHS acrylic discs are 1.24" OD. The MPP 2.0 has an ID of 1.3... ish. The are some aliminim MHS discs that are 1.31" OD. With a little sanding and perhaps some "creativity" you may be able to cobble something together.

Offline RichieBOC

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
    • Richie Castellano on YouTube
« Reply #138 on: February 17, 2017, 04:18:43 PM »
FYI I used a couple of rubber O rings to align my OWK, but supposedly you can rotate the center core so that aligns with the tightened top part.  The OWK is beautiful but the poor sound is a real drag.  Any one have any ideas/solutions on how to improve this?

Offline NiklasK

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #139 on: February 18, 2017, 10:16:40 PM »
Hi everybody

This is my first post here. I just got Korbanths K4, Graflex 2.0 and MPP 2.0.

I´m a complete beginner when it comes to assembly and adjusting this kits. I bought these as replacements for my MR sabers and these will only be for display at home. My question is, can anybody point me to a guide on how to properly assemble these? I found a video from East Coast Sabers regarding the Graflex but I havent found anything regarding the MPP 2.0 or the K4.

I want it to be as screen accurate as possible and is a bit lost on where to put all the little scres and stuff included with the sabers.

Best regards
NIklas

Offline sllikskills

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #140 on: February 19, 2017, 08:39:56 PM »
While getting all my parts and electronics together for my K4 assembly, I thought I'd post some info regarding sound bard compatibility.

Inner Diameter of K4 is 0.87" comfortably, and 0.88" tight squeeze..
Measured this against the Prizm, the CF8, and the NBv3.. Only NBv3 will fit without modification. Prizm and CF8 are about 2mm too wide for the ID of the K4 (0.93" vs 0.87"). The downer to this is that NBv3 does not support an auxiliary switch. Any one know of any way around this? I saw a post in a separate thread of someone using a Crystal Shard 2.0  with the K4 with an aux switch wired, however I know those Crystal Shards are not easily attainable.

Hope this info helps some peeps

Offline theholyduck

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #141 on: February 19, 2017, 09:19:23 PM »
you might be able to fit a diyino in there then. its 0.86 inches wide according to googles metric to imp converter.

Offline Abner

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #142 on: February 19, 2017, 09:35:29 PM »
Can someone tell me where to get my hands on the Revenge of the Sith card for the k4 saber? Not the clear bubble one that came with korbanth's saber. The now that's similar to Anakin's in Revenge of the Sith also.

This one:
[img http://Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet[/img]
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 09:47:36 PM by Abner »

Offline RyDiddy

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
« Reply #143 on: February 19, 2017, 09:58:55 PM »
Can someone tell me where to get my hands on the Revenge of the Sith card for the k4 saber? Not the clear bubble one that came with korbanth's saber. The now that's similar to Anakin's in Revenge of the Sith also.

This one:

Sloth furnace makes them and sells them on his site.  I just got one recently, but I'm not going to end up using it. Shoot me a PM if you're interested, willing to let it go for a little less than he sells it for on his site.

Offline RichieBOC

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
    • Richie Castellano on YouTube
« Reply #144 on: February 20, 2017, 12:02:31 AM »
I spent the evening tinkering with my OWK. The sound was really crummy.  I was using the GOTH chassis part where the speaker sat behind the recharge port.  I ended up take the speaker out of the chassis and putting it right up against the pommel.  I cut out a strip of craft foam and surrounded the speaker with it forming a foam sleeve.  The insulated the speaker and provided a lip that kept the speaker from rattling against the pommel.  Well, I can't tell you how pleased I am with the results!  It was a remarkable improvement. It's still not my loudest saber, but it is now a respectable volume.  Probably about what you'd expect from a stock MR soundboard, but again...HUGE improvement.  I currently have a mini bass speaker in there, but I may try the mini premium speaker next since it's a little woofy sounding.

Offline Darth PJs

• Force User
  • Don't Question R2-D2's street cred!
« Reply #145 on: February 20, 2017, 06:14:52 PM »
While getting all my parts and electronics together for my K4 assembly, I thought I'd post some info regarding sound bard compatibility.

Inner Diameter of K4 is 0.87" comfortably, and 0.88" tight squeeze..
Measured this against the Prizm, the CF8, and the NBv3.. Only NBv3 will fit without modification. Prizm and CF8 are about 2mm too wide for the ID of the K4 (0.93" vs 0.87"). The downer to this is that NBv3 does not support an auxiliary switch. Any one know of any way around this? I saw a post in a separate thread of someone using a Crystal Shard 2.0  with the K4 with an aux switch wired, however I know those Crystal Shards are not easily attainable.

Hope this info helps some peeps

You might check out an NEC soundboard like the Spark 2 - it looks like it could fit and you could get an aux switch.

Offline magisterludi13

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #146 on: February 20, 2017, 06:52:34 PM »
Does anybody know of a DM1 install guide that is somewhere lurking around the internet?  I've found a couple random videos on YouTube but nothing that has detailed steps.  Thank you!

Offline NanoRex

• No Force
  • "But now, we must eat! Come!"
« Reply #147 on: February 24, 2017, 03:25:29 PM »
Been messing around with my OWK, and here are some thoughts.
  • I don't really understand what was the point in making the glowing greebles LEDs. There's no easy way to get wires up there and you get shine through from the main LED anyway. I'll likely end up cutting off the leads and just sticking them in.
  • There is another (10-32?) tapped hole where the brass greeble would be if it were on the left of the red button in addition to the one on the right. This would make a good LED retention screw hole.
  • The brass greeble has quite a large diameter and can easily be drilled through to allow for either a light-up jewel or a rod to pass through for an auxiliary switch.
  • Modifying the hilt to fit a CF, PC, or PRIZM really wouldn't be that hard; all you would need is a slot in the inner tube.
  • I am not sure how one is meant to align this saber. Is the small slot at the bottom on the inner rube relevant? Is a screw supposed to be secured in there? I thought of sanding the black bottom section to align the saber, but if the aforementioned slot is important then that will not work for me.
  • There is a seemingly random (10-32?) tapped hole opposite the covertec screw hole. Any ideas what that's for?
  • I am going to need a replacement covertec screw as the supplied one is not long enough and only catches one thread or so. Not sure if anyone else has this problem or not.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 07:04:07 PM by NanoRex »

Offline Abner

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #148 on: February 26, 2017, 09:19:52 PM »

This one:

Sloth furnace makes them and sells them on his site.  I just got one recently, but I'm not going to end up using it. Shoot me a PM if you're interested, willing to let it go for a little less than he sells it for on his site.

PM'ed.

Offline RyDiddy

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
« Reply #149 on: February 26, 2017, 09:56:16 PM »
Replied

retrousse