fiduciary

Author Topic: Crystal Focus X (v10) specs, demo and discussion  (Read 96666 times)

Offline Scorpion

• Master Force User
  • GET OVER HERE!!!
Re: Crystal Focus X (v10) specs, demo and discussion
« Reply #225 on: July 01, 2022, 01:49:42 PM »
thankyou

JQ SABERS MASTER ORGUS DIN CFX
JQ/LDM/MH GK3 OBI-WAN KENOBI Proffie
JQ MASTER REPLICAS LE SIDIOUS CONVERSION CS3
JQ~OM AWESOMESAUCE MAUL STAFF DUAL CFv7
LDM MKVI LUKE SKYWALKER ROTJ REVEAL CFv6
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN EP4 ANH (RUSSREP)CSV4
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX IV ANH CFv5
FX SABERS VINTAGE GRAFLEX V ESB CFv5
JQ SABERS OBI-WAN REVEAL AOTC CS3.0
JQ~VV STARKILLER #2 RUN1 CFv6 cex
JQ~OM ANAKIN "Skinnyflex" CS3
JQ~TRIDCLOUD ANAKIN AOTC CFv7
SC~VV QUIGON JINN #2 CFv5
OM OBIWAN TPM #2 CFv5
JQ SABERS LUKE ROTJ CFv4
JQ~korbanth DOOKU CS2
JQ~korbanth SIDIOUS CS2
JQ SABERS Kylo Ren CS3
LINK TO MY SABERS

Offline TechoMancer

• No Force
  • You don't know the power of the dark side...
« Reply #226 on: November 28, 2023, 11:37:52 PM »
@erv ...HELP!  :(

Stats: CFX MK3, v10.008A fw.

So I've been struggling with this for two days now.  I don't know what else to try.

I have two other boards working perfectly with v10.007F.  What I'm trying to say is that I've been successful setting up two boards (with ACCENT PIXELS) to work exactly how I want.

In short, I can't get LS2 to drive my ACCENT PIXELS in the expected manner.  Based on everything I've tried and the weird behavior I'm getting, it's like the extra\PIXIES\[content folder] isn't being accessed.  Maybe I'm setting it up wrong, based on the new firmware.

It's weird: In IDLE, the ACCENT PIXELS are just OFF. When I turn the blade on, the ACCENT PIXELS connected to LS2 light up, indicating the pixels are not defective and seemingly power and data are being transmitted via LS2.  But it's like they are part of the main (LS1) blade and they "flicker", "clash", etc. in the manner the main blade on LS1 is set up, but do not behave in the manner expected based on the contents of extra\PIXIES\0-GREEN (the folder name that works fine on my other two sabers).

As an experiment, I changed the number of ACCENT PIXELS in the config to see if the data line is transmitting correctly, and indeed, the correct number of ACCENT PIXELS light up based on the config.  I also tried several combinations of numbers between auxstrip and accentstrip (just in case) with no results.

When I turn the saber OFF, the IDLE sequence is not engaged...the pixels just turn off.

I'm using the config that came with v10.008A, with only the following alterations:

vol=90
menuvol=90

ledstrip=132 (length of my blade)
auxstrip=0 (unchanged)
tridentstrip=0 (unchanged)
accentstrip=-11 (total of my accent pixels, using a negative number to designate LS2, as I understand it)

[profile=0]
pname=green_profile

style_accents=0 (not changed, just showing in case this causing a problem)
style_pixies=0 (index in extra\PIXIES\)
style_grafx1=-1 (not changed, just showing in case this causing a problem)
style_grafx2=-1 (not changed, just showing in case this causing a problem)
style_grafx3=-1 (not changed, just showing in case this causing a problem)

Everything else in the config is unchanged.  So if it's one of the parameters not listed that's causing the problem, please let me know which one(s).

Can't figure out if I'm doing something wrong or the board is defective.

Offline erv

• Plecter Labs Inc. "Keeper of the Buttered Toast"
  • Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
  • Formerly known as Irvin PLECTER
    • Plecter Labs - Props Electronics
« Reply #227 on: November 29, 2023, 07:05:24 AM »
thanks you for the super detailed (and useful) explanation and config. Please PM me a SD card zip archive (we transfer or else) so I can test that with 8A and see if I can replicate, thanks. You don't need to include every font just a few of those, along with the rest of the package. Configuration looks correct to me. Idle has been tested too on LS2 as well as other sequences.

have you enabled / included the [IDLE] in your grafx / pixies file ? have you looked at the log of the board in debug mode to see which files / sequences are triggered and where ? (index folders)

Offline TechoMancer

• No Force
« Reply #228 on: November 29, 2023, 02:12:33 PM »
@erv

Your quick replies are always greatly appreciated.

