fiduciary

Author Topic: Anakin ROTS FX Lightsaber  (Read 3937 times)

Offline DSidious

• Padawan Learner
  • "Now young Skywalker......You will die"
Anakin ROTS FX Lightsaber
« on: December 13, 2005, 08:16:36 AM »
I came across the Master Replica web page by accident and was amazed by the new standard of lightsabers. I had an old Luke Skywalker ROTJ saber (early 90's) that was a hologen flashlight bulb and the blade was a dime-sized dowel. The blade was a green tint. I wanted an Anakin ROTS in the worst way and saw the price tag. It seemed expensive and I remembered my old saber that was a disappointment. By luck the local mall had a Game Stop store in it and I saw a bunch of them in boxes. I asked the employee if he saw one in action. He stated that he owned one as well as his friends and in his mind it was worth the price. I took a chance and was blown away by the FX audio/visual. It was well worth the money spent. I'm going to start a collection. I urge the person who is desiding to get a FX saber, but is skeptical of the cost to take that leap of faith and buy it. Of course, shop around for a good price. Check your local Game Stop, Software Etc, or Babbages and ask..............Or you can go Hasbro..lol. 
"Strike me down with all of your hatred and your journey toward the darkside will be complete"

Offline Darthirishman

• Master Force User
  • They used to call me Sifo-Dyas
Re: Anakin ROTS FX Lightsaber
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 08:26:42 AM »
Well like they always say if you can pay then play, I think they are very affordable and the greatest StarWars toys created.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  Then go find the person who has vodka and have a party

Offline Snoballz

• Master Force User
  • a toy never played with is not a toy at all
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 09:16:37 AM »
don't know if I would call them "affordable",  but they are well worth their price.   Especially when you take in to account the prices of other prop replicas.

Offline AAYLA SECURA

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 09:39:58 AM »
I agree with Snoballz. While Force FX's aren't the most affordable things, they are definitely worth the price tag. I'd much rather spend money on these than the limited edition replicas that reflect what Lucasfilm can crank out cheaply at anytime in their little prop factory. ;) Not to say they aren't cool, because they are. But without the blade, a lightsaber just isn't the same. :)
Hasbro Signature Series
Luke Skywalker ANH with Removable Blade
Obi-Wan Kenobi ROTS with Removable Blade
Darth Maul TPM with Removable Blade
Kit Fisto AOTC with Removable Blade
Luke Skywalker ROTJ

Offline Darthirishman

• Master Force User
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 09:53:41 AM »
Well I mean I can afford them, I am sorry that I didnt take into account that some have to scrap and save to buy things if I could I would be every member in here a Fx for Christmas but I am not that rich and my wife would kill me lol, but everyone agrees that these are way better than the limted edition hilts.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.  Then go find the person who has vodka and have a party

Offline The Bassbooster

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005, 12:10:30 PM »
A nice lightsaber is the ultimate star wars treat for a fan.

No wait, TWO nice lightsabers are the ultimate star wars treat for a fan.

No wait...  ;D

Offline Nestea341

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2005, 10:02:42 AM »
I am suspecting my Anakin ROTS could actually be Anakin AOTC because it looks darker and concentrated with blue than the one from the review pictures. Do any of you have a way to determine as to whether it is Anakin ROTS or Anakin AOTC?

Offline Snoballz

• Master Force User
  • a toy never played with is not a toy at all
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2005, 10:55:24 AM »
I am suspecting my Anakin ROTS could actually be Anakin AOTC because it looks darker and concentrated with blue than the one from the review pictures. Do any of you have a way to determine as to whether it is Anakin ROTS or Anakin AOTC?

yeah... they're completely different hilts. and the AOTC is EL, not LED.

Anakin AOTC

Anakin ROTS

Offline Darthirishman

• Master Force User
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2005, 10:59:15 AM »
If the Anakin is almost same the hilt as the Vader ANH then yeah you have the Anakin AOTC, does it have the power up and power down sequence?

Offline Nestea341

• Experienced Force User
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2005, 10:56:56 AM »
If the Anakin is almost same the hilt as the Vader ANH then yeah you have the Anakin AOTC, does it have the power up and power down sequence?
Yes, it does have the power up and down effects, and the hilt is exactly the same as Anakin ROTS, but as for the color on the blade, I don't know about it.

Offline Darthirishman

• Master Force User
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2005, 11:05:28 AM »
Then I think you have the Anakin ROTS saber, what is wrong with the color, it should be a somewhat deep blue color as where the Luke ESB is a some lighter than the Anakin

Offline Dark Skywalker

• formerly known as Dark Skywalker
  • Master Force User
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2006, 04:23:06 PM »
Anakin ROTS hilt way different than the AOTC one.

Nothing Is Impossible

retrousse