fiduciary

Author Topic: Saberz hilts - the 2014 lineup  (Read 24926 times)

Offline Pfockerchief

• Master Force User
  • (Fa-ker-chief)
Re: Saberz hilts - the 2014 lineup
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2013, 07:08:00 PM »
As Neo said....take me to the Oracle!
Yoda Vintage GFIV, GFV
LDM Obi Bronzium Reveal
LDM MKVI ROTJ PC2 V2 #27
SP/LDM Sid
SJ Obi Romans Reveal
GCS CF6 CEX Asc#14/PC2 Asc AE/Custom Badaxx
OR Adi-Galia CF6
VV Luke Hero/Tempest/Wraths

Offline Sethski

• Master Force User
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2013, 03:25:43 AM »
Brilliant concept and execution. Among the many things to like, as others have commented, the plate for switches, ports, etc particularly stands out, as does the attention and thought in making the design semi-modular/customisation-friendly. Thanks for sharing and putting this out there, the work that's clearly gone into it has really paid off!  ;)

Offline Zenkai

• Force User
    • Saberz.com
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2013, 11:59:45 AM »
Hey everyone,

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. This project has been a lot of fun, and it's great to see that others understand the motivations behind it. Regarding the AV switches, as MH mentioned, they WILL be recessed another mm or so into the switch plate on production versions. That's why I do prototyping in the first place, to sort these kinds of things out :-)

Oracle will follow Apollyon; they likely won't be available at the same time. Glad you guys like that design too :-)  And of course, you could always snag the Apollyon parts, build up a saber, and then wait until Oracle is available and then just bolt on those parts. Obviously slightly more expensive, but then there's no waiting, and then you have a second 'outfit' for your Z-Core Saber :-)

Offline Onli-Won Kanomi

• Master Force User
  • Jedi Knight Of Faith
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2013, 12:26:38 PM »
Nice to see this moving forward...Good Luck!
To DREAM the IMPOSSIBLE DREAM. To FIGHT the unbeatable foe. To BEAR with unbearable sorrow. To RUN where the brave dare not go. To RIGHT the unrightable wrong. To LOVE, PURE AND CHASTE, FROM AFAR [-sigh-]. To TRY, when your arms are too weary; to REACH the unreachable Star!... This is my Quest; To follow that Star, no matter how hopeless, no matter how far...

Offline Khal

• Formerly known as Khal1993
  • Master Force User
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2013, 01:15:16 PM »
extremely nice saber. I love the satin look of the metal. definitely a favourite of mine now.

Offline IndustrialAction

• Master Force User
  • IAC - Elegant designs with a more civilized edge
    • IndustrialAction Customs
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2013, 01:19:19 PM »
Hey everyone,

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. This project has been a lot of fun, and it's great to see that others understand the motivations behind it. Regarding the AV switches, as MH mentioned, they WILL be recessed another mm or so into the switch plate on production versions. That's why I do prototyping in the first place, to sort these kinds of things out :-)

Oracle will follow Apollyon; they likely won't be available at the same time. Glad you guys like that design too :-)  And of course, you could always snag the Apollyon parts, build up a saber, and then wait until Oracle is available and then just bolt on those parts. Obviously slightly more expensive, but then there's no waiting, and then you have a second 'outfit' for your Z-Core Saber :-)

Awesome news all around!

Offline Turgon

• Master Force User
  • Epic Bear sez " Can I haz two?"
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2013, 07:37:04 AM »
Even if I were not an addict, I'd want these!

I've broken Juggers in half, smashed their bones, left the ground behind me wet with brains. There's nothing I wouldn't do to win. But I never hurt anyone for any reason other than sticking a dog's skull on a stake.

Offline Darth Ryô

• Experienced Force User
  • Glory of the Hunt
    • My blog: GOTH Custom Sabers
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2013, 04:22:38 AM »
Great news indeed, looking forward to it ^^

Offline Zenkai

• Force User
    • Saberz.com
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2013, 11:41:01 AM »
I just received one of my Apollyon prototypes with a Crystal Focus 6.5 installed, courtesy Justin Marshall (Justinmars here on the forum). It's absolutely wonderful, and demonstrates what a Z-Core saber can be like with a CF installed. I'll have images and videos available in the coming weeks, for those who are curious. Oh, and there will be several other ZCS designs unveiled some time in the near future as well. For now, I'll give you their names: Apollyon, Oracle, Inferis, Artex, and Voltera. Stay tuned!

Offline Clark Kent

• Master Force User
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2013, 12:01:41 PM »
i want to see the ORACLE saber. that one will look cool.

Offline Zenkai

• Force User
    • Saberz.com
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2013, 12:31:09 PM »
Oracle is coming, Clark. The first prototype is already being machined :-)

Offline nartules

• Master Force User
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2013, 12:32:29 PM »
Cool to see that people will have options for the Card of their choice to be in core. Really looking forward to getting one when available. I showed the designs to my son. He was stoked about the ability to swap out and mix and match parts on his own.

Time will bring the real end of our trial.  One day they'll be no remnants

Offline Justintmars

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • There is some peace?
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2013, 02:12:57 PM »
Oracle is coming, Clark. The first prototype is already being machined :-)
Do I get to cf6 Proto Oracle Also?  ;D

Offline Justintmars

• Mining Colony Members
  • Master Force User
  • There is some peace?
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2013, 04:02:32 PM »
i want to see the ORACLE saber. that one will look cool.
If it feels anything like an Apollyon, which it will, then it is going to not only look cool Clark but be one of the most comfortably wielded Sabers you will ever have.
If you have held an Ldm Kotor in game Hilt then you know the value of a smaller Outer diameter saber

Offline Pyromatic177

• Master Force User
  • Don't fight a Pyro. Because you'll just get burned
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2013, 07:30:15 PM »
I may have missed this but is there an idea on prices for these hilts yet? Just wonderin!  :D

retrousse