I totally spaced debug mode. I'll try that tonight before I trouble you with my sd package.

I'm embarrassed to say that I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "enabled" the [IDLE] in your grafx / pixies file. The [IDLE] element in the pixels.txt file is NOT commented out. The "accents" parameter is configured for 11 pixels and "many" is set to "1" for all the elements as I only have one sequence for each. The "stop" is set to "0". Everything else I left alone.

I haven't touched the GRAFX folder as all style_grafx(N) are set to "-1" in the blade profile.

Is that what you mean?

Offline TechoMancer

• No Force
« Reply #229 on: November 29, 2023, 08:28:56 PM »
OK, so, I'm a colossal idiot.

I went into RICE to check the debug log and noticed that the firmware that I "updated" in Crystal FX, did not take. The fw was still 10.006E.  Crystal FX has worked flawlessly for me, so I have to assume I did something wrong in the update process and it was not Crystal FX's fault.

Anyway, I updated the fw manually and everything is working fine, up to this point.

Thanx @erv

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #230 on: November 29, 2023, 11:39:29 PM »
that makes it very "logical" at the end then. I tend to prone **monitored** fw update with a log of the output thru the USB serial terminal (can be done in RICE) to see if everything went well. Depending on the fw you're upgrading from, the automatic fw update could work too including with an audio notification of the result (from a UI wav file).
Also, fw version can be obtained, like you said, via RICE or with the serial command version.
Fw update leaves a version file on the SD card too after updating, so you know what you're on. Finally, version=1 prints it and stores the version on version.txt too like the fw update does

Offline TechoMancer

• No Force
« Reply #231 on: January 06, 2024, 11:17:07 AM »
I'm having an issue with the board (v10.3) reading the battery level after the update to v10.008A.  Unfortunately, it's a new board and I immidiately updated the firmware before doing anything else, so I'm not sure if it's the board or the firmware.

My hobby charger shows a fully charged 18650 (4.2v).  However, the board will not read above 2 or 3 bars on the OLED screen AND I get the "energy critical" audio warning after about only 10 minutes of use.

When it happened I didn't think anything of if and I stuck in the charger, and the charger read 3.98v...I'm pretty sure that's not critical.

I tried reflashing the firmware, just in case, but the board still won't go above the 2 or 3 bars on a fully charged battery.

Is there a way to calibrate the board or check possibly a capacitor or resistor that might be bad, or does it sound like it's faulty hardware?

Thanx

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #232 on: January 07, 2024, 01:07:11 AM »
hi res pictures needed. The PLI measurement line is probably messed up. That could be a short on the board, or on the MCU.

Offline TechoMancer

• No Force
« Reply #233 on: January 11, 2024, 09:45:46 AM »
So I'm considering adding a feedback motor to my next build, but I have a couple of questions:

1. The latest manual suggest connecting the motor to L4.  The diagram on page 137 shows bridging L1 and L2, then L3 and L4, for a pixel blade. The manual mentions "Strip power usually deals well with 3 drivers when properly bridged together", but I don't understand how the connection would look.  Do I bridge L1 L2 L3 and connect both blade negative leads to L3 or....?

2. The manual also mentions an accent LED pad can be used but that "wiring a power extender to an accent pad with PWM capability" will be necessary.  My question is, if the motor is only 1.5v-2v and the pads output 3v (if I understand the manual correctly), why is a power extender necessary?  I'm probably not understanding the instructions.  Couldn't you just connect the motor to the accent pad with a resistor?

Sorry for the uninformed questions. I don't dabble that deep into electronics.

Offline erv

• Manufacturer
  • Master Force User
« Reply #234 on: January 11, 2024, 10:49:33 AM »

1) You bridge L1 L2 L3 and splice your negs to the ledstrip (emitter side) PCB respecting gauge. You keep L4 for your motor indeed

2) the 15 mA of the accent pads aren't sufficient to drive you motor, it's not about the voltage, but current.

Offline TechoMancer

• No Force
« Reply #235 on: January 11, 2024, 03:28:07 PM »

1) You bridge L1 L2 L3 and splice your negs to the ledstrip (emitter side) PCB respecting gauge. You keep L4 for your motor indeed

2) the 15 mA of the accent pads aren't sufficient to drive you motor, it's not about the voltage, but current.

Awesome.

Thanks Erv, as always, for your quick responses.

retrousse