fiduciary

Author Topic: Luke's Collection thread part 2  (Read 23137 times)

D@rth M@ul

Re: Luke's Collection thread part 2
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2006, 12:57:49 PM »
Looks like you must have some deep pockets to buy all of that. ;D

Offline benlurkin

• Master Force User
  • aka benlurkin
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2006, 10:54:51 PM »
I've done a little re-arranging and decided to share some pics.

(Click thumbs for full-size)

I previously posted these over at RS (as they did come about as part of a discussion there) so they may look familiar to some.

Even so, I really like how they turned out.  I even kept the AOTC Clone in there afterwards, and I think I'll keep it in there until I find something to replace it with, whenever that may be. ::)

Offline Jaden Korr

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2006, 07:31:52 PM »
Luke your collection never ceases to amaze me. I do not know what you must do for a living to afford all this. But if you ever need a partner i am a business major  ;) .

I really like those helmets and i know i have asked before but have you tried em on? What is the detail like on the inside?

I have honestly never seen an inside shot of any of the helms think you could hook us up?

Offline Timmy-Wan Kenobi

• AKA Timmy-Wan Kenobi
  • Master Force User
  • Let the Wookiee win
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2006, 04:27:15 AM »
Wow! That is one cool looking display.  ::)
The shelving units look almost made to measure, and the props are top notch.  ;)
As Obi-Wan said, you must work hard to be able to afford all those fabulous replicas. Good for you!  :)

Offline benlurkin

• Master Force User
  • aka benlurkin
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2006, 06:45:20 PM »
I'm quite happy with the configuration as well, but as it is ever changing, the fun of getting all together will continue. :D

Sorry for not getting those pics of the inside of the helmets up yet, Obi-wan, but as you can imagine it's not exactly easy to get into those cases with the shelf right above it.  I should be able to get some of those pics sometime next week, but I'll leave that up to the postman. ::)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 10:38:57 PM by Luke Skywalker »

Offline Kyle Katarnn

• Formerly know as Kyle Katarn
  • Master Force User
  • The Sarlacc found me somewhat indigestable, Solo.
« Reply #50 on: October 06, 2006, 06:49:14 PM »
Wow, I have missed a lot. I like your custom sabers Luke and the way you have everything setup. I wish I had that kind of space to start organizing my collection.

Offline benlurkin

• Master Force User
  • aka benlurkin
« Reply #51 on: October 06, 2006, 07:02:40 PM »
As my setup has come a long way from the first pic I posted of it here (see thumbnail below) I've come to realize half the fun of a display is to find creative ways to make use of the space you have.  I wholeheartedly recommend just moving some stuff around for the fun of if, even if it doesn't fit, it is a great way to have your collection be active, not to mention it's a great excuse to pull out and handle the sabers, something which never gets old. :D

Offline Kyle Katarnn

• Formerly know as Kyle Katarn
  • Master Force User
  • The Sarlacc found me somewhat indigestable, Solo.
« Reply #52 on: October 06, 2006, 07:11:28 PM »
 :o I like those Jango Fett blasters! great collection

Offline benlurkin

• Master Force User
  • aka benlurkin
« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2006, 07:16:09 PM »
The Jangos really are a great set.  But as dramatic and cool as the presentation, I'm constantly surprised that toytracker.net has them at or below list for the duration of the tracking data (over a year). :o

Offline Jaden Korr

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2006, 07:40:31 PM »
I'm quite happy with the configuration as well, but as it is ever changing, the fun of getting all together will continue. :D

Sorry for not getting those picts of the inside of the helmets up yet, Obi-wan, but as you can imagine it's not exactly easy to get into those cases with the shelf right above it.  I should be able to get some of those pics sometime next week, but I'll leave that up to the postman.

Hey No prob Luke take your time. I look forward to seeing them. And xxx i want your collection, i cant imagine how much that will all be worth in years to come. not that youd ever sell it, i probly wouldnt

Offline benlurkin

• Master Force User
  • aka benlurkin
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2006, 05:36:04 PM »
Well I was able to get this a few days earlier than I expected so here are a couple quick shots of the inside.

I took this pic, thinking it might be cool to try and "peak" in through the visor, but it didn't quite work.  You can see my five year old camera clearer than the interior. :D
(As always click on the thumbs for full size.)

Here is what the interior looks like, Obi-wan, looks very comfy, but far to small for me!

I definitely will have more shots up soon, perhaps not of the interior, but wanted to put these up right away as I was so excited to get them. ;)

Offline Jaden Korr

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2006, 06:24:24 PM »
wow thats pretty neat i did not expect it to look like that. It does look comfy

Offline benlurkin

• Master Force User
  • aka benlurkin
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2006, 05:54:36 PM »
One might wonder why I held off for this weekend to take those helmet interior pics.  Similarly the question of why I'd put a budget Rubies helmet is a Custom case worth several times more than the helmet itself.  Of course if one did wonder about this for more than a few moments one would realize I had an imminent addition to my collection.

I'm very pleased to showcase my newly arrived ROTS LE Spec Ops Helmet.

(Click on any thumbnail for a larger version)

Here are a few close-ups shots of the newly referbished model of the Vader's Legion Helmet.

And then the other side and a top down view.

Here you see it back in its case, with the Shock Trooper and of course the Rubies back together again.

In case anyone is concerned the Jango blasters are still right by the Helmets, just off to the side now to allow for the new addition.

I'm really thrilled with the way the Spec Ops came out, and especially enjoy the look of it set up next to the Shock, quite the combination. ;D

Offline benlurkin

• Master Force User
  • aka benlurkin
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2006, 05:56:03 PM »
I'm in the middle of a major reorganization but since I'd posted a few pics, I thought I should post them here too.

Offline Jaden Korr

• FX-SABERS VIP
  • Master Force User
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2006, 05:59:56 PM »
Hey Luke that helmet you showed me the inside of, what make and model was it?

retrousse