fiduciary

Author Topic: Proffie Neopixel vs Plecter Neopixel  (Read 1576 times)

Offline Chadm

• No Force
  • Um...Hello?
Proffie Neopixel vs Plecter Neopixel
« on: March 07, 2019, 04:55:50 PM »
Hello all,

I'm a pretty green saber builder compared to any of the experts here especially when it comes to open source so i have some basic questions for those with the knowledge.
I have been building and installing for about 2 years and the most complex thing i have ever done was a neopoxel prizm 5.1. I just got on a run for a proffie board and i am excited but also curious of the differences between that and my current neopixel prizm saber.

What are the major differences in possible LED strip applications between a proffie and Prizm? I know that Proffie being open source Arduino based is basically up to imagination but as far as the common applications like the "Fire Blade", more animation blaster block and clash, glimmering blade and "Rain on blade" effects, how close can you get to some of those with a prizm/NBV4? I am aiming mainly toward film accurate type effects.

As far as the plecter labs neopixel setup, i know there are some cool adjustable parameters too so is there anyone who has done anything really neat with those parameters? i haven't messed with them much.

I appreciate your thoughts and ideas. I am just trying to understand the scope of what i can do to maximize film accuracy in the LED strip effects on my current and future sabers builds

Thanks very much and i apologize if any of these are dumb questions. I look forward to learning from others with more experience in this area.

-Chad

retrousse